Thread: Torghast

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Torghast

After a while Torghast gets pretty dull, given that we aren't getting M+ drops or what not, wouldn't it be just better to just make it off the rails and just make us super OP even more than now? just so we can crush it and enjoy the oppness? idk, what you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    After a while Torghast gets pretty dull, given that we aren't getting M+ drops or what not, wouldn't it be just better to just make it off the rails and just make us super OP even more than now? just so we can crush it and enjoy the oppness? idk, what you guys think?
    What ilvl are you? At 197 I am super OP and finish the layer 8 in 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    What ilvl are you? At 197 I am super OP and finish the layer 8 in 20 minutes.
    198, i finish quick, i just don't think it's fun.

I find torghast to be like Visions of N'zoth - Boring, and repetative, but if you have a group of friends, it becomes alot of fun in ways you can complete it quickly and abuse the systems. Like we went with 2 fire mages and were laughing ourselves to tears as they kept the boss at the ceiling the whole entire fight rotating fireblasts.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Nah as is its pretty fun. Maybe your class needs more balancing or you arent choosing the fun powers but at 196 i walk in, choose the fun ones, walk out. easy peasy. The mechanics can be annoying sometimes but otherwise if you are bored, dont mess with it chances are at 197 you only need to do it once or twice more at absolute most if you fell behind by 2 weeks.

Torghast would be fine if it wasn't so unrewarding. Having to spend 2h weekly there to farm the ash and nothing else is not fun. I hear theres the twisting corridors that will reward cosmetic stuff but the only thing I hear is the maw mount so it doesn't seem like much incentive anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSwiss View Post
    Nah as is its pretty fun. Maybe your class needs more balancing or you arent choosing the fun powers but at 196 i walk in, choose the fun ones, walk out. easy peasy. The mechanics can be annoying sometimes but otherwise if you are bored, dont mess with it chances are at 197 you only need to do it once or twice more at absolute most if you fell behind by 2 weeks.
    Yea it's not a class issue. I've done it with multiple classes. I don't struggle with it at all, and i get good anima powers. After a while it gets boring. I'm just saying why balance it just go off the rails or keep as is and give better incentives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    I find torghast to be like Visions of N'zoth - Boring, and repetative, but if you have a group of friends, it becomes alot of fun in ways you can complete it quickly and abuse the systems. Like we went with 2 fire mages and were laughing ourselves to tears as they kept the boss at the ceiling the whole entire fight rotating fireblasts.
    pretty much this.

Yeah or just remove the rewards so you don't feel forced to do that boring crap.

ye any rewards that boost power of ur char are horrible
    tbh torghast is kinda ok, but the vision of - that u need like 5 full weeks to upgrade 1 legendary to full, imagine if u need more than 1 for specific content, spec, pve/pve its just multiplies.. on top of that add an alt and u are fked - just horrifies me

its soo good that u can just buy it at lvl 190 for the effect, compared to bfa u would have to spent 2 months there xd but its still kinda long to upgrade it if u want more than 1 legendary

Yeah it’s boring now. Ive done it every week on my warrior and DH. Very few of the anima powers have synergy and every run feels the same. There’s no different builds to try like I hoped there would be. Fortunately I do think there are several small-ish fixes Blizzard could add to make the place engaging again. It’s not far off.

1. There aren't enough anima powers to make runs unique.
    2. Most of the powers aren't spec specific, so that further compounds #1.
    3. Most of the powers are incredibly "safe" and don't really change how you play or make you super overpowered. I feel like they're pretty unimaginative honestly.

I expect a couple hundred new ones in the first major patch.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    1. There aren't enough anima powers to make runs unique.
    2. Most of the powers aren't spec specific, so that further compounds #1.
    3. Most of the powers are incredibly "safe" and don't really change how you play or make you super overpowered. I feel like they're pretty unimaginative honestly.

