Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Doomsday scenario - Ardenweald

Let's say for the sake of argument Ardenweald falls through any number of avenues... I feel like it's the most fragile realm atm.

What do think would happen to the emerald dream?

Probably nothing. We uprooted the void corruption in a very, very anti climactic quest in BFA. So if all the wild gods died on Azeroth, it'd probably only be inhabited by dreaming druids and what not.

I would assume that the maw would be come Escapable, The Jailer and his armies would march out and claim the keys, March and find the Sepultureand the secret it holds and kill Azeroth and Thus the Emerald Dream along with it
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

My guess is nothing. The health of the Dream isn't linked to the health of Ardenweald or anything. At least, it doesn't seem to be. In an otherwise stable and functioning Shadowlands, if Ardenweald were to be destroyed, or otherwise cease to exist as a fitting afterlife for souls with a connection to nature/the Emerald Dream/whatever, then the Arbiter would likely send those souls to their next most-fitting afterlife for them. I doubt anything would fundamentally change about the Emerald Dream in the absence of Ardenweald.

The only hting that is likely to change is that souls that go to the emerald dream will cease ot be reincarnated, Ardenweald is what helps them be reborn so wild gods that die stay dead.

On a more speculative note I owuld imagine that Ardenweald being destroyed means that the Emerald Dream would be destabilized since they are linked.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Jailer breaks free because Ardenweald is what's keeping him imprisoned.

Ardenweald Raid = Eternal Palace.

Azshara destroyed the Titan bonds and freed N'Zoth at the end of the Eternal Palace raid, setting the stage for the climax of BfA.

Someone will destroy the Heart of Ardenweald and free the Jailer at the end of the Ardenweald Raid, setting the stage for the climax of Shadowlands.

The Winter Queen says that the Heart of Ardenweald is the only thing keeping the Jailer at bay. Should it burn, then the Jailer will be able to escape the Maw and cause great doom upon the entire Shadowlands.

I must say, the writing is pretty obvious this time. I had a harder time telling if the endgame of BfA would be about N'Zoth and the Void or the Fourth War.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Ardenweald Raid = Eternal Palace.

Azshara destroyed the Titan bonds and freed N'Zoth at the end of the Eternal Palace raid, setting the stage for the climax of BfA.

Someone will destroy the Heart of Ardenweald and free the Jailer at the end of the Ardenweald Raid, setting the stage for the climax of Shadowlands.

The Winter Queen says that the Heart of Ardenweald is the only thing keeping the Jailer at bay. Should it burn, then the Jailer will be able to escape the Maw and cause great doom upon the entire Shadowlands.

I must say, the writing is pretty obvious this time. I had a harder time telling if the endgame of BfA would be about N'Zoth and the Void or the Fourth War.
    Is it obvious? Just seems like it's your idea and it sounds terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it would return to "You die in the Dream, you die for real" otherwise the Emerald Dream would likely stay the same.
    As for if Ardenweald's fall will lead to the Maw being unsealed, I don't know if that is the case. The Winter Queen does say she used the Heart of the Forest to seal the Maw in the first place but it isn't clear if it's continued existence is necessary to power that seal or if it's an independent barrier that the Jailer is gathering strength to break through anyway. Though there will likely be an event where the Jailer's forces try to get rid of the Winter Queen's ability to reseal the Maw by attacking the Heart.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Thank you for explaining why my idea, based on basic plot structure from previous expansions and the questline of one of the main zones from this expansion, is terrible, I have definitely changed my mind on the subject. How could I not, after such a brilliant and thorough explanation?
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-12-30 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Well it would return to "You die in the Dream, you die for real" otherwise the Emerald Dream would likely stay the same.
    As for if Ardenweald's fall will lead to the Maw being unsealed, I don't know if that is the case. The Winter Queen does say she used the Heart of the Forest to seal the Maw in the first place but it isn't clear if it's continued existence is necessary to power that seal or if it's an independent barrier that the Jailer is gathering strength to break through anyway. Though there will likely be an event where the Jailer's forces try to get rid of the Winter Queen's ability to reseal the Maw by attacking the Heart.
    There is no longer a case of dying in the dream. Wild Gods dying gets them sent to Ardenweald to be regenrerated and be sent back to the Emerald Dream, meaning that with Ardenweald gone Wild Gods would not be able ot regenerate and instead would simply be treated like all other souls that get sent to the Shadowlands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Probably nothing. We uprooted the void corruption in a very, very anti climactic quest in BFA. So if all the wild gods died on Azeroth, it'd probably only be inhabited by dreaming druids and what not.
    very very anti climatic?
    We had an entire raid where we fought to the heart of the voids hold in the dream and destroyed it. how is that "very very anit-climatic"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Which adds to its credibility, to be honest.

