I would say this about exclusives. On a purely speculative level, I don't like them. The more people that play the best games the better, and frankly, the best games tend to be exclusives from Nintendo and Sony.

I realize that all Google would have to do is...decide to do it, and they could buy up many of my favorite franchises and go Stadia exclusive. Very few things would upset me more than this.

However, there is a big "but" coming.

Microsoft is trying to build a rental service but sell it not as a digital gamefly/blockbuster, but instead as a hyper value oriented cool new service that any gamer would be lax in not subscribing too. Not quite the netflix(imo), but rather the Amazon Prime of gaming.

There is a bigger problem with that, imo, than exclusives, because I feel that gaming in its current form is unsustainable if gamepass in its current form proves sustainable.

Here is what I mean. Gamepass CURRENTLY(but won't always) benefits from traditional AAA game development, where devs risk it all with a toss of the dice and win or lose small GDPs on every game. That environment, pushed to the extreme for product development, by exclusives, by pre-orders, and by day 1 sales, is rife for...well not innovation but investment. It's a gamble. There is no upper investment limit because the potential returns are immense.

Gamepass being too good to pass up has the potential to deincentive investment, and thus scope of the biggest games. The "system sellers." If it saves me money, who is now not getting the money I had been traditionally investing? Publishers and developers. Money is never really just saved, but rather diverted.

Right now, the old economy is still in play. Thus gamepass gets to have its cake and eat it too. However, if gamepass kepts its value, became ubiquitous, and at the same time, "system sellers" large exclusive games(which are either or loss leaders for console sales or tentpole titles) will not have the same investment incentive, when a smaller game would require less risk, have a guaranteed return, and a less than blockbuster upside potential(remember, if everyone plays it on gamepass, no one would buy it).

So right now, I'm hesitant to wish away what we already have here. I'm afraid that changing the landscape to improve value for gamers, could overall making gaming worse. I want to make sure any product I support widens the scope of game investment, not narrows it. I'm not sure which one gamepass does yet, and how it would play in a world without exclusives, so for now I am going to wait to form my opinion fully about exclusives until we know more about how this will all play out.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-12-28 at 11:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of what i do with my computer, we're on a wow fansite so its stupid to assume i dont have one. Im just so sick of the BUT PEEEEEEECEEEEEE THOOOOOOO crowd shitting up threads. The ps5 is a better investment than getting a 3k series card period.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-12-29 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I see you studied in economics. How could anyone disagree with this notion.

Not like by having exclusives we get more games and better quality games out of it. I wish I could join you in this dream land where developers are constantly spending multiples years developing/creating games and spending sometimes hundreds of millions out of the goodness of their own heart and not because they want to actually make money and pay their staff wages
    Trust me when I say this but it's both an ethical practice as well as financially beneficial. The fact is that AAA gaming is divided between PC and Playstation. Sorry Xbox guys, you're hardly a factor here. Why you think Microsoft "embraced" PC gaming? The reality is that, by not porting games to other platforms you lose out on money. A lot of money. Like pools of money. Exclusives are a hard choice to make, but one we're seeing losing ground. Games are getting more expensive these days to make, and PC gaming is bigger than ever. Even Xbox commands a near 1/3 of the American market, as dead as it is in other markets around the world. Do you really think Sony is porting their PS4 exclusives to PC to bring them over to Playstation? It's all about the money. Horizon Zero Dawn has extremely strong sales on PC, nearly as large as the Wicher 3, and the Witcher 3 has sold more on PC than on PS4 or Xbox One. Sorry Xbox guys, that green bar shows how dead that platform is.

