Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has to be I will always love you by Whitney Houston.

I know it is a great song for it's artistry, but on an emotional level I just can't fucking stand it. To me love is and always will be a very intimate subject between two people and I don't find feeling heartbroken something to scream my lungs out about.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    It has to be I will always love you by Whitney Houston.

I know it is a great song for it's artistry, but on an emotional level I just can't fucking stand it. To me love is and always will be a very intimate subject between two people and I don't find feeling heartbroken something to scream my lungs out about.
    Listen to Dolly's original version then, since it was based on an actual (non-romantic) breakup. It was her attempt to tell her former performing partner that she loved him but it was time for her to spread her wings and move on. Whitneys version is, for want of a better word, bigger and somewhat over-the-top.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevardcire View Post
    I’m going to go with lynard skynyrd “freebird”. Never could understand the appeal of it. It just always seemed like a very boring song
    it's the jam at the end of the song, like with stairway to heaven by led zeppelin and november rain by guns n roses. you listen for 5 minutes for 45 seconds to 1 minute of musical bliss.

stairway to heaven is my answer to the OT

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Rooster by Alice in Chains.
    that song is either about staley or cantrell's father who was in Vietnam. the story goes that the man would be the first one awake every morning and the last to bed. that added a lot of weight to the song when i found that info out.

here they come to snuff the rooster. you know he ain't gonna die
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

PSY - Gangnam Style

Jerusalema by Master KG ft Nomcebo is my choice. This is an amazing song

Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Overused =/= overrated

Most of Taylor Swift's stuff is mediocre and formulaic even for pop.
    Fun fact... most of her songs are her singing the same note over and over again!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd vote for John Lennon - Imagine, hate that song and the hypocrite singing it.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

I don't really listen to Western pop music.

As far as anime songs go, A Cruel Angel's Thesis (aka the Evangelion OP) is overhyped. It's a good song, but it's not best thing ever. I attribute it's popularity due to the fact the NGE was one of the few anime to come over to the West in the 90s, at a time when anime was mostly underground in the West. The show left a very noticeable impact upon Japanese pop culture ("deconstruction", traumatic character backstories, and bizzare cosmic horror story plots became popular, obviously inspiring FFVII and Xenogears). You have to remember that animation is viewed as "for kids" in the West, so the small anime fandom used NGE to seek validation. The anime fandom was very insular during the 90s and 2000s, very much an echochamber, so NGE was constantly hailed as the end-all be all. Now that anime has become mainstream since 2012 with the rise of Crunchyroll steaming and the hit shows Fate/Zero, Sword Art Online, and Attack on Titan, NGE isn't really brought up anymore. Unless you're on r/Anime, which by it's nature of being a subreddit with an upvote system, means that it's an echochamber and NGE is still overhyped there as the end-all-be-all.

"Hey Jude". Ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "Hey Jude". Ugh.
    Anything by Paul McCartney annoys the ever loving crap out of me, the least talented Beatle for sure. With Harrison being the most talented

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Probably bohemian rhapsody. Not because it's a bad song, I like it. But the way people behave around the song is over the top adoration that I never understand.
    As a huge Queen fan I have to agree, there are a lot of deep cuts that did Bo Rhap before BoRhap was a thing. Brighton Rock, Great King Rat, the Prophet Song, hell even non deep cuts like Seven Seas of Rhye. Still love Bo Rhap though, but I do agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    This is America
    Anything by Billie Ellish.
    See I don;t hate Billie Ellish, I just hate the medias over fixation with her. There were people doing what she was before she came along yet media found her and act like she is this only thing. Then again that's music media these days. Once again I don't hate Billie Ellish, she's fine.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-12-31 at 04:56 PM.

I'll stick to rock and metal for my choices, as pop / country genres simply have far too many to count.

Van Halen - Jump. Easily the worst song on 1984, and probably worse than most of the Van Hagar tracks. Not sure why this one gets any attention, other than being cheesy as fuck.

Pantera - Walk. One of the weakest songs they've ever written, and again, the worst track on the album it comes from. Not sure why this is the first thing that people think of when they think of this band.

Metallica - Enter Sandman. Garbage track from a not-very-good album. Never understood the popularity of this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    There were people doing what she was before she came along yet media found her and act like she is this only thing. Then again that's music media these days.
    That's always been music media. Indie isn't nearly as indie as people think.

Probably queen - bohemian rhapsody.
    It's a good song but how people react and act about it is obnoxious as hell.

Lmao, necro thread and saw I posted the same thing on page one. My opinion hasn't changed it seems. God, bohemian fans are atrocious...
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-12-31 at 05:35 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Everything that's Taylor swift.

WAP by Cardi B. :P Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas".

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Rooster by Alice in Chains. For the life of me, I cannot fathom why anyone would like this song.
    I've never understood the love "Rooster" gets, I think it's one of the worst songs on the album. I don't absolutely hate it (though I am thoroughly sick of it from being overplayed so much), but nearly any other track off of Dirt is superior.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Metallica - Enter Sandman. Garbage track from a not-very-good album. Never understood the popularity of this one.
    "Nothing Else Matters" would've been my pick off the black album.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Wonderwall and pretty much 90% of the Oasis catalogue.

3+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfODYOp41ww

The Cheeky Girls - Cheeky Song