Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Did I just turn to bad healer or do tanks really suck now.

I used to like playing as resto but currently mythic and m+ feels so exhausting sometimes.

Especially with DK but not only one.

Even with precasting regrowth on pulls they pretty much get one shot more often than I would like to.

And with DK often "okey he is doing fine" keeping 90s and bam. Dead. Had no time to use CD and pop insta.

Not to mention no time to side-dps on pugs because dps take damage all the time. This weeks affix and melee dps... And of course they blame healer.

Bosses otherwise are breeze and afkfest.

Maybe it is just pugs.. Constantly only one who put up cc, soothe and dispel.

I would understand on some 12+ etc. plus but on lowers..

First week was blast but maybe it is just these affixes.

Tips on spiteful with melee dps? keeping hots does not seem to be enough and god damn tank keeps taking all my instant and regrowth casts.
    Last edited by Thokri; 2020-12-26 at 02:12 AM.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

BDK's are pretty volatile when it comes to incoming damage, as they're designed to heal up some of the damage after they take it. However, their damage taken can be double some of the other tanks depending upon the scenario. They're just in a weaker spot right now.

When it comes to Spiteful, melee have to be mindful when mobs die and realize that you get fixated a few seconds before the add actually starts moving/attacking. In a more teamplay-oriented group, everyone can do stuff to keep Spiteful adds away from everyone with CC's/knockbacks/roots/etc. In the pug keys I've done this week, I've seen melee trying to kill their own non-CC'd add... then blame the healer when they get crit and one-shot. I've seen a spiteful add crit for 32k, there's no healing through that on most players.

All in all, it's not a melee friendly affix this week, and your experience is mostly pugs. I'll give a little consideration that it's a brand new affix for those that didn't play with it on the beta, and people will eventually adjust. However, when you pug, you always run the risk of finding those special people that do not want to learn or adjust to an affix, no matter what the affix may be.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Feels like it’s the tanks. I’m not playing the same healing class as you, but I’m not seeing tanks getting one-shot in M+ at all unless they do stupid things like stand in avoidable abilities.

And as exochaft said, people, especially melee, standing in the way of spirits is just asking for trouble. You can’t heal through them, they’re supposed to be a team effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post

Tips on spiteful with melee dps? keeping hots does not seem to be enough and god damn tank keeps taking all my instant and regrowth casts.
    Tip #1, don't pug melee this week. Honestly, this affix is a non issue for range but melee you risk people just being dumb and trying to fight their spiteful or just not noticing it before it 2 shots them.

10+ Year Old Account
    DK tanks are in an incredibly bad spot atm - Despite gaining multiple additional tanking tool going into SL. Lowest passive mitigation. Worst active mitigation. Have many CDs, none of which are powerful. Poor kiting. Low damage.

The only reason that a DK tank could be good is Control Undead in NW, PF, and ToP.

Overall, what I've noticed for tanks..

Guardian - Extremely smooth damage intake. Can make absolutely massive pulls and still live due to their powerful defensive CDs. However, damage output is low and kiting capability is limited.

DH - Spiky damage intake. Metamorphasis is a decent powerful CD, but as good as what Guardian has access to. Good kiting capabilities, good damage.

Paladin - Swing damage intake, but overall solid.

Warrior - Strong active mitigation. Weak outside of Shield Block. Poor kiting.

Monk - Smooth damage intake. Great kiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

There's a lot of bad tanks. I personally prefer healing paladins, druids, and dhs. Dks and monks take way too much dmg, and warrior tanks don't exist.

On semi-high keys, 12-14 or more, it can be normal if your tank doesn't know when to kite, or pull a little too much. During the first week I tanked some 10-12 (with ~190 ilvl), with that gear some pack where very hard to facetank. As a guardian I sometime got almost oneshot when I didn't have a cd available (personnal "best", died in 0.3s, with full life, just after the pull... with my wall up, so 50% damage reduction. A normal pack + 2 extra little mobs).
    Last edited by Thorcall; 2020-12-26 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    There's a lot of bad tanks. I personally prefer healing paladins, druids, and dhs. Dks and monks take way too much dmg, and warrior tanks don't exist.
    I can say the the monks that you are healing either don’t know how to play a BrM or shouldn’t play one. Also many of the tanks that I see when playing a healer don’t understand what need to be stunned/interrupted or cc’d. When I’m tanking on BrM, I have certain things stunned like “loyal beasts” or cc altogether. When I’m healing tanks I see many of them not understand that if they’re not interrupting on cd, they’re doing it wrong. DPS is important but not at the expense of causing a wipe because something that was avoidable, wasn’t avoided

Excuse any typos as I’m writing this on my phone.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

I've been doing my fair amount of 7-8s and talking only Fortified weeks here honestly the easiest tank I've healed since M+ started was a guardian druid in Plaguefall 8, first guardian I've healed since M+ launch. DHs I'm not knowledgeable on their CDs but jumping into trash this week unless I've got rolling hots on them they drop super low instantaneously, Paladins are decent and I like their interrupts, ability to clear diseases and ofc LoH if things get super sketchy. DKs are bad to heal, warriors meh don't see too many of them and monks are ok.

Depends. Most tanks are just bad.
    I personally hate to heal demon hunters. They take so much dmg that I can't even refresh my hots.

I have good experience with almost all tanks.
    So it's the Player not the class.
    I don't mind healing warriors.

