Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Destro warlock is fine

People seem to complaint a lot.

The only «issue» I have with destruction is that our AoE is worse than tank damage without Infernal out. Even then infernals seem to like chasing straggler targets instead of staying in the packs.

But with Wilfreds superior summoning blabla legendary and rain of chaos. I’m pretty much at the top through the entire mythic dungeon (as long as there isn’t a hunter or unholy dk in the group)

Single target damage is pretty good, and now with a massive buff to CB, I can finally start using CBs instead of Rain of Fire (to produce infernals) on ST fights.

Personally I’m having a great time as destro, but this is my first go with the class.

Changes are coming to probably all the classes, just need to be patient! Can’t speak for affli or demo, as demo is indeed a mess and affli does not appeal to me.
    DK faceroll omnomnom

5+ Year Old Account
    The math and actual evidence disagree with you.

Good to see that you're having fun, Destro is indeed fun, just undertuned.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    The math and actual evidence disagree with you.

Good to see that you're having fun, Destro is indeed fun, just undertuned.
    I’d say it’s rather the other classes being overtuned. Haven’t leveled an alt yet, so I don’t know how other classes feel. But in solo content our damage feels in place. Except for the chaos bolts
    DK faceroll omnomnom

i'll kindly leave that here:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319875/...shots:319875:1

spoiler: the bottom 3 specs for castle Nathria consists of assasins, fury wars and destro locks

first time i'm struggling with my dps, destro has never been that weak to my memory

of course it still has uses: huge pulls with Reign of Chaos+ Wilfred's Inferno builts in M+, priority 2 target cleave in specific phases etc, but outside of this it's practically a spec that does very little damage outside Infernal

your ~190 player sees Chaos Bolts (auto)crit for like ~5500, i've critted more than that with Afflictions Malefic Rupture... my Demonic Tyrant crits more than this with his Demon Fire, doesn't sound intended

Funny thing is that even with roughly 5% damage buff that the CB buff net gain results in , on previous posted image destro only climbs one spot. I honestly doubt it’s enough and as other stated despite being a veteran destro lock , I really feel it’s underperforming.

Example : big trash pack on m+ I pop infernals trinket and blood fury and go nuts on AOE , 6k dps. Then there is the marksman hunter without any buffs who just erases the pack with 10k+ >sustained< aoe dps.

I start strong with dps on bosses as expected , if it dies within the 90 second mark I can top dps , after that my dps balloon deflates rapidly to bottom

class is pretty trash not for dev, but for people "class is fine"

10+ Year Old Account
    15974 damage from one crit.
    No that's not chaos bolt it's my malefic rapture on darkvein. Chaos bolt crits for like 6k meanwhile.

to say that destruction is fine, you see that you have not played destro MOP

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    to say that destruction is fine, you see that you have not played destro MOP
    This again?
    MoP destro was a mistake (on a tuning point of view)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrgoth View Post
    The only «issue» I have with destruction is that our AoE is worse than tank damage without Infernal out.
    [...]
    Single target damage is pretty good
    I'm not sure if this is trolling, or you are just underinformed about how the spec is performing.

The problem with Destro is its single-target damage. It's not, like, the TOP spec in cleave either, but it's at least okay there. On ST it's not okay. It's not even close to okay. That doesn't show as much in M+ because people don't necessarily hold CDs for bosses and fights are a lot shorter, but man oh man does it show in raid.

it's about low keys, Cataclysm->RoF->CDF and everything is dead and you end up with a very high dps on the pack

till you try it on higher keys, you do the same thing everyting is at 60% and you're out of shards and immolate is expiring and you need to cast incinerates to get shards and manually reapply immolate and maybe cast another RoF and your DPS has already plummeted

a spec that only performs every 2 minutes (with Wilfred's) is not were we want to be either

anyways this discussion is pointless as CB is already getting buffed so the fact that destro was underperforming is officially acknowledged

