Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    it was also the most refunded blizzard game to date.
    This might be true at the time but it lacks any context at all. Was it 1000 refunds? 10000? 3 million like some reports for that new CP2077? Refunds happen but without an actual number to go with the claim it is meaningless and doesn't actually contribute to the conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    PoE is trash so maybe you're right.
    I agree...

Got a source on that chief?

If they remastered D2:LOD there would be room.

D3 was one of the highest selling games of all the time, the issue was how they handled it. People love hack and slash games, but D3 was nothing like D2, rifts destroyed the game in my opinion. Legendaries that used to be rare and rewarding now drop off every mob. You have to sit there grinding keys just to then grind rifts. It's too much, they should of just based D3 off of D2

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I don't think there is room PoE-like games (hack and slash). Chaosbane wasn't that succesful and D3 was also fail. Can't see how D4 is going to success.
    I'm guessing you're in your late teens early 20's
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I don't think there is room PoE-like games (hack and slash). Chaosbane wasn't that succesful and D3 was also fail. Can't see how D4 is going to success.
    How was D3 a fail exactly?

Sorry, just saw it was a really old comment^^ Nevermind me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

When did you last try PoE? It isn't nearly as clunky as it used to be.
    Ehr, with the garden thing.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    It'll certainly never live up to any person who has ever played D2's ridiculous standards, of course.
    I really don't get all of you who are still obsessed with D2. It was amazing for it's time, and I played it for an ungodly amount of hours, but it has aged like hot garbage. And the skill tree system was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Dunno. I love the genre, but poe never appealed to me. Systems are too complicated, you know. You always have to collect garbage, like six linked colors, or whites with five or more linked sockets. Replacing a well-rolled item is such a huge pain in the ass because most of the time you lost your skill setup because of sockets. You have to download and setup a loot filter because otherways you are lost in useless drops and fail to recognise useable things. Etc, etc. PoE's creativity in new seasons features is awesome, but other than that, the game is terrible, and it fails the main motto of hack-and-slash - quick in, quick out, action filled gameplay with loot hunting. Instead you get "read a fuckton of manuals; fail to levelup without some huge internet guide to follow; keep a giant list of gatherables in your head; break your mind trying to cope with basic game mechanics" game.
    Compare that to diablo 2, and you'll understand why this kind of games isn't called "poe-like".

Also: Grim Dawn is awesome. Wolcen is great. Warhammer 40000: Inquisitor - Martyr is super freaking cool! Not to mention diablo 3, the quickest of them all.
    Lots of people buy action rpg, lots of people play it and have fun playing. Its just that some games are shit
    Can you tell more about martyr? Im on the fence on buying it, since it is on great steam sale. Just feels clunky, but i base this after gameplays.

Come on, I love PoE, but it's still a piece of garbage technically. Half the servers are a lagfest (based on large sample sizes), leagues more often then not come out absolutely broken. They are slowly making improvements, but at the same time breaking other stuff. The 3-month league system has to go in order for the game to become polished, but it's too profitable so we won't ever see it.

15+ Year Old Account
    PoE and D3, I get bored of both half way through the season.

In PoE all your goals consist of you mindlessly grinding one thing, then you grind the next thing, then the next, then the next, all so you can trade with players, but there's a catch: the trading sucks and isn't fun or enjoyable for either party. Then if you go to the non-trade league, take all your goals and add 10x the amount of grinding, since in SSF it's all just slightly deterministic grinding until whatever shitty version of the thing you wanted drops.

In Diablo you don't have deterministic grinding, it's more like just randomly grind endless Rift floors until whatever you need drops, repeat this every single day until the next season begins.

Certain people rank PoE slightly higher though because it has SLIGHTLY more planning IF you play Hardcore, otherwise the planning is superficial, it doesn't make or break anything. Cool, you can craft your own loot, too bad you're endlessly grinding for all that currency to craft it, there are no jackpots in non-trade league and barely any in trade.
    Last edited by msdos; 2021-01-02 at 11:07 PM.

D3 I at least have fun at the start of a season for a few weeks. In a dozen or so hours of PoE I didn't have fun once. Nothing about the game was fun, not the skill trees, not the combat, not the gear/trade system, nothing was fun.

