Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Not an original topic, I know. But I didn't see it here yet.
    are you kidding?? that dead horse has been beaten, resurected , killed again and beaten some more over here.. let it go bro, you are like 2 years late

- - - Updated - - -

it's about burning crusade .... now it's really confusing.. in the OP you talk about lvl60, BG at phase two, world buff, obviously you talked about "vanilla" classic, not BC.... so what the hell do you want to talk about?
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2020-12-29 at 01:39 PM.

Not an original topic, I know. But I didn't see it here yet. I think fresh classic should have some changes. Just to fix the major problems in Classic as it played out the last year and also to keep it fresh.

These changes are needed:

1. No world buffs - so people actually play their characters and it even makes raids more challenging
    2. Lower XP in dungeons with 60s - to stop boosting
    3. Separate group and solo queues in battlegrounds - so casual players can do bgs for fun without being gy camped
    4. Release bgs with phase 2
    5. Ban bots - the bots ruined classic eventually with lots of gold buying as a result, Blizzard needs to wake up and deal with it
    6. Increased herbs and veins for larger realms

Changes I would like but are unlikely:

1. Looking for group (just on your realm) - not a dungeon finder, but a tool that lets you form the group without spamming trade/lfg, you still have to move to the dungeon and so on, it's just to get 5 people in 1 party. I don't see any downside to that, it could increase dungeon activity.
    2. A new 20 man raid to go with Naxx. ZG and AQ20 were very popular, the Naxx patch really lacks a PUG raid.
    That's not how this game works. You either make changes to all the servers or to none of them. A lot of it is even tied to the client and you can't have multiple game clients for the same game just like you can't have different server versions for the same game.

That's why the client has to be patched every time a new content patch comes out. Everyone in the whole world needs to run the same client in order to access the servers that also have to all be running the same version.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    That makes no sense. Why would they reset back to day 1? Are they going to do this reset every 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    1.Completly agree with removal of world buffs,or atleast have them not work in raids and dungeons,even the devs have realised this was a thing that got out of control an dthey never even intended it to work the way it did,they just wanted it to be a little reward you got for doing stuff not to be the 24/7 meta
    2.Idk about this,lvling is super tedious,taking away the only fast lvling method feels bad,and its a way for 60's to make gold doing something different
    3.Sure,as long as it doesnt end up having a negative effect on pariticipation in either one
    4.Why not phase 1?
    5.Uhm...bots get banned,and there is a merit to doing it later in waves than instantly
    6.Yep agree,the realm capacity is much higher now so the herbs end up being to few and to exepsnive as they are pretty needed in some raids,and some people corner the market and artificialy make it more expensive by not selling much

retail lfg tool to find people yep,good one,doesnt hurt anyone just makes group finding easier and reduces spam,they tried this early on but didnt catch on anyways

dunno about the 20 man,that would be a bit to extreme change with actual development needed

- - - Updated - - -

not reset them,but add new fresh ones,its tottaly something i see them doing,like diablo seasons basicaly

- - - Updated - - -

diablo would literaly be dead if not for seasons,there are MILIONS of players coming back every season,i think you are really underestimating the potential for this,if they made fresh servers with changes it would 100% bring in many people who enjoy some qol changes
    I don't mind the idea of fresh servers. I do not like the idea of the changes that would increase the barriers for players as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    I don't mind the idea of fresh servers. I do not like the idea of the changes that would increase the barriers for players as a whole.
    how do they increase the barrier?all those changes lower them

not reset them,but add new fresh ones,its tottaly something i see them doing,like diablo seasons basicaly

- - - Updated - - -

diablo would literaly be dead if not for seasons,there are MILIONS of players coming back every season,i think you are really underestimating the potential for this,if they made fresh servers with changes it would 100% bring in many people who enjoy some qol changes
    I seriously doubt it since again, that splits the playerbase even further. Especially when they all but confirmed that they will have burning crusade servers. From looking at the surveys they've done it seems that they'll likely have both burning crusade and vanilla servers. It would be dumb as fuck to then have some kind of vanilla classic+ server along one with minimal changes. Sure, that would make more people happy but if they keep making different versions of the game the playerbase will shrink for all of them eventually rendering them dead. While some of those server types would be more ideal for players, most would still play on just a classic server or just a BC server.

There's a huge fucking difference in diablo seasons that take literally an hour to level a character and a few more hours to get near the best gear and something like classic. It's a very small portion of the playerbase that's going to want to fucking relevel every few months or even year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    fresh server with balanced specs and buffed raids and nerfed warriors
    Dumb as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post

it's about burning crusade .... now it's really confusing.. in the OP you talk about lvl60, BG at phase two, world buff, obviously you talked about "vanilla" classic, not BC.... so what the hell do you want to talk about?
    I don't think you read the whole survey

how do they increase the barrier?all those changes lower them
    1. No world buffs - so people actually play their characters and it even makes raids more challenging

Making raids harder increases the barrier, making it less likely that new players will want to join in. Now, if they reduced the difficulty of raids to compensate for the loss of world buffs, I would be behind this as a convenience feature.

People don't mind leveling, the first time. Boosting is something people do as a convenience, because leveling is torture. Again, boosting eliminates a barrier to entry, which is the time investment required to level. If Blizzard incorporated level boosts for classic, this could replace the current boosting meta. Otherwise, yet another barrier to entry which will discourage new players.

