Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aureli View Post
    Do you play the game? You want 10 m+ dungeons per week.
    Nah you don't want 10 dungeons a week.

First few weeks just one was completely fine and maybe you want to start considering doing 4 now, but the chances of you not getting a upgrade from the vault are pretty darn slim currently.

In a month or two when you are aiming for much more specific items/slots doing 10 might be a significant benefit, but by that time you can also just blast +15s out at least twice as fast as you can today.

Bored? What? Maybe you are playing to much M+?

I think 8 is a fine number in the beginning, but if we only have 8 dungeons at the end of the expansion i would be disappointed. I hope they bring back the Wotlk approach and make the next dungeons being involved around a new raid like they did with the ICC dungeons, and i actually thought they would do the same in Nazjatar and make a dungeon like Throne of Tides.

I personally think they should aim for atleast 1-2 dungeons per big patch. Im also a fan of big dungeons like they did with Kara and Mechagon, but i actually think it would be fun if they made it like a mega dungeon and you required 10 people to complete it, like a mix between dungeon/raid

I just found why that datadisc sucks. Having just 8 dungeons is terrible and m+ becomes repetitive so fast.
    legion had 13, BUT:
    2 required reputation with nightfallen + story q which was heavily gated
    1 was not M+
    3 were added later

so at this point in legion most people only had 7, those with rep might have 9 (not sure how much of q line you needed), not much of a difference to 8 we have now...
    even if we count 9 for legion, thinking that one dungeon would make big difference is foolish
    Last edited by Lolites; 2020-12-29 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    This is one of the most ridiculously wrong thing I've read in...a while.
    How is it ridiculous? He's right, they don't feel like "dungeons" in the slightest, they are more like theme park rides. Blizzard haven't made anything like BRD in many years ie an immersive experience where success doesn't feel inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    How is it ridiculous? He's right, they don't feel like "dungeons" in the slightest, they are more like theme park rides. Blizzard haven't made anything like BRD in many years ie an immersive experience where success doesn't feel inevitable.
    feelings are not facts. not even in 2020.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Here I thought 8 dungeons was being generous. If they can balance these 8, i will be happy,

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    There may be a couple more released as the expansion goes on, but honestly we're just over a month into this expansion - if you're already bored, then chances are you are never going to be happy with Blizzard's release schedule for World of Warcraft, as it's not really intended to cater to hardcore gamers who are already burnt out on the content in just shy of 5 weeks.
    Eh, with Mythic+ becoming a focus of the endgame scene, it would make more sense to have more dungeons. Hopefully, they do this with every raid content drop instead of just 1 additional for the entire expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need less, because SL dungeons are literally the worst I've ever done (I've done every dungeon when it was current content, with the exception of level 50-60 Classic dungeons, and the dungeon in the Argus portion of Legion). Somehow they managed to make dungeons worse than the BfA dungeons, I am shocked that it was possible for Blizzard to even accomplish this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    We need less, because SL dungeons are literally the worst I've ever done (I've done every dungeon when it was current content, with the exception of level 50-60 Classic dungeons, and the dungeon in the Argus portion of Legion). Somehow they managed to make dungeons worse than the BfA dungeons, I am shocked that it was possible for Blizzard to even accomplish this.
    I wonder what makes you think they are the worst. Cause right now I would say Legion is the only expansion with beter dungeons than SL. And yes I've done every dungeon when it was current since TBC came out.

I just found why that datadisc sucks. Having just 8 dungeons is terrible and m+ becomes repetitive so fast.
    I think that 8 is a good number. The new affixes alter gameplay alot on a week by week basis, and going from 9 to 10 changes each dungeon drastically. Id argue it would almost be to much if there were more dungeons.
    As a returning player, bfa season 4 was overwhelming for me. Too many dungeons to learn and the seasonal affix.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    I hope not! Remember the dungeons that got added in legion? I think it was 2 new ones. Those two (don't even remember the names) were the worst ones of the whole xpac.

