Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You can take solace in the fact that the zombie will die in this expansion, which means that the evil psycho will finally be gone by 10.0 or even just 9.3.
    As much as i would love to see that the probability of her doing a Kerrigan 2.0 (but somehow even worse then that) is way too high.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    As much as i would love to see that the probability of her doing a Kerrigan 2.0 (but somehow even worse then that) is way too high.
    Doubt that, but even if that were the case, she'd still be gone by the end of Shadowlands. See? It's a win-win situation.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

People really don't understand Turalyon's character, do they?
    Wait until they remind you of how Turalyon once said that orcs are not part of the Light, so they don't belong on Azeroth. Even tho after these words, he spared an orc, who literally crushed the skull of his mentor and a father-figure. And in the next book, he also condemns Alleria for her desire to genocide the orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Wait until they remind you of how Turalyon once said that orcs are not part of the Light, so they don't belong on Azeroth. Even tho after these words, he spared an orc, who literally crushed the skull of his mentor and a father-figure. And in the next book, he also condemns Alleria for her desire to genocide the orcs.
    I mean, he's right LOL. They are literally aliens/space refugees.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

From sylvanas fanatic that sounds contrived as all hell. If anything she was the biggest "keep around because of fans" and had an effect of Old Yeller who was never shot and spread rabies to a whole state.
    Who said anything about Sylvanas? She's obviously got a huge fanbase and has been a prominent presence in recent expansions. If anything that proves my point that fan feedback can influence the narrative. When did I claim otherwise? Stop larping so hard and don't reply to me anymore, it's obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Who said anything about Sylvanas? She's obviously got a huge fanbase and has been a prominent presence in recent expansions. If anything that proves my point that fan feedback can influence the narrative. When did I claim otherwise? Stop larping so hard and don't reply to me anymore, it's obnoxious.
    "Dont reply to me anymore" or what? Its a forum, people can reply to anybody here, thats the whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    The wining army doesn't just replenish their forces. The Night Elves threw everything they had at Darkshore, there's not many fit for combat left. And Short time would probably be waiting for kids to grow up, since they dont have anymore soldiers left. They say they're drafting farmers now.(that's never a good sign)
    And the losing army doesn't either. Besides, nobody says anything about the Kaldorei being left without military forces.
    Like I said, we don't even see the leaders fighting, we only see Maiev on Dark Coast and Shandris. So there are still enough forces.

Humans make up the bulk of the Alliance forces, when they're down to farmers... it's over.
    Well, those farmers pass before Nathanos says they are losing on all fronts. So the farmers are beating the Horde.

They were, but that again doesn't mean that they have numbers left.

"Times change"
    Yes, but again this is just the forces Anduin was able to gather quickly and send to the other side of the world.

Sylvanas can kill Malfurion and Jaina with ease, there's 2 cinematics showing how she was secretly holding back her powers. And the Vindicaar? The writers didn't acknowledge it, nor did any character so why bring it up?
    We imagine you are right and she can beat 1. The other 3 kill her.

Also Oculeth > Vindicaar
    It's a joke right?

Uhh they made Bolvar into the Lich King because of fan reception. They absolutely change the narrative based on fans' reactions, see Bwonsamdi and Zappy as another recent example
    Tbf fans don't like Baine and are very tired of Jaina, but those two are still important in SL. Same with Calia actually.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    It's a joke right?
    No, it's a lack of understanding how much the Vindicaar changes the tactical landscape. And lack of questioning of whether he would even help.

So is it everyone’s position that Anduin will not be a pawn of the Jailer and simply return back to his throne or will he overcome his potential pawn status and leave the throne anyway to join the next battle post shadowlands and maybe return later or not at all?

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    So is it everyone’s position that Anduin will not be a pawn of the Jailer and simply return back to his throne or will he overcome his potential pawn status and leave the throne anyway to join the next battle post shadowlands and maybe return later or not at all?
    He will most likely be a pawn but then we kick him out of it in a last raid or last patch of expansion. Also i WISH he leave and go fuck himself somewhere but it is but a dream.

Uhh they made Bolvar into the Lich King because of fan reception. They absolutely change the narrative based on fans' reactions, see Bwonsamdi and Zappy as another recent example
    Sure they make minor changes, they don't scrap and recreate entire expansions based on fans, which is what that other poster was claiming. Blizz is a corporate entity, and expansions are massive projects. They state they have expansions planned out in advance, and based on a real world project perspective, that's true. They may make minor story changes, but we all know damn well gameplay comes first and lore services it like a cheap hooker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Sure they make minor changes, they don't scrap and recreate entire expansions based on fans, which is what that other poster was claiming. Blizz is a corporate entity, and expansions are massive projects. They state they have expansions planned out in advance, and based on a real world project perspective, that's true. They may make minor story changes, but we all know damn well gameplay comes first and lore services it like a cheap hooker.
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard already said they always plan multiple expansions simultaneously and years before their actual release.

Which is why it's utter BS when Sylvanas fanboys claim that Blizzard did a "bait and switch" with her and changed their plans midway. That's so nonsensical.

The seeds for Shadowlands were already planted in Legion, with the ominous bargain between Sylvanas and Helya. It's not Blizzard's fault at all if people chose to ignore them. It is obvious that they planned Legion-BfA-Shadowlands all in the same time period, probably shortly after MoP's ending.

But yeah, people who claim that "Blizzard changes storylines based on fans' reception" clearly have no idea of what they are talking about.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-12-29 at 09:30 PM.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard already said they always plan multiple expansions simultaneously and years before their actual release.