Emerald Dream is a realm tied to Azeroth, not Shadowlands (the realm of Death). Although nature spirits travel there after regenerating in Ardenweald, it's not a principle, since many souls are released straight into their respective worlds after having been tended in the Garden of the Night or Grove of the Queen. It seems like it's pretty unique to Azeroth itself that nature beings end up in the Dream.

I wouldn't look into it too much since it's pretty apparent Blizzard just wanted a nature realm in Shadowlands and they decided it's more worth to semi-retcon the Dream and leave some inconsistencies unexplained.

After all, it's Freya, a Titan Keeper, who created the Emerald Dream.

i imagine if ardenweald died kyrians would just take over for them. don't think there is a reason souls can't be rejuvenated elsewhere and i'm honestly kinda surprised they have their own means of returning rejuvenated souls to life and kyrians don't do that part already.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Emerald Dream is a realm tied to Azeroth, not Shadowlands (the realm of Death). Although nature spirits travel there after regenerating in Ardenweald, it's not a principle, since many souls are released straight into their respective worlds after having been tended in the Garden of the Night or Grove of the Queen. It seems like it's pretty unique to Azeroth itself that nature beings end up in the Dream.

I wouldn't look into it too much since it's pretty apparent Blizzard just wanted a nature realm in Shadowlands and they decided it's more worth to semi-retcon the Dream and leave some inconsistencies unexplained.

After all, it's Freya, a Titan Keeper, who created the Emerald Dream.
    Freya creatikng the dream was retconned a while back to being the actual dream of a world soul that Freya tapped into.
    Now we can instead assume that it is a separate realm that titan intuitively access or something.

3+ Year Old Account
    Would De Other Side get all screwed up too?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Freya creatikng the dream was retconned a while back to being the actual dream of a world soul that Freya tapped into.
    Now we can instead assume that it is a separate realm that titan intuitively access or something.
    Still, ED is tied to Azeroth, not Shadowlands. ED is basically Azeroth in its pristine form and we've been to it numerous times - it was still Azeroth, just more green-y.

Now Ardenweald overtook the Dream's purpose, while ED is just... there, a sorry afterthought. Wouldn't surprise me if we never hear about it again. Even Ysera, who was assigned by the Titans to be the guardian of the Dream, who spent millenia there, who was using "dream" word in practically every sentence... is just like "Meh w/e" when she sees Ardenweald and finally understands how the cycle works.

Let's not even get into Skyhold which is even a bigger nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    very very anti climatic?
    We had an entire raid where we fought to the heart of the voids hold in the dream and destroyed it. how is that "very very anit-climatic"
    Lmao. See? Even you skipped the quest. At the end of the ED raid, there's a "void remnant" flower hidden in a cave that shadow priests could interact with. Knaifu would tell you some shit about it and how the void has already planted its seeds or whatever.

Later on in BFA, Blizz shat out a brief quest with 0 rewards and story where you jump into the ED and spank the void out of there for good. It was indeed very anti climactic to what the ED raid seemed to be setting up.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Let's say for the sake of argument Ardenweald falls through any number of avenues... I feel like it's the most fragile realm atm.

What do think would happen to the emerald dream?
    probably depends on the fate of the winter queen. i assume she created ardenweald. if ardenweald is destroyed but she lives, i guess she might be able to just make ardenweald 2.0.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.