We know blizzard: once they force-add new content into an xpac, it's quantity over quality. I'm already sure that any added dungeons will not be good. Why? Look at past xpacs!
    Two parts of Karazhan, the Cathedral, and the Seat of the Triumvirate. That's four dungeons for the purposes of keys. As for looking at past xpacs we have Magister's Terrace, the ICC trio, and the End Times trio.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Two parts of Karazhan, the Cathedral, and the Seat of the Triumvirate. That's four dungeons for the purposes of keys. As for looking at past xpacs we have Magister's Terrace, the ICC trio, and the End Times trio.
    And the 2 Zul dungeons for Cata and the Trial of the Champion for WotLK.

And while no one likes to admit it, Scenarios were sort of "dungeons lite" for MoP. We got quite a few of them, so I wouldn't say MoP got nothing, even if the scenarios were not traditional dungeons. But they certainly took the dungeon development team to build these.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Not every expansion. Both Mists of Pandaria as well as Warlords of Draenor did not get a single new dungeon. BC, Legion, and BfA both only got a single new dungeon each - though Return to Karazhan and Mechagon were seperated into 2 M+ instances each. Only Wrath and Cata got multiple dungeons - Wrath got 4 new dungeons over the course of it's lifetime, and Cata got 3 new dungeons at the end of it's lifetime, though the quality of Cata's new dungeons was quite lacking.
    Pre-Legion was a very different situation. We didn't have M+, so dungeons importance was so much smaller.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    And the 2 Zul dungeons for Cata and the Trial of the Champion for WotLK.

And while no one likes to admit it, Scenarios were sort of "dungeons lite" for MoP. We got quite a few of them, so I wouldn't say MoP got nothing, even if the scenarios were not traditional dungeons. But they certainly took the dungeon development team to build these.
    Yeah, I totally forgot about the Zul- remakes and ToC and scenarios. Scenarios even had heroic difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Pre-Legion was a very different situation. We didn't have M+, so dungeons importance was so much smaller.
    Well, Mists also has scenarios as I was reminded and challenge mode. WoD added mythic difficulty.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

No doubt.. been this way for years. I too already don't want to run a single dungeon again (even though I will).
    Don't worry in like 10-14 months we should get a new dungeon or two.

m+ becomes repetitive because you are doing the same dungeons over and over, only on a slightly higher difficulty
    it is bound to become boring
    this is why I try to do as few dungeons and raids as possible, so I don't burn out
    I only do them when I really have to do them (some reward, or a cockblock quest) or when I really feel like doing them

I mean what do you need to do mythic+ dungeons for? Gear? What do you need the gear for? So you can do higher mythic+ dungeons?

I mean come on, realize that the whole gear treadmill is nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dapperedodo View Post
    I wonder what makes you think they are the worst. Cause right now I would say Legion is the only expansion with beter dungeons than SL. And yes I've done every dungeon when it was current since TBC came out.
    Layout and aesthetics are part of it. They're too large and ugly; I prefer dungeons that you can clear in 10-20 minutes instead of gimmicky shit like the platform transfers in Spires of Ascension. The best dungeons are the ones I have to spend the least time in, I get very tired of 5man content very quickly. The shorter the instance the better, it means I can clear more of it before I start to suffer instance fatigue. SL dungeons? I can do 1-2 bloody dungeons before I'm fed up with them for the whole week.

M+ existing means that overgeared players aren't populating the Heroic dungeon queue, so Heroic dungeons just boring as shit because they're extremely easy and slow. I don't do M+ because I already hate the dungeons, I'm not going to waste my time queuing up to find a group and hoping it sticks together to clear content that isn't remotely fun for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Layout and aesthetics are part of it. They're too large and ugly; I prefer dungeons that you can clear in 10-20 minutes instead of gimmicky shit like the platform transfers in Spires of Ascension. The best dungeons are the ones I have to spend the least time in, I get very tired of 5man content very quickly. The shorter the instance the better, it means I can clear more of it before I start to suffer instance fatigue. SL dungeons? I can do 1-2 bloody dungeons before I'm fed up with them for the whole week.

M+ existing means that overgeared players aren't populating the Heroic dungeon queue, so Heroic dungeons just boring as shit because they're extremely easy and slow. I don't do M+ because I already hate the dungeons, I'm not going to waste my time queuing up to find a group and hoping it sticks together to clear content that isn't remotely fun for me.
    You dont need to do dungeons, did anyone ever tell you that? you sound like someone in a toxic relationship.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I feel like 8 is a perfectly reasonable starting count.