Which is why it's utter BS when Sylvanas fanboys claim that Blizzard did a "bait and switch" with her and changed their plans midway. That's so nonsensical.

The seeds for Shadowlands were already planted in Legion, with the ominous bargain between Sylvanas and Helya. It's not Blizzard's fault at all if people chose to ignore them. It is obvious that they planned Legion-BfA-Shadowlands all in the same time period, probably shortly after MoP's ending.

But yeah, people who claim that "Blizzard changes storylines based on fans' reception" clearly have no idea of what they are talking about.
    Although some of this may be true. They don't fully flesh out 3 expansions in advanced. And seeds were planted but they don't always pan out. So both things can be true. They could have planned shadowlands and slightly changed the direction of Slyvanas. Or maybe they didn't. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Although some of this may be true. They don't fully flesh out 3 expansions in advanced. And seeds were planted but they don't always pan out. So both things can be true. They could have planned shadowlands and slightly changed the direction of Slyvanas. Or maybe they didn't. They aren't mutually exclusive.
    Whatever "rough outline" for BfA and Shadowlands they had, I can assure you that the sentences "Sylvanas starts a world war" and "Sylvanas shatters the sky" were in it.

People just do not understand how writers work. Blizzard are probably planning patch 12.0 as we speak. Do you know how long it takes to make those pretty CGI cinematics? 6+ months, not including how long it must take to come up with the script, choreography, etc. They are always planning many years ahead of time.

Whatever "rough outline" for BfA and Shadowlands they had, I can assure you that the sentences "Sylvanas starts a world war" and "Sylvanas shatters the sky" were in it.

People just do not understand how writers work. Blizzard are probably planning patch 12.0 as we speak. Do you know how long it takes to make those pretty CGI cinematics? 6+ months, not including how long it must take to come up with the script, coreography, etc. They are always planning many years ahead of time.
    Oh I think she was going to do almost everything she did. I'm saying other elements like specific ones in Shadowlands may not have been concrete till later into BFA.

Circling back to Anduin, i feel like he was setup for a long time to become an unwitting pawn. I also think he may have a large role in the following expac.

Oh I think she was going to do almost everything she did. I'm saying other elements like specific ones in Shadowlands may not have been concrete till later into BFA.

Circling back to Anduin, i feel like he was setup for a long time to become an unwitting pawn. I also think he may have a large role in the following expac.
    Yes. It seems like a concept that Blizzard has wanted to explore for a while. In MoP, he was seen using dangerous shadow magic to mind-control a foolish dwarf, and his official artwork (used for Hearthstone too) shows him wielding both Light and Shadow.

What is likely to happen is that the Jailer recognizes this internal dichotomy within Anduin, and will try to push him towards becoming a Shadow Priest. As he barely has any training in the ways of the Void, he will succumb to the whispers and become a weapon against the Alliance. The Jailer seeks a weapon, and said weapon does not have to be loyal to him to do its job right.

But since he is Anduin, something will happen and he will not succumb to the whispers after all.

It would be genius writing if the Void elves helped Anduin resist the whispers. That way, Anduin would be rewarded for his decision to accept the Void elves into the Alliance, as he is the only one who saw the Void elves not as people to be feared, but as worthy allies.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-12-29 at 09:50 PM.

What if Bolvar returned to Stormwind? As Anduin's advisor after Shadowlands? From his dialogue, he still cares deeply for Taelia, and also loves Anduin as well. Or at least he regards him as his king.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Your sarcasm is about as dull as it gets.. No, Alliance wasnt trying to “kill the horde”. During BfA Anduin specifically mentions how both factions should survive this conflict and that he has no intentions on dismantling or destroying the horde and even expects them to be open to peace talks once its all over.
    Sorry if you dont like a little sarcasm thrown at you, but when you dont even know what's being talked about, you kinda deserve it.

When did Anduin wanted to the kill the Horde? He's literally our best friend in the Alliance.

I'm referring to Cataclysm and Stormheim.

So, yes, its called a disproportional response and works same as in the real world. USSR shot down NATO planes and opened fire on their troops in neutral zones but it never led to a nuclear war or World War 3 because again - you dont grab a gun when someone bumped into you on the road.
    Russia also didn't invade the USA or attempt to kill the USA's President at any point that i can remember. ApPlEsToOrAnGeS

Sorry if you dont like a little sarcasm thrown at you, but when you dont even know what's being talked about, you kinda deserve it.

When did Anduin wanted to the kill the Horde? He's literally our best friend in the Alliance.

I'm referring to Cataclysm and Stormheim.

Russia also didn't invade the USA or attempt to kill the USA's President at any point that i can remember. ApPlEsToOrAnGeS
    And Anduin is a King of Alliance if you forgot. Also if you want to play stupid then this is for you - Varin Wrynn a legitimate ruler of the Alliance was held in slavery sold there by the horde and used as a gladiator by a horde-run fighting ring. And even then - Genn was also a King if you forgot that fact, a ruler of a nation. Nation that no longer EXISTS, reduced to refugees and their land made uninhabitable for god knows how long by the horde. He would have dusted away in his manor or went full feral and chased rabbits around if horde didnt decided to smash his people and Kingdom to pieces over NOTHING. They didnt even tried "hard handed diplomacy" they just barged in with extermination attempt. For fucks sake, you have no right to blame or judge Genn for anything, his only dream was to watch paint on his Wall dry till he died and you couldnt even allow him that much.
    And "deserved it" gods, arent you a pretentious little something.