Page 96 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because he has a cool haircut

I think the game is likely to be balanced around the fact that Thanos can have multiple stones, so it may very well be the case that there's only one actual kill and this game was always going to be a slow burn at first that gradually ramps up in intensity.

Maybe the best route today is to lynch someone who hasn't been confirmed to have carried or lost a stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bageloaf View Post
    tbh, I'm leaning towards lynching bwon if only bc then we can hopefully keep scum/thanley from getting the stone from a kill
    I find this whole play suspicious, like you've gotten Bwon into a corner and are now selling the idea of lynching a townie to the rest of the town. It feels everyone is really focusing on the stones win condition, is still possible to lose this game the old fashioned way.

- - - Updated - - -

I am Hope van Dyne, the wasp.
    Uh a quick google says this character is a villain?

- - - Updated - - -

I am Hope van Dyne, the wasp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Dude if I were Thanos I would know (?) who most of the scum were lol
    Did we decide on this ever? That it's more likely Thanos was part of the scum team and not 3rd party? Also Im not sure what kinda defence this is, are you saying if you were Thanos you would out your team mates?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    In the first Antman film she was one of the heroes.

The marketing materials for the second film advertised her as a deuteragonist fighting alongside Antman but IDK what happened if the matter, IDK if she turned into a villain or not or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    In the first Antman film she was one of the heroes.

The marketing materials for the second film advertised her as a deuteragonist fighting alongside Antman but IDK what happened if the matter, IDK if she turned into a villain or not or whatever
    She is a villian in alternate universe of MC2.

However, one thing I do want to note. She was technically not in Infinity War, except for a post credits scene where she is being disintegrated by the snap.

Doesn't really mean anything, but every other character that has been revealed has been in the movie proper.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    okay but the fact that you tried would seem to suggest that you are most likely town unless we have multiple scum teams
    Could you expand this one for me, why exactly does him attempting to steal from you suggest he is town?

I find this whole play suspicious, like you've gotten Bwon into a corner and are now selling the idea of lynching a townie to the rest of the town. It feels everyone is really focusing on the stones win condition, is still possible to lose this game the old fashioned way.
    This does feel opportunistic. Just like swapping from Val to Graeham for no reason other than the lulz earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Doesn't really mean anything, but every other character that has been revealed has been in the movie proper.
    Yeah this character claim had me confused, because I've seen most of the films (but not Ant-man) and did not know who this character was at all. Every other character has been one of the "main" ones.

Aren't there enough major characters to fill roles without leaning on obscure ones?

Well, this was my prediction for the roster:

Heroes
    • Captain America/Steve Rogers
    • Ironman/Tony Stark
    • Hulk/Bruce Banner
    • Spiderman/Peter Parker
    • Hawkeye
    • Black Widow/Natasha
    • Nick Fury
    • Phill Coulson
    • Antman
    • Vision/JARVIS
    • Black Panther/Prince T'Challa

Hero or villain
    • Winter Soldier/Bucky Barnes
    • Loki

Villain
    • Thanos
    • Hydra (faction)

Thanos, Loki, and Winter Soldier were the prominent villains. There are also lesser villains like Red Skull and that one mad scientist guy who downloaded his brain into a computer. All of the other villains are forgettable and are probably mafia goon fodder.
    Since it looks like all of the scum are just Thanos and his lieutenants, and if we assume that there are 4 scum (so Thanos + 3 fodder lieutenants), then I think that every other character listed above should be able to fit into the game as a VT. So Loki and Bucky would probably be VTs.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you could replace Phil Coulson with Captain Marvel. She has more screentime in Infinity War than the wasp lady. But more people know Phil than Captain Marvel, so IDK.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you could also swap out Loki/Black Widow/Bucky Barnes out with Rocket Racoon.

3+ Year Old Account

Did we decide on this ever? That it's more likely Thanos was part of the scum team and not 3rd party? Also Im not sure what kinda defence this is, are you saying if you were Thanos you would out your team mates?
    Asumming Thanos is part of the Scum team, I guess? I don't know if anyone decided it for sure. Also, I think if Thanos IS separate from the other Scum he'd still be able to talk to them, hence me knowing who they are lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Asumming Thanos is part of the Scum team, I guess? I don't know if anyone decided it for sure. Also, I think if Thanos IS separate from the other Scum he'd still be able to talk to them, hence me knowing who they are lol
    Yeah but then is your defence because you'd know who they are, you'd act more suspicious of them?

