Thread: WeakAura Scam

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    This tbh. I mean it was 24k so it's not like it's a huge amount but it's still really shxtty, as that could have been a looooot more.

That person will get banned and he'll get his gold back anyway.
    24k is not much for you?
    I probably would not got that amount of money if you count all my Classic gold together i've ever got, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    This tbh. I mean it was 24k so it's not like it's a huge amount but it's still really shxtty, as that could have been a looooot more.

That person will get banned and he'll get his gold back anyway.
    This was on classic, not retail. 24k Gold in classic is like 2-3 mil in retail.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    If someone is too lazy or too stupid to pay attention,they deserve everything they're getting.
    Yikes dude. Do you think scammers deserve all of the gold they collect? Would you say it was earned?

Honestly pretty hilarious. Trying to use an addon to play the game for him and that's exactly what happened.

Insane WeakAura is even allowed to exist tbh, nothing has ever dumbed the game down so much.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Yikes dude. Do you think scammers deserve all of the gold they collect? Would you say it was earned?
    The difference between the scammer and the scammed is intelligence. The scammers are usually the smarter ones. They put more thought into it. Well deserved I'd say. Look at Grinding Gear Games and Path of Exile - they allow trading, but they don't intervene if you get scammed. You have to hover over the items you are taking in trade, and then accept the trade. If you stil get scammed, that's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Most people aren't going to know what that means, they'll just click OK or whatever, like agreeing to every TOS without reading. Let's not pretend it's their own fault.
    it 100% is their own fault buddy

Eh no send confirmation? Seems to be sent to a character on his own account. Or can weakaura code get around that?

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    The difference between the scammer and the scammed is intelligence. The scammers are usually the smarter ones. They put more thought into it. Well deserved I'd say. Look at Grinding Gear Games and Path of Exile - they allow trading, but they don't intervene if you get scammed. You have to hover over the items you are taking in trade, and then accept the trade. If you stil get scammed, that's on you.
    The trade system in PoE is the single most annoying and cumbersome thing about the game.

I'd rather kill myself than buy a single day's worth of deli orbs, scarabs, sextants and scours.

Might be set up to promote the streamer.

But yeah why is this even allowed. I remember when people thought certain macros were cheating... but weakauras is like botting almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    You obviously have zero clue about how security works. You do not leave a vulnerability in like that. Period."
    That's not true at all. Car accidents happen every day, yet we are still allowed to drive. Everyone may purchase Knives, matches, fireworks, etc always under the assumption, that the user is careful enough not to hurt themself (or others). Not every system needs to be foolproof. If it works for 99% of the users, the 1% too stupid/careless/inconsiderate/lenient to use a otherwise perfectly fine system must not result a change, that affects the 99% in a negative way. If the so called "vulnerability" is one of the core features of the addon, then it must not be patched out.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    The trade system in PoE is the single most annoying and cumbersome thing about the game.

I'd rather kill myself than buy a single day's worth of deli orbs, scarabs, sextants and scours.
    Yeah, the lack of auction house kind of automation is horrible, wholeheartedly agreed on that, it especially gets worse the longer the league gets, usually at the end people not even responding to trade offers. Can't blame GGG when people get scammed though - they were asked to verify the trade twice before finishing, so it was entirely on them if they got scammed.

Yeah, the lack of auction house kind of automation is horrible, wholeheartedly agreed on that, it especially gets worse the longer the league gets, usually at the end people not even responding to trade offers. Can't blame GGG when people get scammed though - they were asked to verify the trade twice before finishing, so it was entirely on them if they got scammed.
    A proper auction house system, (With buy orders!) would also solve the scamming problem.

And you can say it's not GGG's problem when someone gets scammed, but it's also not the customer's problem if they stop buying supporter packs because they don't want to deal with a broken system that incentivizes scamming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Insane WeakAura is even allowed to exist tbh, nothing has ever dumbed the game down so much.
    DBM and Bigwigs are the addons that dumb down the game the most imo.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
    Motherboard: X570 AORUS PRO
    Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite LCD XT 360mm AIO
    RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 @ 3600 MHZ
    SSD: WD BLACK SN850X 1TB PCI-E 4.0 M.2
    GPU: Powercolor Hellhound Radeon RX 7900 XTX

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    WeakAura used to scam mail-steal all your gold .. NOT MY VIDEO .. Can any confirm if Blizz is aware?

https://clips.twitch.tv/BadBumblingNarwhalKeepo
    This has been a thing since forever. Blizzard knows and it's 100% your own fault.
    Only use your own code or make sure you understand what the weakauras you copy are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AntenoraDK View Post
    DBM and Bigwigs are the addons that dumb down the game the most imo.
    Mhm? Try doing a full mythic clear without them, cool guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Eh no send confirmation? Seems to be sent to a character on his own account. Or can weakaura code get around that?
    Does Classic have send confirmation?

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    it 100% is their own fault buddy
    Great argument buddy I am now convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Does Classic have send confirmation?
    It 100% does. So this is either an older video, on a private server, or he's sending it to his own account. The prompt is there because of this very issue years ago. It's to prevent automation that gives away gold/gear. Even when you trade in classic for gold it says, "are you sure you want to make this trade?"

Well deserved I'd say.
    Just so I understand your stance a little better, would you also say home burglars are smart and deserve what they steal, and that it's all well earned?

Look at Grinding Gear Games and Path of Exile - they allow trading, but they don't intervene
    The company puts the blame on the scammed player so that they don't have to do anything about it, which has nothing to do with whether a scammer is deserving of stolen goods.

10+ Year Old Account
    God the people in this thread that believe this is real. The guy is sending to a character on the same account. Most likely made it to meme or cause fake drama. If you send any amount of money to someone not on your account you have to confirm it. Seriously, pick a random pleb in Ironforge, try to mail him 100g. Won't let you unless acknowledge a prompt.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.