I expect a couple hundred new ones in the first major patch.
    Yeah thats pretty much my thoughs, next reset i will attempt L8 without anima powers, did test run on L1 and it was a breeze.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

20 minutes? not posible. So you make each floor in just 3 minutes, sure you do xDDDDD

Fuck no. I'd say fill it up with cosmetics and a weekly gear system and keep it the same.

If it just becomes a faceroll thing then it'll be three times as boring as it is now. Fundamentally, it's fun and designed well. It just needs to reward you, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Selennah View Post
    20 minutes? not posible. So you make each floor in just 3 minutes, sure you do xDDDDD
    3 minutes each floor? You know that floor 3 is JUST A VENDOR (< 30 seconds) and floor 6 ist JUST A BOSS (< 2 minutes)? Leaving 17 min and 30 for 4 floors. This is easily doable if you get certain anima combinations early on with specific specs - it's not default tho.

They literally nerfed layer 8 by 15ish ilvl.
    With 195ish ilvl you could always finish a run even with bad anima powers.
    Now it's possible with 180ish ilvl.

^this is only true for certain specs, not for all, obviously. Neither it's said if it's easy or hard to clear with bad anima powers.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-12-29 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Easily doable for who? In what gear? I really would love to see videos of people completely pwning and facerolling all this as they claim they do.

And even then it proves nothing...because..congratz..you are the god of gaming. And there are 999.999 and more people who just cannot do it.
    Well, one more time for you - I know you have a hard time understanding basics.. but I'm in a good mood: " if you get certain anima combinations early on with specific specs"
    Want to know someof these specific specs? Mistwalker Monk, Disc Priest, Demonoly Warlock, Boomkin, BM Hunter, Retri.
    If people with those specs fail, it's a "them" problem. I have seen multiple dozen boomkins that played absolutely wrong (maining one right know, so I know it first hand), not even knowing the very basics of the playstyle. OBVIOUSLY those people can't beat Torghast as easy as people with more knowledge. That's common sense, man.

In addition, why do you ask for ilvl? I already gave those informations - in addition, others already that their ilvl when they did it "easily" (which doesn't mean they facerolled it - it just means that they had nothing very hard to deal with, could even meaning dying once - in their opinion this wasn't hard, doesnt mean it's easy for everyone)

One word, multiple meanings, you know, bud?
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-12-29 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sure..it is all about that anima combination and knowing your class / specc. I believe that when I see a video of a guy in ilv 130 does it. When I see somebody in ilv 200 fail..yeah...I give it to you..it is a "them" problem.
    No one said that this is possible with ilvl 130. I doubt something like that, actually. Maybe the .1% chance of getting every perfect anima roll on the first floor, but what are the odds for this, tho?
    If someone is 180+, he should be able to deal with L8 with just some good anima powers, but even then it depends on multiple other factors.

Edit: I didn't test this, but someone said that there is an ilvl scaling active?
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-12-29 at 11:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthSwiss View Post
    Nope. It isn't fun at all...and you will be absolutely bored to tears yourself long before the next expansion comes.

For most people, easy doesn't equal fun. In fact, easy equals tedium.

If you think boring and repetitive is fun, you should be playing mobile games.

Quote Originally Posted by Selennah View Post
    Of course it's possible, L3 was cleared in 5 mins a month ago

Which means now given that Layer 8 is nerfed to about as easy as a Layer 6 used to be, and also given people are much much better geared than they were 4 weeks ago I'm pretty sure plenty of people can clear it in 20mins. Maybe a full clear taking it slow and exploring everything and all mobs killed is like 40-50 mins, but there is no need to do that.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Of course it's possible, L3 was cleared in 5 mins a month ago

Which means now given that Layer 8 is nerfed to about as easy as a Layer 6 used to be, and also given people are much much better geared than they were 4 weeks ago I'm pretty sure plenty of people can clear it in 20mins. Maybe a full clear taking it slow and exploring everything and all mobs killed is like 40-50 mins, but there is no need to do that.
    So specific to certain classes then? Like druids telling everyone, they should be in and out of the maw in 20 mins yet they can stealth and have mounted speed in the whole zone?