If Bwonsamdi guarded then it takes two people stealing from her at once to take the stone.

Since it looks like all of the scum are just Thanos and his lieutenants, and if we assume that there are 4 scum (so Thanos + 3 fodder lieutenants), then I think that every other character listed above should be able to fit into the game as a VT. So Loki and Bucky would probably be VTs.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you could replace Phil Coulson with Captain Marvel. She has more screentime in Infinity War than the wasp lady. But more people know Phil than Captain Marvel, so IDK.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you could also swap out Loki/Black Widow/Bucky Barnes out with Rocket Racoon.
    didnt we already say Character claims were moot ccuz we think scum has safe claims?

- - - Updated - - -

so people are saying we should lynch bwon so that theres a chance the stone would go to town? I mean assuming thanny toes doesnt have the doc stone the that means they are unlikely to go for the wifom kill on steal. if he does have the stone he would go for kill? I dunno!

- - - Updated - - -

oh fucking hit the wrong button

- - - Updated - - -

anywho, so Im going to go ahead and assume if thnaos gets all the stones somehting bad happens? do we think scum is pushing for that or a more traditional win. if they are going for a traditonal win then killing bwon not very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fox View Post
    didnt we already say Character claims were moot ccuz we think scum has safe claims?

- - - Updated - - -

so people are saying we should lynch bwon so that theres a chance the stone would go to town? I mean assuming thanny toes doesnt have the doc stone the that means they are unlikely to go for the wifom kill on steal. if he does have the stone he would go for kill? I dunno!

- - - Updated - - -

oh fucking hit the wrong button

- - - Updated - - -

anywho, so Im going to go ahead and assume if thnaos gets all the stones somehting bad happens? do we think scum is pushing for that or a more traditional win. if they are going for a traditonal win then killing bwon not very good idea.
    If Thanos gets all the stones, the scum wins according to the sign-up thread. It seems like an alternate win-con.

I don't think lynching Bwom is the best play. We should really try to eliminate a scum.

- - - Updated - - -

According to Crackle there are 3 stones in Thanos' hands as of today. Bwom's will be the 4th, assuming Thanos does the kill and gets it.

According to Bagel, there are 3 scum left as of yesterday. If we lynch Bwom, it will realistically be a townie with another townie dying tonight making it 3 vs 8.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless we genuinely think Bwom is scum, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Unless we genuinely think Bwom is scum, lol.
    Is there anything to say she isn't? So far we have only confirmed a small hand full of people that are not Thanos. Outside of that we have very few indications of alignment.

Is there anything to say she isn't? So far we have only confirmed a small hand full of people that are not Thanos. Outside of that we have very few indications of alignment.
    Can I say for sure? No. But re-reading some of her posts and the tone lend me to believe that she is town. Her reads have clearly been by her own hand and not necessarily influenced by a team. She is a town-lean for me atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Her staying alive, if she is town like I am hoping, gives her the best chance. She has the stone which can re-direct an action and it could re-direct the kill. Or it could be catastrophic.

If she is scum, will scum kill their own for the stone? Or will they try to steal?

- - - Updated - - -

Or can scum give stones to Thanos in some way or does he have to steal from from scum?

The other ting is people seem to be divided about bwon which if they flip scum would I think give us a lot of information. I think the main thing we have been lacking ( and hard for me to catch my tooth on) is it seems like the have never really established umm groups? OR to say We have never had anyone realy defend anyone else and seen the result of it.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Just sumthin to point out hawk eye was only in end game you also didn't list any of the guardians

- - - Updated - - -

My bad I saw rocket at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    Just sumthin to point out hawk eye was only in end game you also didn't list any of the guardians

- - - Updated - - -

My bad I saw rocket at the end
    Yeah, this guessing around claims and such is a bad idea. Anyone from the Marvel Universe is really fair game.

We need to vote for the person we think is most likely to be scum, whoever that is. A scum needs to die for the town to stand a good chance.

7+ Year Old Account
    In the movies the wasp was a hero... but it is a rather obscure pick when there are more prominent ones left. Could this be a "safe" claim by scum?

- - - Updated - - -

As an aside, this game kinda sucks with everyone essentially being VT and the power coming from the stones.

If Bwom isnt killed for the stone, I would guess they are likely scum. Every Tom dick and harry should be attempting to steal from her tonight to keep it out of scum hands.