Poll: What class most needs a complete overhaul?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I would say rogue. But looking what they did to my beloved class and spec when they turned it into Outlaw I'm not sure I want blizz anywhere near the rogue class again. Still, getting back old Combat would be a welcome step up, having assa have more poison variety (even if niche) and make sub play more like a dagger thief on GW2 with real short term restealths everywhere.

In order:
    1) survival
    2) mistweaver
    3) havoc
    4) outlaw
    5) arms

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    There isnt even another dps spec to go for when havoc is bad.
    The problem is adding a ranged spec would kill havoc forever, and they’re not going to add another melee to the already bloated melee pool.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No class needs a full overhaul. This thread didn't get through a page without someone completely disagreeing with others. Shocker I know, but people enjoy different classes and specs?

I think there are certain things inside Classes that are not fun or interesting that could be changed. I've seen a big outcry on here regarding Rogues and Slice and Dice returning and a big hatred of BFA Warrior was that most of it's damage was Deep Wounds and not abilities themselves. However I think there has been positive changes as well, I really want to try Enhancement Shaman, Survival Hunter and Affliction Warlock at 60.

I think some damage being more weighed into certain abilites for some specs would help make the class feel better. I really love UH DK in terms of it's toolkit, cooldowns and abilities, but weighing more damage towards wounds would and reducing pet damage make it more satisfying to me. I love Ribchewer but when him and my Army are smashing I'm wondering what I'm doing there.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    In order:
    5) arms
    Arms is fun for the first time since Legion, leave it alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Arms Warrior
    It just doesn't get the feel of a big weapon wielding juggernaut across very well. Mortal Strike is an iconic class ability but it's currently a moderate damage debuff manager. Deep wounds while better than it's BFA iteration should not be Arms Mastery, I don't mind bleeds being part of the spec but I think Deep Wounds would serve better as a bonus bleed when an ability crits similar to the master marksman talent mm hunters have. Another frustrating aspect is that too much of our damage is tied up in Execute. I love executing a boss but it's starting to not feel great being worthless till the boss hits 35% health. Previous versions of spec came close to what it should be like, Taste for Blood in MoP and Focused Rage in Legion but those weren't without their own flaws. Arms should be about building up a big Mortal Strike in single target and big Cleaves in AoE.
    Arms feels good rn, has good damage in execute and ms.. yeah it doesn’t one shot but if you want that go play ret paladin with TV and tell me how much fun you have doing zero damage until TV.

Arms for the first time since Legion, is fun in PvP with lots of utility and good damage/pressure.

Demonology has been kinda trash since they removed Meta and turned it into a swarm spec. I really dislike specs with tons of pets and I feel like it doesn't fit the power hungry warlock either. Demonology should have a single hugely powerful pet and their own type of Meta, using demonic power to enhance themselves. I think it can coexist with Demon Hunter's version just fine. MoP and WoD demo were much more fun than what we have now, and the current Demo is horrible for PVP as well. No one wants to have their screen spammed with 1000 lil imps nameplates.

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Arms feels good rn, has good damage in execute and ms.. yeah it doesn’t one shot but if you want that go play ret paladin with TV and tell me how much fun you have doing zero damage until TV.

Arms for the first time since Legion, is fun in PvP with lots of utility and good damage/pressure.
    We're talking about PvE

All of them should be overhauled and get rid of the diablo-ish hack'n'slash resource gameplay.

Warrior, all 3 specs are at a low point. Of course performance will change/influence opinions with all 3 specs being lacking in PVE and Fury being a dead spec. Arms is doing really well in PVP at the moment but the basic gameplay loop is ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The design of Arms is shite though, you're confusing performance with design, the same spec could be useless in PVP with some number tweaks just like some number tweaks could make it good in PVE again. When it comes down to design it's hopeless, look at Whirlwind for example, its a spell that is almost never worth using unless you talent for it, you literally go through entire dungeons without pressing it and then with Fervor it becomes part of the single target rotation by bundling it in with Slam.

It's nonsensical, the whole reason Venthyr is popular in PVE is because the spec is so ass outside of execute and that's a bandaid.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2020-12-29 at 06:30 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I dont know about overhaul, but how about, combine druid resto and balance into one spec.
    And also all leather and mail wearers now just share leather, which would drop slightly more.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=2

Holy Paladin. The top parsing holy paladin for Heroic Denathrius didn't use holy light or flash of light a single time. All he did was crusader strike, holy shock, and used holy power on LoD/WoG and used judgment on cooldown. That's it. How is it okay that we don't need to use our infusion of light procs anymore? Blizzard needs to make infusion of light procs more worthwhile or reduce cast time on Holy light again. It's honestly terrible design to just never have to cast a spell.

