Summon Darkglare - that's it?

Is this our big CD? its barely doing anything with 5 dots up it does 10% of my DPS
    compare it to other classes big cds like Shadow Blades or pala's Wings or any other big CD really it's so underwhelming
    am I doing something wrong maybe? idk

It extends ALL our DoTs. That's the big thing, giving you more time to cast malefic rupture at full power.

It''s not impressive, but that's a good thing. Affliction should not have huge burst windows to begin with, the whole design of BfA was absolutly garbage, spec flavour wise. I admit, Malefic rupture is not optimal either, but far better than BfA's "Darkglare or nothing" gameplay.

the big thing is that it extends dots yes, especially short duration dots with high damage per tick like Soul Rot

besides remember that nothing is free in mmos, all has to be balanced therefore giving somewhere means taking from somewhere else, it's not so bad to not be reliant on cds to do real damage

7+ Year Old Account
    Darkglare is not the strongest ST CD but it's good for the way Affli work, it's also very strong in 3-5 target situation... Affli is already build as a class that can pool and burst, it as a strong 1 min damage profile if you play night fea.

Also Drakglare help a LOT with burst as it give you less tight window.

The only thing that's really bad in Affli toolkit is Shadow embrace imo.. Everything else is fun, synergies well with the toolkit and kinda unique playstyle.

Darkglare needed a change or a buff for this expansion. During BfA Deathbolt became a strong nuke with the Darkglare up. Now without Deathbolt the Darkglare is just weak.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    It extends ALL our DoTs. That's the big thing, giving you more time to cast malefic rupture at full power.

It''s not impressive, but that's a good thing. Affliction should not have huge burst windows to begin with, the whole design of BfA was absolutly garbage, spec flavour wise. I admit, Malefic rupture is not optimal either, but far better than BfA's "Darkglare or nothing" gameplay.

And that is why this spec plays exactly like shit. This whole mentality of the spec shouldn't be bursty or the spec shouldn't be doing that great is why it is so fucked right now. Not sure why shadow priest get to have shadow do good damage and their spec gets to be bursty but it is no where near allowed for warlock affliction spec.

Edit. If people come here and say Shadow Spec does not do that damage, I would say they are liars cause I have seen it with my own eyes. The mentality of this game is why it is going to shit. But that is my opinion...and from some others that I hear in game and read on the forums.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    And that is why this spec plays exactly like shit. This whole mentality of the spec shouldn't be bursty or the spec shouldn't be doing that great is why it is so fucked right now. Not sure why shadow priest get to have shadow do good damage and their spec gets to be bursty but it is no where near allowed for warlock affliction spec.

Edit. If people come here and say Shadow Spec does not do that damage, I would say they are liars cause I have seen it with my own eyes. The mentality of this game is why it is going to shit. But that is my opinion...and from some others that I hear in game and read on the forums.
    Well, affliction does enough damage though. Also if you want to do burst, then don't play a DoT spec, isn't that common sense? Play Demo or Destru. Or another class. Play priest if you like it that much.
    It's stupid to think that only classes with burst do damage.

And your own eyes don't count for much. Just look at the statistics for Castle Nathria and where Affliction is placed and where Shadow is.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-12-29 at 11:22 PM.

What's wrong with a big CD "only" doing 10% of Aff dps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post

aff is one of the best raiding dps specs in the game performance-wise though?

Quote Originally Posted by flatpancake View Post
    What's wrong with a big CD "only" doing 10% of Aff dps?
    Going to my Artificer Xy'mox Heroic logs, it only did 3%. That's a pretty crappy cooldown. I know it extends our burst window, but not by much, maybe buffing 1-2 raptures in the 8 seconds depending on how many shards you gen in 8-10 seconds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Is this our big CD? its barely doing anything with 5 dots up it does 10% of my DPS
    compare it to other classes big cds like Shadow Blades or pala's Wings or any other big CD really it's so underwhelming
    am I doing something wrong maybe? idk
    most of its bonus is not its own damage, but the fact it increases the duration of all current dots, allowing you to extend dots that normally have a cooldown, and also give you time to spam specific abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Fourlocos View Post
    Going to my Artificer Xy'mox Heroic logs, it only did 3%. That's a pretty crappy cooldown. I know it extends our burst window, but not by much, maybe buffing 1-2 raptures in the 8 seconds depending on how many shards you gen in 8-10 seconds.
    thats not how you calculate how much damage the spell does.

you need to account for the 8 secs of damage it gains, what it allows you to do because of that extension and then subtract it from what you'd do otherwise (this is not the exact calculation) after you do that you can see the percentage of what the spell actually does.

That said, its not 10% and its not 3% its prob around 5-7%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    aff is one of the best raiding dps specs in the game performance-wise though?
    does this mean darkglare is perfect, or close to it?

- - - Updated - - -

The spell was integral when we had deathbolt. they took it away and now its lackluster. All people are asking for is a tweak to make it feel powerful again. Nobody is asking for the shit to make Affliction OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    thats not how you calculate how much damage the spell does.

you need to account for the 8 secs of damage it gains, what it allows you to do because of that extension and then subtract it from what you'd do otherwise (this is not the exact calculation) after you do that you can see the percentage of what the spell actually does.

That said, its not 10% and its not 3% its prob around 5-7%.

- - - Updated - - -

does this mean darkglare is perfect, or close to it?

- - - Updated - - -

The spell was integral when we had deathbolt. they took it away and now its lackluster. All people are asking for is a tweak to make it feel powerful again. Nobody is asking for the shit to make Affliction OP.
    actually what they should do with darkglare is remove it