Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What's a common thing that you can't relate to?

I would say the party lifestyle and going on holiday and drinking alcohol.

Hmm. Chronic depression or deeply introverted persons. Also, messy or untidy people.

I can't understand these types at all and even find them rather bothersome/repulsive. Sometimes I am hostile toward people like that but I am not actively trying to be so. They just put me off so strongly I can not tolerate being around people like that for very long. It's like kryptonite to me.

I am an aggressive and intense personality type.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-12-30 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Driving internal combustion engine vehicles.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

7+ Year Old Account
    You know. Like I can't even. Know what I'm sayin.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mainly religion and conspiracy theories/theorists. I can relate to anything that is explainable but it seems like some ideas offer almost no meaningful explanation yet somehow they are incredibly popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    wanting kids...
    For now but maybe you will after you achieve your current goals. You like learning new things, right? There are many valuable things you could learn by having and raising kids and that would enrich your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hmm. Chronic depression or deeply introverted persons. Also, messy or untidy people.

I can't understand these types at all and even find them rather bothersome/repulsive. Sometimes I am hostile toward people like that but I am not actively trying to be so. They just put me off so strongly I can not tolerate being around people like that for very long. It's like kryptonite to me.
    Yeah same, I try to be tolerant of depressed people but it seems like a lot of them aren't just depressed but they think other people should be depressed and want to spread negativity.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-12-31 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    You know. Like I can't even. Know what I'm sayin.
    Ouch....

Cellphones, drinking alcohol...I'm sure there's more.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just accepting the 9-5 lifestyle of rotting away and ''grinding it out''

If chasing my passions means ill either make it or sit under a bridge in 3 years i'm willing to take the risk. I'm not working an office job for someone else

10+ Year Old Account
    The need to repost or share everything found online. I can understand the occasional repost / retweet, but I just don't get the people who never even attempt to create anything original.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floofi View Post
    The need to repost or share everything found online. I can understand the occasional repost / retweet, but I just don't get the people who never even attempt to create anything original.
    Exactly! On Twitter I only follow people if they post 2 original tweets for every retweet. If I mostly wanted to hear comments from another person I would just follow them instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have celiac disease, meaning I can’t eat wheat or gluten and I become extremely ill if I do.

As such, I cannot “go out to get a bite to eat” or “see what kind of food that place has” or ever really try anything new food-wise without the risk of becoming super sick... which I usually deem a risk just not worth taking.

So “casually dining out” is something I can’t do. If I do go out to eat with friends, it either has to be to a select few places I trust, or I’ll just tag along to hang out while they eat.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    For now but maybe you will after you achieve your current goals. You like learning new things, right? There are many valuable things you could learn by having and raising kids and that would enrich your life.
    Indeed... after the first, you finally get much better at contraception. Grats!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Drinking or smoking. Not my style.

Also anything related to cereal. I almost never eat it.

I would say religion. I have nothing against those who are but it's just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post

this attitude right there. its extremely common and I'm so very tired of it.

I know that i don't want kids. my life is far richer without them. It is a choice that I made with clear mind and I will NOT change my mind. i refuse to bring kids into this world on a chance, that maybe once I have them I'll feel different. that is a really shitty reason to have kids, TBH and that's how we end up with parents resenting their children and children growing up with a plethora of emotional baggage because of it.

(and no, I don't hate children, I just don't want or need any of my own)

Hmm atheism, the deep dislike for their culture/country a lot of folks seem to have, blaming women for all a man's problems, thinking of pets as children, misanthropy.

The two big ones are probably love of coffee and/or alcohol. I think both taste disgusting and neither have the effect on me they do others. I've never gotten "buzzed", alcohol just makes me sleepy and coffee has no 'upper' effect at all. Both are just drinking something gross for no reward.

Speaking of which, I don't understand addictions. I've never had an issue quitting anything food or drink related, no withdrawals or cravings.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Wanderlust. I've been around Europe and in some places a bit further, but I don't really like traveling. Being untethered like that gives me anxiety. Not to a severe degree, I can enjoy myself if I like the place I'm in (e.g. Berlin), but in the end there's no place I'd rather be than home and feel no yearning to see the wider world.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    I greatly dislike being drunk.

I'm not a teetotaler. I like having a drink now and again. I am very fond of many kinds of beer. I like going out for drinks with friends (when that is possible). But I hate being drunk, and certainly don't find it an enjoyable way to entertain myself or supplement a recreational activity. I don't even really like being tipsy but that's sort of unavoidable so I deal.

I'm not going to judge people who like getting drunk and think it is a lot of fun, but it isn't something I can relate to at all.

Also, never had a desire to have children, even as a kid when I thought it was a thing that everyone just had to do I was hoping I could get out of it somehow. That never changed as I got older. I definitely do not regreat that decision. I mean, good on the people that have kids and like them. The world needs more parents that appreciate kids. But it also needs less of them that don't, so I will happily avoid contributing to that statistic.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Being lazy and not doing anything to change/make your life better when someone is unhappy about some aspects of their life - i.e being poor / obese / alone/in bad relationship etc etc .

Seems very common and i never could understand this mindset.