Easily UH DK. I don't like the wound mechanic. It slows down the spec and makes it feel like I'm constantly setting up for damage, rather than doing damage. This is only further compounded in open-world content and pvp, where I find the spec cumbersome and un-intuitive. Add on Unholy being a Pet AND a dot spec just makes this worse. There are also too many cooldowns (Dark Transformation, Army of the Dead, Apocalypse, Unholy Frenzy, Gargoyle), so when they aren't up, I feel like I'm not really doing anything, which is made worse by the fact that I need to "set up" my wounds to feel like I'm doing anything in the first place. The large number of cooldowns only exacerbates the GCD as well. The flow of gameplay seems to be too much of setting up wounds, wanting to spend them, but being interrupted by higher priority cooldowns or dumping RP.

Not to mention the spec suffers from literally ever problem any spec can suffer from - low mobility, pet AI / management, GCD issues, ramp up, button bloat, boring talents, etc. On top of this, you have 3 resources to manage (runes / RP / wounds).

The abilities and feel of the spec just feels weak, even if I'm topping meters - there's too much damage spread out, so the spec feels like "death from 1000 cuts", which seems wrong for a Death Knight. I would remove army of the dead and spread that damage into more commonly used abilities like Scourge Strike / Death Coil.

Too much of the ghoul is passive as well - it would be nice to have some sort of kill command-esque ability for the ghoul, rather than just hit a button every 40-60 seconds. The ghoul is just window-dressing at this point and doesn't feel like I'm doing anything with it. Maybe give us a KC - like ability that serves as an execute? Sense Death or something like that which makes the Pet feel impactful in some way.

Also, Unholy has really weak animations / spell effects. The fantasy is great, the spec just lacks any sort of "coolness" factor. Give me bigger and better pets, and more of them. Give Death and Decay a new animation (Why is this using the same effect as Blood?). Clawing shadows should release some sort purple claw from your weapon. There's a lot of potential here, and I would look at the necromancer in D3 for inspiration, but right now the only cool looking ability is Apocalypse.

Some classes need the reverse hunter treatment and get one of their melee spec turned into range.

Warrior maybe (axe / spear thrower)
    Rogue (shurikens, mid range crossbow, etc)
    DK (necro )

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    The day they introduced the pirate theme was the day I stopped playing my rogue.
    You people need to get with the times. Outlaw is the most fun rogue spec by a mile

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    You people need to get with the times. Outlaw is the most fun rogue spec by a mile
    Yeah, Roll the Bones was really fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yeah, Roll the Bones was really fun...
    OL is a super fun spec right now, and RtB is one of the most interesting and fun abilities in the game. It makes the spec unique and it's fun playing around it. It's one of the few specs that has flavor and depth. Not that it's super hard or anything, but it's probably one of the more difficult specs to play these days, certainly the most big brain rogue spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back Gladiator Spec.

I love the concept of a Sword and Board DPS class. that was the highlight of WOD For me.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Bring back Gladiator Spec.

I love the concept of a Sword and Board DPS class. that was the highlight of WOD For me.
    Popping 20k shield slam crits, shield charging through mobs... /drool

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    None of them needs a 'complete' overhaul, and if anyone thinks that it means that they dislike the class, not that the class has problems. A complete overhaul basically means that the old class ceases to be, mechanically and flavor-wise, and that would be absolutely ridiculous.

I mean, in this very thread we have people clamoring for Survival Hunters, Warriors, etc. to be change just because they dislike the gameplay, ignoring all the players that play those classes or specs specifically because of the gameplay.

At most, only Monks need a little rework. All other classes are answers to a need of the playerbase - even monks.

DK's don't need an Overhaul just to be reverted back to Wrath, I want Blood DPS back...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I think Monk could use a complete overhaul. All 3 specs are weird to play. WW is a master martial artist...king of flow...with one of the most rigid rotations in the game. Feels weird.
    I disagree that WW needs an overhaul. It's a hard class to get into, but once it "clicks" you literally feel like a karate master.

There is no proper way to really just master WW either with its many button, you just have to play it and the timing comes naturally.

WW however does need an overhaul on its cooldowns and utility. Disable could be used elsewhere as part of a spell, SEF should be totally removed and replaced by something else IMO and its defensivnes definitely shouldn't be based around karma (it's funny how ret has a similar spell, however ret's also have a billion other cooldowns). Once a monk is stunned they're basically screwed. Fortified Brews doesn't help either, it's a weak cd.

As for MW, they should've just kept the legion version IMO. Brewmaster was great in WoD.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2020-12-29 at 07:44 PM.