As for better quality games, that's debatable. It certainly hasn't done Xbox any good with the purchase of Rare resulting in some terrible games. The Halo franchise has been going down hill after Halo 3. I hope this doesn't continue with ZeniMax, though John Carmack has expressed interests of coming back to ID. Nintendo certainly shows that exclusives have some really high quality games, but it's also resulted in their consoles having the worst piracy issues, including emulation. One can't deny that Sony doesn't have some really good exclusives but Demon Souls did spawn better games like the Dark Souls series. If it wasn't for Dark Souls, we may have never known about Demon Souls. Demon Souls being exclusive may have been the reason why only 1 million people bought the game back in 2009.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Regardless of what i do with my computer, we're on a wow fansite so its stupid to assume i dont have one. Im just so sick of the BUT PEEEEEEECEEEEEE THOOOOOOO crowd shitting up threads. The ps5 is a better investment than getting a 3k series card period.
    Ehhh, no. Nvidia's GTX 970 is what put PC gaming in the race, and Nvidia may yet do it again with the RTX 3k series. Assuming that the PS5 is equivalent to that of a RTX 2070 or 2060 Super, then the RTX 3060 would also be superior, especially Ray-Tracing. Considering how many games on the PS5 lack Ray-Tracing, this is where Nvidia may use it's strength to take market share away from Sony. You think it's a mistake that the RTX 3070 is equal or superior to that of a RTX 2080 Ti, for $500? That card was meant to be the next GTX 970, and priced exactly the same as consoles. Considering Nvidia's superiority in Ray-Tracing, they are giving gamers a very clear choice. Do you want 60fps Ray-Tracing with DLSS, or sometimes Ray-Tracing on PS5? If AMD's RX 6000 series is any indication of Ray-Tracing performance on the PS5 and XSX, then Nvidia has a huge leed over them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Ehhh, no. Nvidia's GTX 970 is what put PC gaming in the race, and Nvidia may yet do it again with the RTX 3k series. Assuming that the PS5 is equivalent to that of a RTX 2070 or 2060 Super, then the RTX 3060 would also be superior, especially Ray-Tracing. Considering how many games on the PS5 lack Ray-Tracing, this is where Nvidia may use it's strength to take market share away from Sony. You think it's a mistake that the RTX 3070 is equal or superior to that of a RTX 2080 Ti, for $500? That card was meant to be the next GTX 970, and priced exactly the same as consoles. Considering Nvidia's superiority in Ray-Tracing, they are giving gamers a very clear choice. Do you want 60fps Ray-Tracing with DLSS, or sometimes Ray-Tracing on PS5? If AMD's RX 6000 series is any indication of Ray-Tracing performance on the PS5 and XSX, then Nvidia has a huge leed over them.
    A couple frames in games in a component that will be overshadowed by the 4k cards soon, or a lot of frames in old games plus faster loading times PLUS brand new exclusives in an all in 1 box that will last around 6 years. Why do you think i got a ps5 over a 3k?

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple frames in games in a component that will be overshadowed by the 4k cards soon, or a lot of frames in old games plus faster loading times PLUS brand new exclusives in an all in 1 box that will last around 6 years.
    Technically the PS5 has long been overshadowed, so that shouldn't really matter here. Also, PC is still king in loading speed, not the PS5. In that video the XSX is even faster in loading than the PS5. Minor differences anyway. Also the exclusives so far are weak on the PS5. As for it lasting 6 years, that's debatable.
    Why do you think i got a ps5 over a 3k?
    The word I'm thinking of ends in boy. You figure out the former.

15+ Year Old Account
    Technically the PS5 has long been overshadowed, so that shouldn't really matter here. Also, PC is still king in loading speed, not the PS5. In that video the XSX is even faster in loading than the PS5. Minor differences anyway. Also the exclusives so far are weak on the PS5. As for it lasting 6 years, that's debatable.

Hit me up when pc can load bloodbourne but until then there's no reason for me to buy a 3k series card

In that video the XSX is even faster in loading than the PS5.
    XSX is faster at loading Xbox One games then PS5 was at loading PS4 games. You know, games that aren't even coded to run on the PS5s SSD. I'm going to let you in on a hint on why this happens, the XOX loads games faster then the PS4 Pro does and guess what versions of games are running on XSX and PS5?

Meanwhile in actual PS5 games Demon's Souls loads faster then anything on PC or XSX, fast travel in both spiderman games is instant and Ratchet and Clank has seamless transitions between different levels with no visible loading at all.

You never cease to amaze with terrible comparisons.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-12-29 at 02:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit me up when pc can load bloodbourne but until then there's no reason for me to buy a 3k series card
    Give it time. No official confirmation from Sony but then again the rumors were right about Horizon Zero Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    XSX is faster at loading Xbox One games then PS5 was at loading PS4 games. You know, games that aren't even coded to run on the PS5s SSD.
    If only there were games made specifically on the XSX, PS5, and on PC that we could compare. I work with what I got.
    I'm going to let you in on a hint on why this happens, the XOX loads games faster then the PS4 Pro does and guess what versions of games are running on XSX and PS5?
    Sorry, I don't speak in console optimizations for I'm grounded in reality. Let me know when the PS5's SSD is going to drive the future of PC. It's not like Sony has invested in Tim Sweeny's Epic business or anything. No conflict of interest there, nope.

