Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I feel you skimmed over the utility.
    Just like blizzard

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is weird to me.. like for real.

The damage shadow can do is actually surpassing most dps even on single target, please dont be a dick and give shadow a chance, its not bfa and the rework is realy good.

Good luck fellow shadows x

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    I thought my aoe dmg was good then i just saw a BM out do me with beast cleave alone ._.
    You are bad then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    shadow is top tier SS rank dps atm. they are just trash.
    It is not the best dps spec. Neither in m+, nor in raids. It is really good tho. The issue in m+ is that lacks utility, especially on pulls where you can't/shouldn't fear mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Just like blizzard
    What about Mass Dispel, resurrect, power infusion, self healing, purify disease, dispel magic, fort, dispersion, silence, powerword shield, leap of faith and stuff? Not enough on their own? Is it mainly a CC we need, because aoe fear is not ideal for group content? If we had sheep on top of it, would we then have too much utility? I'm legit asking.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-12-17 at 03:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about Mass Dispel, resurrect, power infusion, self healing, purify disease, dispel magic, fort, dispersion, silence, powerword shield, leap of faith and stuff? Not enough on their own? Is it mainly a CC we need, because aoe fear is not ideal for group content? If we had sheep on top of it, would we then have too much utility? I'm legit asking.
    You don't use any of that shit in m0, you just turn brain off and dmg. In decent level keys our utility is extremely valuable though imo.

they're aoe is awful.

I have NEVER in my entire wow life seen someone been votekicked for something else than beeing an ass. Either by just being toxic or by deliberatly fucking up the run.

I really really have problems with believing these kind of posts

The problem is, on medium keys:
    when you purify disease and save the tank - only the healer (maaaybe) notices
    when you mass dispel and save the group from an imminent wipe - only the healer (maaaybe) notices
    when & if you mind bomb or fear interrupt a fatal cast because everyone interrupted the first idiotic cast - no one notices (the cast happens once again since not a true interrupt, but those 2 seconds saves someone)
    when you save everyone with an embrace + several off heals - not even the healer notices
    when you mind soothe last second, only to make the hunter think it's safe to go that way and pull that group on their next run & wipe - no one notices
    etc etc

Only if you grip someone taking a bwonsamdi airlines move they shout out MLGGGG yeah

Yesterday I was leveling my s priest through dungeons. Me being lvl 52 and there is another lvl 56 s priest mobs and boss so fast lol. I was pretty awesome seeing so many shadowfigures running all over the place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    The problem is, on medium keys:
    when you purify disease and save the tank - only the healer (maaaybe) notices
    when you mass dispel and save the group from an imminent wipe - only the healer (maaaybe) notices
    when & if you mind bomb or fear interrupt a fatal cast because everyone interrupted the first idiotic cast - no one notices (the cast happens once again since not a true interrupt, but those 2 seconds saves someone)
    when you save everyone with an embrace + several off heals - not even the healer notices
    when you mind soothe last second, only to make the hunter think it's safe to go that way and pull that group on their next run & wipe - no one notices
    etc etc

Only if you grip someone taking a bwonsamdi airlines move they shout out MLGGGG yeah
    Dude, you do keys for the recognition and applause of team mates? You explained a life/run saving situations, if your team "didn't notice", they are blind af.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The main problem with shadow in m+ is that it's not a hunter, balance druid, or fire mage.

This problem is shared by many other specs!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    The main problem with shadow in m+ is that it's not a hunter, balance druid, or fire mage.

This problem is shared by many other specs!
    There is always a top few specs outperforming others, and there are always some pug leaders who can't see beyond top 3 tier list. Can't help it unfortunately.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bRighteyez View Post
    they're aoe is awful.
    This. Aoe still completely useless.
    But at least after like 4 expansions, shadow is enjoyable again, with many long standing issues resolved.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    This. Aoe still completely useless.
    But at least after like 4 expansions, shadow is enjoyable again, with many long standing issues resolved.
    How is Searing Nightmare useless on big pulls?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    How is Searing Nightmare useless on big pulls?
    OK I see, 3-5 mob pulls don't exist and everyone is specced Searing Nightmare. How stupid I am.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    OK I see, 3-5 mob pulls don't exist and everyone is specced Searing Nightmare. How stupid I am.
    What are you even talking about? You described shadow AoE as useless, but AoE scenarios go beyond 3-5 mobs (and you still can use SN on 3+ targets). 3-4 targets is a cleave situation. Like sorry, but when tanks pulls two packs together with about 8 targets, I pop SN and do competitive AoE damage. So again, how is it "completely useless"? Shadow lacked AoE burst for years, and SN fixes that. Sure it wont compete with the big dogs in the regard, but it's still a major improvement.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-12-30 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I have NEVER in my entire wow life seen someone been votekicked for something else than beeing an ass.
    That's not entirely fair.

It happens when everyone else in the group is an ass as well. Every time you see a 3 stack from one realm/guild it's a crapshoot.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you even talking about? You described shadow AoE as useless, but AoE scenarios go beyond 3-5 mobs (and you still can use SN on 3+ targets). 3-4 targets is a cleave situation. Like sorry, but when tanks pulls two packs together with about 8 targets, I pop SN and do competitive AoE damage. So again, how is it "completely useless"? Shadow lacked AoE burst for years, and SN fixes that. Sure it wont compete with the big dogs in the regard, but it's still a major improvement.
    "I do competitive AoE damage with this specific setup in this specific situation."

Meanwhile, other classes are able to swap one button with their normal rotation and do better. Just because you can do decent in some situations doesn't mean it isn't bad in general. Especially if it's bad against what's realistically the most common group size in groups clearing keys at the intended gear level.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Meanwhile, other classes are able to swap one button with their normal rotation and do better. Just because you can do decent in some situations doesn't mean it isn't bad in general. Especially if it's bad against what's realistically the most common group size in groups clearing keys at the intended gear level.
    Just because it is decent, it's not useless, as it was described in previous posts. And as I said earlier, of course there will be specs that can do much more burst, Shadow is a goddamn DoT spec. But now, when Sire summons loads of adds in P1 or Echelon calls his little dudes, I can actually do AoE burst and meaningfully contribute in that regard. So no, Shadow AoE is not useless. That's what this convo was about.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-12-30 at 06:23 PM.

Most pulls in dungeons at current difficulty aren't really benefitting from infinite target cap, and shadow sucks at 2-5 targets compared to a lot of other DPS. And at 5+, fire mages and balance are still better.

So yeah, it's a major improvement. But it's nowhere near meta and it sucks on a couple raid fights compared to other specs with a better toolkit.

More than half the shit you listed isn’t even utility. It’s either defensive cd, offensive cd, or neither.