10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I see the Rams unis they're somehow uglier than the last time I saw them.
    /s

Chargers about to Charger again. They must really take pride in allowing offenses that can't get out of their own way in the first 3.5 quarters to come back against them.

15+ Year Old Account
    “Browns should lean on their run game”

Baker mayfield 28/53
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cautious optimism about this game so far for the Packers. But I know well enough that Henry's good to break off one long TD run, and the Packers are good to give up two.

- - - Updated - - -

This team is starting to feel like one of those "peaking at the right time" teams. Especially with how KC's been playing as of late.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

This team is starting to feel like one of those "peaking at the right time" teams. Especially with how KC's been playing as of late.
    Maybe but we’re only one week removed from that awkward Carolina game, and snow games have to be taken with a grain of s..snow. They do look more balanced and like a team deserving the top spot in this years very mortal nfc teams.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Things may happen, and at some time in the playoffs I'm quite sure also will happen, but still I do see GB as the clear #1 in NFC. Brees might not be in good enough shape to make Saints good enough, and Hill just won't cut it. Bucs can win if the game is only the 1st or 2nd half (needs to be decided in retrospect though). Seahawks I just don't feel they're solid enough. The horrid defense had shown some tiny specs of life, but offense is stagnating. Rams are going nowhere with that inconsistency.
    AFC I thought that will be one horse race for KC, but they've decided to be mortal occasionally. Then again, who's there to challenge them? Titans defense won't cut it, and I had my eyes bleeding when watching some of the Steelers' last games (not this week's). Bills though, they're red hot and I wouldn't mind if this time they'd finally find success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stefon Diggs plays tonight, but right now, Travis Kelce has the most reception yards in the NFL. Crazy that a tight end is doing that. He probably won't play next week and will likely be passed, but it's still insane.

The Broncos have a turnover in every game this year, and the last 16 going back to last year. I am actually surprised it isn't longer, Lock is a turnover machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Stefon Diggs plays tonight, but right now, Travis Kelce has the most reception yards in the NFL. Crazy that a tight end is doing that. He probably won't play next week and will likely be passed, but it's still insane.
    Seems like Kelce is open as much as Witten used to be on 3rd down. He is too big for most corners to cover and too fast for most linebackers. Helps that Andy Reid's offense uses the TE a lot in the passing game too.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well... Haskins got released. The fact they waited the weekend makes me wonder if he's done something else now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well... Haskins got released. The fact they waited the weekend makes me wonder if he's done something else now.
    They probably gave him 1 more chance before getting rid of him and he screwed it up.

It is also possible it was cheaper for them to dump him now than after next week and didn't want to keep him until June 1st or whatever that cutoff date is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alex Smith medicals must be looking better since his absence is the only thing that kept Haskins around.
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Great article/analysis regarding Urban Meyer rumors of him taking an NFL head coach slot. I never realize what a successful coach he was at Ohio State - I knew he was good, but holy shit 83-9 including playoffs is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Great article/analysis regarding Urban Meyer rumors of him taking an NFL head coach slot. I never realize what a successful coach he was at Ohio State - I knew he was good, but holy shit 83-9 including playoffs is insane.
    College football competitiveness is a joke.

As per the usual, I am at work when the Bills are on TV. Hopefully the box scores don't depress me. New England could have 0 wins and I would still expect them to give the Bills a run for their money if not beat them outright.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots are down their starting running back and their main force on the D-line. Likely means the Patriots get forced into game plans they do not want to be in on both offense and defense, yet again.

Going to be a tough road to win this game.

Is Stidham really bad enough that they are sticking with Newton? I don't really see why they wouldn't play him at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Is Stidham really bad enough that they are sticking with Newton? I don't really see why they wouldn't play him at this point.
    Not sure if you are still giving this game the chance after it reached blow out levels, but Stidham is not even moving the ball against the Bills back ups. Clearly he's not an upgrade from Cam Newton, no matter how much parts of the fan base want him to be.

I figured in the off season that Bill had something in him when he didn;t sign a QB. It was pretty obvious from training camp onwards though that Bill had brought in Cam cause he didn't feel Stidham was going to be anywhere near good enough, and that he had (at that moment) just not had the cap space to bring in meaningful upgrades at QB.

Going to be the offseason of Bill's career to turn what he has in this roster and the draft picks and the cap space, into a team that can compete again. I honestly think we are a season away at least though. We need a QB and it makes the most sense to go with a young one, and a young QB will have to learn a complex offensive system. That's not going to go that well starting year 1.

But, we will see. Would not surprise me if Bill brought in Stafford or Matt Ryan or Fitzpatrick as a veteran main option to hold the fort till whatever rookie we get is ready.

Tbh I'm still salty about the missed tackles on Newton's TD run. It reminded me of how soft this defense played against the texans in the playoffs. That shit is a reoccurring theme and needs to stop yesterday.

The only other thing that makes me more angry is having an NFL reciever get hit in the face/both hands with a pass and drop it (dawson knox missed td). How the fuck does that happen in the nfl?

Don't get me wrong, after the ass kicking NE has given Buffalo for the last 20 years, it feels good to sweep them.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

15+ Year Old Account
    At least we got a season not having to hear about how Edelman is elite and a real #1 receiver.

10+ Year Old Account
    That might be the least pressure I've ever seen on a quarterback. Patriots would have been better off dropping eleven in coverage.