View Poll Results: Is Shadowlands too dark?

Voters
106. This poll is closed
  • Yes

23 21.70%
  • No

83 78.30%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Necrolord is basicaly Scourge 2.0. They put new souls into a meat blender arena and then stitch together the victims into abominations. There was only a single house out of 5 that is okay and even they had a sizeable betrayal that caused them to lose their home base.

Venthyr torture and drain souls for eternity. There's even a quest where they just release them into the wild with the risk of being attacked by the wildlife and permanently deleted. Then once they are "scared enough", you bring them back for education.

Kyrian wipe the memories and force conversion of the souls that arrive there or else you are labeled a "dissident" and are permanently deleted. "Either become a mindless slave or die".

Night Fae would normally be fine if it wasn't for the anima drought that forces them to have to make sacrifices.

Besides Night Fae they are all extremely grey.
    Even Night Fae are grey. How they decide who continues the cycle and who gets erased?

I think they "greyness" of the factions is clearly intentional, to show us that the ones that judged Zovaal aren't exactly campions of virtue, and make us doubt about the order in the Shadowlands. Everything about that place is suspicious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trudamagex View Post
    Pvp hasnt be that fun since MoP.
    You mean getting one shotted by ret paladins while they're immune to everything? I guess MoP had stuff like that too.

I also hated MoP like you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Even Night Fae are grey. How they decide who continues the cycle and who gets erased?

I think they "greyness" of the factions is clearly intentional, to show us that the ones that judged Zovaal aren't exactly campions of virtue, and make us doubt about the order in the Shadowlands. Everything about that place is suspicious to me.
    but why do they talk funny and behave hysterical ? it's very anti climatic..

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    When you wipe 10 times in a row and you manage to wipe the 11th then I believe it's time to drink that flask yes.

LFR has always been hard but lately it's becoming even rougher. I don't know what blizzard is up to.
    If you're wiping 10 times in LFR, the 1% more DPS you'll get from flasking isn't even almost the problem.

You mean getting one shotted by ret paladins while they're immune to everything? I guess MoP had stuff like that too.

I also hated MoP like you
    Every expansions come with their bullshits at the beginiing of the first season. Well that s not perfect, but we ve seen waaaaaay worse (early MoP and early tlk for example, two expansions prised for their pvp , dont get met wrong, I loved MoP and tlk)

The pvp hasnt been that fun since mop for three reasons :

Fast paced meta
    Pvp vendor (+ vault, honor gear upgrade , conquest gear upgrade, etc)
    NO SCALLING

Bonus : classes gameplay feel good to me, not perfect but in pvp at least this is waaaay better than wod legion and bfa (even if legion wasnt that bad compared to these two)

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    If you're wiping 10 times in LFR, the 1% more DPS you'll get from flasking isn't even almost the problem.
    You should always use flask. It's good manners

You should always use flask. It's good manners
    Confirmed troll thread then.

I don't think it's really that dark. I think it is a tad bit of a serious topic tho. Hopefully some more fun next expansion. *fingers crossed* I think everyone wouldn't mind or could use that tbh.

I feel like the Bob Salami dungeon was really forced in there. I feel like having other entities than troll also bargain with him just cheapened his whole role as a Troll Loa.
    He’s not a “troll” Loa. He’s a Loa, specifically a Loa of death. Loa is simply the term Trolls gave them.
    Also, I quite enjoy your very rudimentary view on the Shadowland entities we come across. Very well done showing a very basic knowledge of the lore that you complain about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also unacceptable that nothing dies anymore. Next time an important lore character dies you won't even bat an eye.
    Idiotic. We're literally going to the afterlife and you say they aren't dead?

Hell, it's worse than everyone dies right now, everyone dies and goes to hell currently.

Is Shadowlands too dark? These sort of things lead to dumbing down of mature themes altogether like Diablo 3 for instance and people hated it. Themes can be dark but not outright evil, there should in most cases not just be characters being black or white in their tendencies. You may not agree with their motives or what they stand for but they are fighting for a common cause. Makes characters more believable. Blizzard doesn't always execute it well enough like in BFA but I would rather have these darker themes rather than good vs evil.

As for other opinions:
    Torghast is fun but I can see it getting boring and repetitive over few weeks if nothing new is added. For now, I am enjoying it since it provides a new dynamic of gameplay with my character on power roids. Just hope blizzard implements on the idea more and adds new interesting powers over time. Maybe on the next patches, add new zones and enemies potentially within Torghast?

LFR hard?
    I can not agree to this unless you just want to press buttons and win without following a single mechanic. People go in to LFR with this mentality and its abhorrent for others who try to follow the fight strategies. Maybe your mentality towards LFR needs to change and some additional effort needs to be put in or else dont raid as it might not be for you. I would rather Blizzard not keep dumbing down the game to the Lowest Common Denominator as much as it sounds harsh.

PvP?
    I am not big into pvp as I used to be but from what I have seen, most who are serious about it are enjoying it vastly more than previous expansions. It may not be a clear indication but I see big youtuber/streamer pvpers come back to the game and legit enjoy the game after years. More comps are viable as many of them have the potential to make big plays. Sure there needs to be some balancing but thats always the case. Would much rather have this than the dampening BS we had in BFA. Pvp was at one of its lowest in BFA.

Lore?
    Havent been a fan of the lore in general since Wotlk and I havent seen the whole of it in this expansion so its better not to comment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Idiotic. We're literally going to the afterlife and you say they aren't dead?

Hell, it's worse than everyone dies right now, everyone dies and goes to hell currently.
    Dead that moves and talks isn't dead.