Meanwhile in actual PS5 games Demon's Souls loads faster then anything on PC or XSX, fast travel in both spiderman games is instant and Ratchet and Clank has seamless transitions between different levels with no visible loading at all.

You never cease to amaze with terrible comparisons.
    You're comparing games that don't exist on PC and then claiming about terrible comparisons. How terribly peasant of you. Unless these games are on PC and XSX, then mentioning them is an act of desperation. Fact is the PS5's SSD is nothing special. In most cases, it's just slightly slower than the XSX. Find me a game that exists on all three platforms that actually uses the PS5's magic SSD and let me know, otherwise old PS4 and XB1 games will have to suffice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Give it time. No official confirmation from Sony but then again the rumors were right about Horizon Zero Dawn.

If only there were games made specifically on the XSX, PS5, and on PC that we could compare. I work with what I got.

Sorry, I don't speak in console optimizations for I'm grounded in reality. Let me know when the PS5's SSD is going to drive the future of PC. It's not like Sony has invested in Tim Sweeny's Epic business or anything. No conflict of interest there, nope.

You're comparing games that don't exist on PC and then claiming about terrible comparisons. How terribly peasant of you. Unless these games are on PC and XSX, then mentioning them is an act of desperation. Fact is the PS5's SSD is nothing special. In most cases, it's just slightly slower than the XSX. Find me a game that exists on all three platforms that actually uses the PS5's magic SSD and let me know, otherwise old PS4 and XB1 games will have to suffice.
    Bb was just an example. I can name dozens of games on ps4, and now ps5, not on pc. No amount of pointless ray tracing will make me want a 3k card till I get an exclusive pc game I care about. Ill probably get a 4070 ti card whenever that comes out because by then it might be worth it
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-12-29 at 03:24 AM.

Oops what happens when you compare a native XSX game to a native PS5 game? https://youtu.be/b1W8LGwPRhs?t=77

You don't get it, the point wasn't that you're comparing multiplatform games you where literally comparing last gen games running in backwards compatibility mode. The first party Sony games are just excessively taking advantage of the SSD in a way no 3rd party is and I wonder why... Oh yea because they are designed with PS5 only in mind. Go tell me how much an m.2 with the same specs as the PS5 SSD costs homie so remind me again why 3rd parties aren't coding games to take full advantage of the PS5 SSD again and we should look at PS5 exclusives to get a full picture?

Bonus points for you trying to celebrate on VG because its "rumored" BB will get a PC port an entire half decade since it's release. Most people enjoy playing games when they are relevant, not 5 years later once everything about the game has already been told to them and they don't get to experience it for themselves.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-12-29 at 03:29 AM.

Hey, why are you attacking us xbox guys in your posts? What did we ever do to you? ;-p

You seem to be lazily trying to call him a PS fanboy too, but just by reading through your last few posts you don't seem to be any different, being a PC fanboy...bit hypocritical. Seems odd you would post a video comparing a game that was obviously optimized to run on a PC too...hmmm.

Just let me and others play on whatever device we want, console or otherwise. Man, I'm old and can't sit at my computer desk playing games on my PC as my arthritis acts up using a mouse nor do I want to play on a monitor. I'd much rather sit in my recliner, beer next to me, with my XBOX controller in hand, playing on my tv....

Let's please not turn this into a console vs. console or vs pc debate please, folks. Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oops what happens when you compare a native XSX game to a native PS5 game? https://youtu.be/b1W8LGwPRhs?t=77

You don't get it, the point wasn't that you're comparing multiplatform games you where literally comparing last gen games running in backwards compatibility mode. The first party Sony games are just excessively taking advantage of the SSD in a way no 3rd party is and I wonder why... Oh yea because they are designed with PS5 only in mind. Go tell me how much an m.2 with the same specs as the PS5 SSD costs homie so remind me again why 3rd parties aren't coding games to take full advantage of the PS5 SSD again and we should look at PS5 exclusives to get a full picture?

Bonus points for you trying to celebrate on VG because its "rumored" BB will get a PC port an entire half decade since it's release. Most people enjoy playing games when they are relevant, not 5 years later once everything about the game has already been told to them and they don't get to experience it for themselves.
    Bb has been rumored since like 2016. They really need to just let it go
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-12-29 at 04:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bb was just an example. I can name dozens of games on ps4, and now ps5, not on pc.
    And you'd be right, except for dozens on PS5. I know some information that isn't readily available on the internet that may flip Sony's head upside down. I can't say due to this forum, but it isn't about the PS5, though I'm waiting to see if that gets jail broken. The PS4's Pandora's box may be open soon.