Quote Originally Posted by Ninix View Post
    This again?
    MoP destro was fun. Now mind you it was OP as hell. But the style was the funniest that warlock will have ever been. Would love to have fel flame back Like mages have their Ice Lance and take Soul Burn off of the talent row and make it base line. So yes rather you like it not, MoP style destro was the most fun..HANDS DOWN. So whoever designed the class should be hired back cause right now the style is OK but I sure as hell won't say it is the funniest.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ninix View Post
    This again?
    now all melee are mistake

destro lock MOP was fun. OP? Ok , tuning down number but give spell to cast under melee.
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2020-12-16 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    i'll kindly leave that here:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319875/...shots:319875:1

spoiler: the bottom 3 specs for castle Nathria consists of assasins, fury wars and destro locks

first time i'm struggling with my dps, destro has never been that weak to my memory

of course it still has uses: huge pulls with Reign of Chaos+ Wilfred's Inferno builts in M+, priority 2 target cleave in specific phases etc, but outside of this it's practically a spec that does very little damage outside Infernal

your ~190 player sees Chaos Bolts (auto)crit for like ~5500, i've critted more than that with Afflictions Malefic Rupture... my Demonic Tyrant crits more than this with his Demon Fire, doesn't sound intended
    The issue with destro is low single target DPS correct? Is it that CB is low or Immolate/Conflag not doing enough damage? Or shard ramp up is too slow?

single target dps is too low and movement leads to big dps losses, considerably more than other specs, the Chaos Bolt buff is very welcome though
    Last edited by Cyanu; 2020-12-16 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerrisT View Post
    Always thoutgh that warlock design is fine currently (except affliction, dot refreshing needs to go in pve) , it's just that other classes just press 3 button and do massive sustained aoe damage, while we have to work and prepare for it (demo) , or do average (destro).

The problem isn't in the warlock class (altho we could use a few tweaks like inner demons being baseline and baseline damage improved), it's in the general design of instant free aoe click of other classes .

I just said that one class design is fine and all other classes is not. I'm old.

I'm ashamed to even ask for an M+ spot right now.

Warlock design is just that. It is OK. Nothing more. It isn't fun. It is barely tolerable and that is about it. any type of movement during a fight in raids is a HUGE dps crash. And to be honest that should not be the case. No other class suffers that bad. Maybe mages..maybe. So, in my opinion, the developers purposely made us this way, and why are our CD's like Dark Soul Instability and Summon Inferno on a 3 min CD. That is a dumb move with the developers doing even more to keep warlocks in a shit hole. Sorry. But warlocks now are a 'Vague shell' of what they use to be. Now they are just tolerable; kind of like the step child in a boosie, stuck up family.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Done about 15 mythic+ up to +5.
    Been top dps in every single one.

So far, its fun. Dont know how well itl perform in the higher mythics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Warlock design is just that. It is OK. Nothing more. It isn't fun. It is barely tolerable and that is about it. any type of movement during a fight in raids is a HUGE dps crash. And to be honest that should not be the case. No other class suffers that bad. Maybe mages..maybe. So, in my opinion, the developers purposely made us this way, and why are our CD's like Dark Soul Instability and Summon Inferno on a 3 min CD. That is a dumb move with the developers doing even more to keep warlocks in a shit hole. Sorry. But warlocks now are a 'Vague shell' of what they use to be. Now they are just tolerable; kind of like the step child in a boosie, stuck up family.
    You clearly have not played other casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Done about 15 mythic+ up to +5.
    Been top dps in every single one.

So far, its fun. Dont know how well itl perform in the higher mythics.
    It's no surprise that a class that has a massive single-hit spell would do well in low keys - if things die quickly, the big hits result in a higher proportion of damage.

The problem is that the higher you go, the less that is the case; and suddenly you find yourself diminishing on every pull after some nice burst while other classes have much more consistent damage, particularly on single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskla View Post
    From my limited time as a destro lock (few months), my opinion is soul shard generation is just too slow on single target. You're mostly just firing incinerates, which do basically no damage, over and over until you get a couple shards and you can chaos bolt. But it takes forever to actually build up the shards. There's basically 2 phases to destro, 1.) infernal is up and you have tons of shards and you're a beast. 2.) infernal is on cooldown and you're spamming your weakest spell all day waiting to be able to cast something better.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. If Blizz wants to keep us this slow Chaos Bolts have to go back to being MASSIVE. I need to feel like I just threw a truck at the boss. Otherwise we need to be sped up.