3. Separate group and solo queues in battlegrounds - so casual players can do bgs for fun without being gy camped

Better to just eliminate the ability to group in battlegrounds. With some faction imbalances, this will be impossibly difficulty to field, say, AV.

I can get behind this.

5. Ban bots - the bots ruined classic eventually with lots of gold buying as a result, Blizzard needs to wake up and deal with it

Blizzard already does ban bots(so they say). I have to assume they're being honest because they're the only ones that know for sure whether they are or not. You can be skeptical, but that's just your opinion and not really based on any facts.

Better idea would be to make the spawn rate dynamic based on the rate of picking, but the general idea of making herbs more plentiful, sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know that fire mage is a lot more fun when you get the extra crit from World buffs... right?

Why would you remove fun?

Never understood why they didn't implement dungeon tool for classic and no I'm not talking about including instance teleport. I remember spamming in chat LFG or LFM for hours and trade chat overflowing with group spam. It wouldn't be have change the game anything except not making trade chat like twitch chat. Since I doubt everyone is on LFG channel.

Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post

Making raids harder increases the barrier, making it less likely that new players will want to join in. Now, if they reduced the difficulty of raids to compensate for the loss of world buffs, I would be behind this as a convenience feature.

People don't mind leveling, the first time. Boosting is something people do as a convenience, because leveling is torture. Again, boosting eliminates a barrier to entry, which is the time investment required to level. If Blizzard incorporated level boosts for classic, this could replace the current boosting meta. Otherwise, yet another barrier to entry which will discourage new players.

Better to just eliminate the ability to group in battlegrounds. With some faction imbalances, this will be impossibly difficulty to field, say, AV.

I can get behind this.

Blizzard already does ban bots(so they say). I have to assume they're being honest because they're the only ones that know for sure whether they are or not. You can be skeptical, but that's just your opinion and not really based on any facts.

Better idea would be to make the spawn rate dynamic based on the rate of picking, but the general idea of making herbs more plentiful, sure.

Well, new players can't use boosting from mages right? Since they have no gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    You know that fire mage is a lot more fun when you get the extra crit from World buffs... right?

Why would you remove fun?
    Yeah I get that point, same for fury warriors. But it's a trade off. Maybe not remove them but just put an NPC like someone said before where you can get them. As long as you aren't forced to raidlog.

I don't see how you could do it. I think everyone except the most hardcore #Nochanges people have gone through the mental exercise to say "I'd change this and this, but not that or that." But, in the end, we won't all agree on what to change and what not to change.

I see the 6 bullets above and only wish for 2 and would add another bullet. Not even worth saying which ones though, as it's just a reflection of personal preference, not a realistic expectation.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah I get that point, same for fury warriors. But it's a trade off. Maybe not remove them but just put an NPC like someone said before where you can get them. As long as you aren't forced to raidlog.
    "Trade off" ? I would definitely not turn Classic WoW on if they removed them tho, I had so much having going out questing after i had them when lvling the hunter alt as well.

More power = Fun. Just don't remove fun.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the question, isn't it. Obviously once we get to Round 2 the nostalgia factor is pretty well milked, and Blizz has pretty much already established that changes are fine so long as they don't violate the spirit and intention of the original devs.

I think there should probably be some light QoL fixes. Namely I do think seperate BG queues for raid-queueing VS solo/party-queueing. To keep the super sweaty premades away from PuGs or just a few friends doing BGs together.

Probably some more fixes to busting up specifically the multibox/botting issues.

But three things they shouldn't touch are: Boosting (was a thing back then too, too many unintended consequences), World Buffs (again, thing back then too), and Class Balance (duh).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I wouldn't mind seeing blizz get rid of world buffs, either that or reduce their duration to something like 10 or 15 minutes. Makes the game a lot less interesting and the encounters were clearly not designed with the expectation that people would be getting them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I totally agree on world buff removal. All the others are not really relevant. For me classic was a disappointment because it's way too easy and it takes way to much time. Everything is sooo painfully slow, I don't have time for that today.

Not an original topic, I know. But I didn't see it here yet. I think fresh classic should have some changes. Just to fix the major problems in Classic as it played out the last year and also to keep it fresh.

I approve of all these changes. If they released a fresh Classic like this, I would be there. Sadly they probably won't. If they release fresh servers it'll probably be the same old flaws.

10+ Year Old Account

Changes I would like but are unlikely:

1. Looking for group (just on your realm) - not a dungeon finder, but a tool that lets you form the group without spamming trade/lfg, you still have to move to the dungeon and so on, it's just to get 5 people in 1 party. I don't see any downside to that, it could increase dungeon activity.
    2. A new 20 man raid to go with Naxx. ZG and AQ20 were very popular, the Naxx patch really lacks a PUG raid.
    1. No? If u want challange dont take and go in greens or smth ><
    2. Lower xp? You want to cut our veins even deeper?
    3. Sounds good but it will enrage queue time.
    4. ? to late ?
    5. Would be nice.
    6. No matter imo. Servers have their own economy.

One more thing could be good. LFG system like it is on retail random dungeon or like LFG works for m+/raids. Try to find grp for a dungeon while lvling. Actually undoable.