Afterlife? What is that supposed to be? It's either life or it isn't. If it's after life and we aren't dead then we shouldn't be there.

You make no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    snip
    The flasks are so cheap why wouldn't someone use everything at their disposal to be a little stronger?

Why are you against using flasks in raids?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I don't think it's really that dark. I think it is a tad bit of a serious topic tho. Hopefully some more fun next expansion. *fingers crossed* I think everyone wouldn't mind or could use that tbh.
    It's not evil dark, it's cringy dark.

It's a ridiculous theme for wow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo View Post
    Is Shadowlands too dark? These sort of things lead to dumbing down of mature themes altogether like Diablo 3 for instance and people hated it. Themes can be dark but not outright evil, there should in most cases not just be characters being black or white in their tendencies. You may not agree with their motives or what they stand for but they are fighting for a common cause. Makes characters more believable. Blizzard doesn't always execute it well enough like in BFA but I would rather have these darker themes rather than good vs evil.

As for other opinions:
    Torghast is fun but I can see it getting boring and repetitive over few weeks if nothing new is added. For now, I am enjoying it since it provides a new dynamic of gameplay with my character on power roids. Just hope blizzard implements on the idea more and adds new interesting powers over time. Maybe on the next patches, add new zones and enemies potentially within Torghast?

LFR hard?
    I can not agree to this unless you just want to press buttons and win without following a single mechanic. People go in to LFR with this mentality and its abhorrent for others who try to follow the fight strategies. Maybe your mentality towards LFR needs to change and some additional effort needs to be put in or else dont raid as it might not be for you. I would rather Blizzard not keep dumbing down the game to the Lowest Common Denominator as much as it sounds harsh.

PvP?
    I am not big into pvp as I used to be but from what I have seen, most who are serious about it are enjoying it vastly more than previous expansions. It may not be a clear indication but I see big youtuber/streamer pvpers come back to the game and legit enjoy the game after years. More comps are viable as many of them have the potential to make big plays. Sure there needs to be some balancing but thats always the case. Would much rather have this than the dampening BS we had in BFA. Pvp was at one of its lowest in BFA.

Lore?
    Havent been a fan of the lore in general since Wotlk and I havent seen the whole of it in this expansion so its better not to comment on it.
    Yes, dumbing down matures themes. Coming from BFA to shadowlands. That's exactly what happened.

When you wipe 10 times in a row and you manage to wipe the 11th then I believe it's time to drink that flask yes.
    No, that is the time to leave because flask isnt going to help those ten-thumbed cripples.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    No, that is the time to leave because flask isnt going to help those ten-thumbed cripples.
    That's very rude.

Better make people flask and do it then leave. Leaving is wrong and lazy.

WotLK wasn't dark? You could play as Death Knights and you worked with the Ebon Blade to "fight fire with fire". Idk. Seems pretty edgy to me.
    Aw man, remember Legion?

Or just this last expansion, got plenty of juicy edge from the loyalist playthrough in particular.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-12-30 at 03:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

That's very rude.
    I thought you support "saying it how it is", considering your post history.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I thought you support "saying it how it is", considering your post history.
    Exactly how it is.

You made a sneaky insult implying LFR raiders aren't actually raider and might actually be disabled somehow..

Very disrespectful

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Can't answer until the end. There's definitely a veneer of "wrongness" about the Shadowlands, and I'm hoping that's not just questionable writing and is actually meant to lead into some kind of reveal.
    This is my "hope" too. The afterlife just sucks, really. If you were to die in WoW, your best bet is Night Fae, where you get put in a seed at least. The rest is just awful. So maybe they'll tie it all back to the whole machine of death is broken - and not the obvious broken (i.e. all souls going into the maw), but the real broken - mortal souls are F'd once they die unless they're just super lucky somehow.

Also, Bwomsamdi is now forever Bob Salami in my mind.

Well deal with it, because the next expansion will possibly be the darkest WoW expansion ever, as it will be about the Void.

The Void, a force of endless hunger, that has devoured countless lifeforms, and was defied only by Locus-Walker, Alleria, and the Ren'dorei. Even the mighty Sargeras was driven insane by the horror that is the Void. Only a select few creatures were able to defy it successfully.

The Void is truly the most horrifying force in the cosmos, far more insidious than this worthless baldie and his zombie friend. Which means that if you found 9.0 grim and dark, then 10.0 will be even more terrifying. Prepare yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    This is my "hope" too. The afterlife just sucks, really. If you were to die in WoW, your best bet is Night Fae, where you get put in a seed at least. The rest is just awful. So maybe they'll tie it all back to the whole machine of death is broken - and not the obvious broken (i.e. all souls going into the maw), but the real broken - mortal souls are F'd once they die unless they're just super lucky somehow.

Also, Bwomsamdi is now forever Bob Salami in my mind.
    Exactly. Why can't things stay dead?

Introduce us new characters.. weave new stories. Build upon.

Stop bringing back the dead to make them dead x2

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you implying that LFR raiders are not really raiders? That's pretty rude.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you know nothing dies anymore. Holy characters are now fit inside rock clothes(looking at you uther ofc)

Even the fairies can't be fairies but some kind of next gen cave dwelling fairies.

All the quests.. They don’t even make any sense.

This expansion is like a low budget spin off. It's like the writers didn't have access to the previois lore and are operating on snipets they found on a fan fiction website
    no im implying that getting a bunch of random people who dont know each other to listen to one asshole (you) who is trying to make them flask for content that they could be asleep for is impossible... and that theyre not raiders.