- - - Updated - - -

The video isn't very good, but the difference is about 2 seconds. Since the idiot who did the video benchmarks from the start up of the game, which on XSX has a lot of animations that the PS5 version skips.

Most people enjoy playing games when they are relevant, not 5 years later once everything about the game has already been told to them and they don't get to experience it for themselves.
    That sickens me because in your eyes it's about the FOMO, not the actual game. A good game is good no matter how old it is.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    You seem to be lazily trying to call him a PS fanboy too, but just by reading through your last few posts you don't seem to be any different, being a PC fanboy...bit hypocritical.
    But not incorrect.
    Seems odd you would post a video comparing a game that was obviously optimized to run on a PC too...hmmm.
    To be fair, there aren't many videos that compare all platforms. Seems to be a lack of benchmarking.

15+ Year Old Account
    And you'd be right, except for dozens on PS5. I know some information that isn't readily available on the internet that may flip Sony's head upside down. I can't say due to this forum, but it isn't about the PS5, though I'm waiting to see if that gets jail broken. The PS4's Pandora's box may be open soon.

- - - Updated - - -

The video isn't very good, but the difference is about 2 seconds. Since the idiot who did the video benchmarks from the start up of the game, which on XSX has a lot of animations that the PS5 version skips.

That sickens me because in your eyes it's about the FOMO, not the actual game. A good game is good no matter how old it is.

But not incorrect.

To be fair, there aren't many videos that compare all platforms. Seems to be a lack of benchmarking.
    Ps4 is obsolete unless you wanna play joes diner for whatever reason. They may as well just be ps5 games at this point.

I disagree with your opinion. There's plenty of PC exclusives you won't get to play on the PS5.

I don't get why you can't stop comparing PC to PS5.. why do you keep doing that ?

We all love PS5 ofc, it's too soon for some people. What confuses me is why are you trying to dissuade people from buying a good GPU for PC in a ps5 thread.

Didn't we agree(after much work) that it's wrong to tell people what to do with their money? Everyone has their own situation to take into consideration VideoGames..
    Last edited by tikcol; 2020-12-29 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I disagree with your opinion. There's plenty of PC exclusives you won't get to play on the PS5.

I don't get why you can't stop comparing PC to PS5.. why do you keep doing that ?

We all love PS5 ofc, it's too soon for some people. What confuses me is why are you trying to dissuade people from buying a good GPU for PC in a ps5 thread.

Didn't we agree(after much work) that it's wrong to tell people what to do with their money? Everyone has their own situation to take into consideration VideoGames..
    Well it is a PS5 thread. If you want Windows focused discussion then one would go to one. Personally thanks to MS I have access to a lot of previously console only games. While dated(AMD 480) my Windows system can run almost every game out there without issue including a number of exclusives. A PS5 at the moment brings notable benefits in games I play now from increased FPS and FoV along with exclusives. Personally I hope this years graphics cards will be accessible by late spring or early summer and I will upgrade. Though I am more likely spend the money on PS5 than a new graphics card due to what is available to play and the benefits provided.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2020-12-30 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Well it is a PS5 thread. If you want Windows focused discussion then one would go to one. Personally thanks to MS I have access to a lot of previously console only games. While dated(AMD 480) my Windows system can run almost every game out there without issue including a number of exclusives. A PS5 at the moment brings notable benefits in games I play now from increased FPS and FoV along with exclusives. Personally I hope this years graphics cards will be accessible by late spring or early summer and I will upgrade. Though I am more likely spend the money on PS5 than a new graphics card due to what is available to play and the benefits provided.
    Who exactly is making this a windows focused discussion? If you bring up pc any chance you get don't think i won't call you on your bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post

There's not a whole lot of PC exclusives you need a 3K series card to be able to run, on the other hand.

A whole ton of PC exclusives run on absolute potatoes of a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    There's not a whole lot of PC exclusives you need a 3K series card to be able to run, on the other hand.

A whole ton of PC exclusives run on absolute potatoes of a machine.
    Why do you keep bringing up PC to a ps5 thread?

It should be about time for people to accept things as they are and stop trying to justify their purchases every chance they get. If you're insecure about them that's another matter but this isn't the right place for it.

I don't care.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2020-12-30 at 10:44 AM.