I have mild hopes for D4, will say that I don't have high hopes or expect it to be my main game at any point, but I'm expecting a few weeks of fun at release, and if done right every few months to get a good month of fun out of it, which is what I want actually, as now a days I float between new games every month or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

I've played both games a lot. To sum it short: when I wanted not complicated game where I can get (mentioned in one of the posts above) jackpot! type feeling, I go for Diablo 3. When I want something more complicated, that requires a lot more time and dedication, then I play Path of Exile.

Both games are great hack and slashers. They are just focusing on different things and are made for different audiences.

Im on the opposite, I have fun for around 1,5 month in every new PoE league while I cant even stand D3 anymore for more like 30 minutes. It feels so boring to play at this point. I even would prefer the old version before RoS release than current state.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Can you tell more about martyr? Im on the fence on buying it, since it is on great steam sale. Just feels clunky, but i base this after gameplays.
    Martyr is decent. If the gameplay videos you watched were before the 2.0 update they have significantly smoothed out some clunkiness. Of the three ARPGs I'm currently playing it is in my rotation with D3 and GD.

The combat is weapon/class based. Each class has class specific abilities then your weapons gives you the rest. Each class can use multiple types. Similar to D3 all loot dropped will be for your class but not always for you spec since each class has 3 specializations.

Campaign is so-so. It may be more interesting to WH40K fans. Mission structure is simple. Objectives are clearly laid out on the map. Tons of ways to build your character. I have a fire based grenade/flamenthrowing Crusader that deals wide explosive damage and tons of fire dots.

It gets very repetitive and the very good tier drops are far and few but I was surprised how much I liked it after the update. Still not as smooth or fun as D3 but there is more depth with builds and gear.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    I really don't get all of you who are still obsessed with D2. It was amazing for it's time, and I played it for an ungodly amount of hours, but it has aged like hot garbage. And the skill tree system was terrible.
    the skill tree which u call terrible is still better than anything D3 has to offer so ... the only thing D2 didn't age well is graphic literally anything else is miles ahead of the hot garbage D3 brings to the table

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    D3 I at least have fun at the start of a season for a few weeks. In a dozen or so hours of PoE I didn't have fun once. Nothing about the game was fun, not the skill trees, not the combat, not the gear/trade system, nothing was fun.

I have mild hopes for D4, will say that I don't have high hopes or expect it to be my main game at any point, but I'm expecting a few weeks of fun at release, and if done right every few months to get a good month of fun out of it, which is what I want actually, as now a days I float between new games every month or so.
    u hvae fun in d3 because it seems you are just a bloody casual and needs his dopamine shot since D3 spits out legendarys left and right every 13 sec while u actually have to play PoE to get something worthwhile

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    the skill tree which u call terrible is still better than anything D3 has to offer so ... the only thing D2 didn't age well is graphic literally anything else is miles ahead of the hot garbage D3 brings to the table

- - - Updated - - -

u hvae fun in d3 because it seems you are just a bloody casual and needs his dopamine shot since D3 spits out legendarys left and right every 13 sec while u actually have to play PoE to get something worthwhile
    Lol a PoE baby, figure, the harsh reality is D3 combat fluidity makes the game far far superior to PoE , i never fully understood why PoE babys always come to D3 forums

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Or it is the Rick and Morty of the genre, where people pretend you need a PHd to understand it, but really is it just a mediocre game. D3 just lets me get into the combat, much like D2, you didn't need to spend hours figuring out builds and gear, you could just go have fun and do well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

7+ Year Old Account
    source on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I used to shit so much on PoE, and praised D3 instead, you have no idea. That was because last time I tried it, before getting my attention, was in 2013.
    Well, in Metamorph, I gave it another shot. I won't try to go into details, but D3 now is hot garbage for me.

Customization is through the roof, combat fluidity is close to D3, itemization is great, even tho it's a fucking RNG machine (it will get better with Harvest crafting going core next league, in a slightly different way). And what I love the most is trading. Nothing beats, at least for me, that feeling when an expensive item drops and you sell it for lots of currency.

And btw, at the current state of D4 development, it will get roflstomped by PoE2.