Yes tanks get one shot all the time. Even on a plus 7 you see tanks getting one shot.

I have 9k HPs on some pulls and I have healed everything up to +15 so far. Its pretty rng if you get a tanky one or someone who won't give you any time to heal the group.

I just wanted to say I try to avoid contributing in the negativity, however with that being said....

I feel like the range I've been running this week in PuG's, 12-13 range has extremely volatile tanks. I would like to give an example of what I mean:

I was running a PF +13, someone pulled an extra tendy in the little ooze puddle gauntlet. The tank absolutely berated the entire group because the prideful pull % was now off by one pull. As someone that also tanks yes this can be a big deal. However the % from his route was already off. We were getting prideful multiple pulls before boss encounters (that didn't need prideful). The extra pull actually gave us MORE time with prideful. Each pull he would stop and type out in all caps how awful we all were.

Are tanks worse? Yes, no, people are playing new classes. However are they being awful human beings, yes.

Everyone loves DHs tanking but god damn they drop so fast I actually find them the most tedious to heal out of all classes in M+, I can have full rolling hots on any other tank I can shift to do some DPS all throughout the trash / bossfights and only shift to use the swiftmend legendary to refresh durations but DHs jump in and they're like 50% hp instantaneous I have to constantly be out. Must be played wrong surely the ones I meet.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2020-12-29 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AidanJLowe View Post
    Everyone loves DHs tanking but god damn they drop so fast I actually find them the most tedious to heal out of all classes in M+, I can have full rolling hots on any other tank I can shift to do some DPS all throughout the trash / bossfights and only shift to use the swiftmend legendary to refresh durations but DHs jump in and they're like 50% hp instantaneous I have to constantly be out. Must be played wrong surely the ones I meet.
    Honestly, as a DH, all I can say is that they are probably playing it wrong. I have zero survivability issues as DH, and have too many tools at my disposal to stop me from keeling over. Resto druid is probably my favorite healer to have with me just for that reason, because the constant ticking HoT's provide me a smoother health bar to know when I need to pop a CD.

I have had healers die on me, and I will just still be there keeping myself alive for minutes until the pull is done.

I think a lot of tanks and groups in general are still in gogogo mentality which shouldn't be a thing at the start of an xpac with low gear all across the board.

I know tanks who make fun of all the "pussy tanks" who pull 1 pack at a time, they go in leeroy jenkins style, go splat and blame the group. I know the tanks who pull slowly and dps pull extras because "tank too slow" and then wipe.

Add the usual aversion of low-mid tier pugs to interrupts, dispels, purges and cc and you have the picture.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    warrior tanks don't exist.
    I'm a Warrior tank
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to like playing as resto but currently mythic and m+ feels so exhausting sometimes.

Even with precasting regrowth on pulls they pretty much get one shot more often than I would like to.

And with DK often "okey he is doing fine" keeping 90s and bam. Dead. Had no time to use CD and pop insta.

Not to mention no time to side-dps on pugs because dps take damage all the time. This weeks affix and melee dps... And of course they blame healer.

It's the first week of Spiteful and DPS don't know how to deal with it, so they'll do what they always do and blame healers when they face tank them and die. Tank getting one shot is also not your fault at all, he's either playing poorly or not geared enough, healers are only as good as their group and if the group keeps taking avoidable damage then there's nothing you can do except tell them to stop being bad.

its neither tbh its grievous weeks and resto druids dont do well with that on top of it, they are are bugy first tick of their hots aren't removing a grievous stack like it should do

i just did a mists 9 on my bear and the 4th trash pack globald me in there through 2 cds, those debuffs hurt, also with spiteful its the 1st time seeing this afix so they need to get use to it, cc it and move on they lose 5% hp a second (tho this doesn't work witt spires due to how the instance works)

As someone that occasionally tanks as a blood DK, I know we are awful to heal. That said, resto druids are my favorite healers. I may spike a lot, but with hots rolling I feel much safer healing back up to full with them and my deathstrikes. I feel like other healers have to babysit me with their quick burst heals too much for either of our liking.

It is not the tanks but the damage scaling of the mobs in m+. When the dominating tank class in the Top100 ladder is Vengance "tanking while kiting" DH, you know there is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Overall, what I've noticed for tanks..

Guardian - Extremely smooth damage intake. Can make absolutely massive pulls and still live due to their powerful defensive CDs. However, damage output is low and kiting capability is limited.

DH - Spiky damage intake. Metamorphasis is a decent powerful CD, but as good as what Guardian has access to. Good kiting capabilities, good damage.

Paladin - Swing damage intake, but overall solid.

Warrior - Strong active mitigation. Weak outside of Shield Block. Poor kiting.

Monk - Smooth damage intake. Great kiting.
    I agree overall, wanted to point out how much of Guardian's power comes from their legendary (15% chance for Thrash to doubletap, can proc off itself, 75% of Thrash damage becomes an absorb) - without it they'd likely be the worst or one of the worst M+ tanks.

I don't agree that Guardian damage is low though, but rather that DH and Paladins have OP damage, especially with the right Covenants (Kyrian Vengeance DH will end up with the majority of their damage being Elysian Decree, a Venthyr Prot Paladin will outDPS most people during Ashen Hollow).

Just my notes as a Guardian Druid.

Having healed a fair few M+, I'd also chime in with the "some tanks are just bad" movement - I pugged a Brewmaster in normal Nathria last night, who used Celestial Brew twice on a 7 minute boss fight.