Thread: Doom Eternal

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I havent felt like this in a long time. most fps i breeze through or if theres a challenge i adjust and get through with some extra effort.

getting pounded and having to really put in the effort in hasnt happened in a while. i've gotten soft.

What sadistic prick at ID decided to spawn Tyrants in small corridors.

I want to give him a handshake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Swamps was the hardest level on Nightmare. Holt and Final boss were pretty easy honestly. This might be due to the fact that the Swamps kicked my ass so much with blueberry barons that I was conditioned by the time I got too the Holt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    bloody hell I spend a flat 1 hour trying again and again on nightmare and finally, I said fuck it and gave up.
    can't remember the last time I swore continuously while playing a game.

I had no idea about blood punch dealing extra damage to them. Probably was so frustrated I didn't read the tips.

also there is another part where its foggy and lots of those slowing egg stuffs. another possessed demon and tight space. fuck that place too.

and last when I met the green doggy, he was bugged. He would just stop in front of the brazier and never jump to it. It happened4 times at the initial braizer and 2 others ahead. It is a known bug it seems, but I could fix the problem by going ahead of him and killing the few fodders that would block his path
    I got the fight in three tries by doing what I said; hoard Argent ammo until the blue baron came. Fire the BFG to stun him (actually works), switch to Unmakyr and unload everything for the kill. Hose the spirit, ice bomb the 2nd Baron when he reaches you to prevent interruption, then just kill it and done. I can't imagine doing this without retries or expending my full supply of Argent ammo. The only thing that could possibly be more sadistic than this arena would be dual blue Marauders or some absurd shit.

@Verdugo that guy's easy shit. He's basically alone and you can very easily chain CC him with frost bombs and grenades while tearing him up with lock-on mod and/or chaingun. IMO Tyrant should be flinch immune to be a greater threat, for something so huge he's really easy to stunlock.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What sadistic prick at ID decided to spawn Tyrants in small corridors.

I want to give him a handshake.
    this is something new I believe. I don't remember fighting in such tight areas in 2016 or eternal itself. But here, almost every fight is in very small areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    this is something new I believe. I don't remember fighting in such tight areas in 2016 or eternal itself. But here, almost every fight is in very small areas.
    The swamps especially have some really cramped arenas at times. I have a very aggressive playstyle so it doesn't affect me much but people that prefer the Ballista and rocket launcher to the super shotty or chaingun might not be provided the space to use these weapons properly sometimes.

On the other hand, more demons bunched together means more effective AoE attacks like grenades.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright I picked up Doom Eternal again after a few months (and a new CPU, 5800X) but damn this game sure is awesome indeed. Few months back I said I couldn't get into the groove as I did with Doom 2016 but this one is actually a worthy successor.

I might even put it down again until the RX 6800 XT arrives and enjoy it at Ultra Nightmare visuals - but I have no idea how long that'll make me wait. Going for the DLC then too ofc. Lovely!

It was pretty spicy seeing the rigged game awards give almost everything to that piece of shit Barf of Us 2 and Doom Eternal losing best action to a hack and slash and best soundtrack to a really bad remake.

Normies and game urinalists are ruining gaming. Dipshits just want interactive movies now, forgot that games are supposed to be GAMES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a single person in this world who cares about game journalists?

Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    It was pretty spicy seeing the rigged game awards give almost everything to that piece of shit Barf of Us 2 and Doom Eternal losing best action to a hack and slash and best soundtrack to a really bad remake.

Normies and game urinalists are ruining gaming. Dipshits just want interactive movies now, forgot that games are supposed to be GAMES.
    translation; "People don't like what I like! HOW DARE THEY!!!"

And Doom Eternal deserved no rewards, it's just Doom 2016 with a grappling hook and pauses every new enemy to explain how to beat them. And ofcourse the worst final boss in Doom ever.

in my universe cyberpunk won every prize available
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    translation; "People don't like what I like! HOW DARE THEY!!!"

And Doom Eternal deserved no rewards, it's just Doom 2016 with a grappling hook and pauses every new enemy to explain how to beat them. And ofcourse the worst final boss in Doom ever.
    Why spout retardation that makes it obvious you haven’t played the game? Are you a game urinalist? Did you feel outed?

LoU2 is hated by the fans, FF7R is hated by fans of the original, and is only propped up by coomers who can’t stop whacking it to Tifa, Ghost of Tsushima is an above average Assassin’s Creed, and Hades is legit the only contender that made any sense. Even then, Hades is just a hack and slash that didn’t do anything new.

Doom Eternal is easily the best FPS ever made. There is no game that even comes close to how fluid the combat is, and makes 2016 look like a clunky mess, even though it’s not. But of course, there are idiots like you that can’t handle games that don’t play themselves for you, so the combat is a “puzzle” and there’s no “story”.
    Last edited by Dravec; 2020-12-28 at 07:26 PM.

game awards were always about who paid the biggest bribes or fit within the "right" criteria

why do you think "best strategy" conveniently got renamed to "best strategy/simulation" the year Microsoft Flight Sim released,and then MFS got the award

DOOM Eternal was never going to win,it's not mainstream enough,and tlou2 is award bait anyway

Why spout retardation that makes it obvious you haven’t played the game? Are you a game urinalist? Did you feel outed?

LoU2 is hated by the fans, FF7R is hated by fans of the original, and is only propped up by coomers who can’t stop whacking it to Tifa, Ghost of Tsushima is an above average Assassin’s Creed, and Hades is legit the only contender that made any sense. Even then, Hades is just a hack and slash that didn’t do anything new.

Doom Eternal is easily the best FPS ever made. There is no game that even comes close to how fluid the combat is, and makes 2016 look like a clunky mess, even though it’s not. But of course, there are idiots like you that can’t handle games that don’t play themselves for you, so the combat is a “puzzle” and there’s no “story”.

haha.. I completed it 4 times, so I actually know the game. The fact that I don't share your opinion must really really sting right?

haha.. I completed it 4 times, so I actually know the game. The fact that I don't share your opinion must really really sting right?
    that mean you genuinely consider MAP30 to be a better final boss then.

In which case, my condoleances, life can't be easy for someone like you

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    that mean you genuinely consider MAP30 to be a better final boss then.

In which case, my condoleances, life can't be easy for someone like you
    I enjoyed Icon of Sin in doom 2 more than the "infinite ammo/health" fest that Doom Eternal was. It would've really helped if it actually had a dangerous phase to it.

Played it 4 times but said it’s just 2016 with a grapple hook.

Then complains about “infinite ammo”. Says Icon of Sin isn’t dangerous.

You definitely haven’t played it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed Icon of Sin in doom 2 more than the "infinite ammo/health" fest that Doom Eternal was. It would've really helped if it actually had a dangerous phase to it.
    I'm pretty sure Icon of Sin is the number 1 spot to lose ultra nightmare runs.

Finally have a computer that can play this without looking like a potato, thank goodness for Steam Family Sharing so I can mooch off my brothers copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Finally have a computer that can play this without looking like a potato, thank goodness for Steam Family Sharing so I can mooch off my brothers copy.
    If you got a high end PC, you might want to push it straight to ultra-nightmare level of detail, I managed to play on ultra with about half of the components being outdated.