Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account

Future Torghast Additions

I actually enjoy Torghast, and I dont mind doing 2 runs a week, its more or less 1 hour you have to put into it, and I keep comparing it to BFA's WF and Islands, and by that it is far more enjoyable.

I would like to see Torghast reach and become somewhat of what Mage Tower used to be in Legion, or add some kind of "Challenge Mode" im not saying all the layers should be at that difficulty but what they could was for example add achievements or lots of 'Challenges' to be done within which would reward you, like clearing some layers without any powers.

What additions or changes would you like to see ?

there is still an 18 floor challenge mode coming. Most likely in a week or two when the extremely timegated Torghast storyline comes to an end.

I like Torghast. Yeah, it needs better rewards, but it's already miles beyond Islands. At least the reward there is has an actual use (crafting legendaries).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    there is still an 18 floor challenge mode coming. Most likely in a week or two when the extremely timegated Torghast storyline comes to an end.
    I'm afraid the whole campaign feels so disconnected after each week. Timegate in covenants/torghast went too far with timegate I guess but w/e, I'd like to see more modes in Torghast and more cosmetics
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm holding off my opinions on much of what they should add until we see what the Twisting Corridors is like, but I so far think it's pretty good. I did feel like it took a bit too long before, but the recent changes have helped with that (though maybe the nerf was a bit much).

I do feel like simply adding harder layers will not be enough for 9.1, 9.2, etc. I also feel like legendary building materials will only go so far and won't be nearly enough incentive in the future. A few things that could help:

1. Add in some lesser rewards even for failed runs. If people will feel forced to do their runs for legendaries, they shouldn't feel like they've just wasted an hour or two if something goes wrong.

2. A way to cleanse off or swap anima powers. Some anima powers are more debuffs than buffs and you are forced to take them. It's not fun to kill a rare and have your power make the run worse.

3. More things to find that help out in the world. Finding companions is pretty neat, we should take that further. Perhaps you save specific souls that help out around the covenant and make it look more alive. Or maybe you can get things there that help for treasures out in the world. Even just some randomized toys/pets/mounts/transmog that shows up in weird spots could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I'm holding off my opinions on much of what they should add until we see what the Twisting Corridors is like, but I so far think it's pretty good. I did feel like it took a bit too long before, but the recent changes have helped with that (though maybe the nerf was a bit much).

I do feel like simply adding harder layers will not be enough for 9.1, 9.2, etc. I also feel like legendary building materials will only go so far and won't be nearly enough incentive in the future. A few things that could help:

1. Add in some lesser rewards even for failed runs. If people will feel forced to do their runs for legendaries, they shouldn't feel like they've just wasted an hour or two if something goes wrong.

2. A way to cleanse off or swap anima powers. Some anima powers are more debuffs than buffs and you are forced to take them. It's not fun to kill a rare and have your power make the run worse.

3. More things to find that help out in the world. Finding companions is pretty neat, we should take that further. Perhaps you save specific souls that help out around the covenant and make it look more alive. Or maybe you can get things there that help for treasures out in the world. Even just some randomized toys/pets/mounts/transmog that shows up in weird spots could be fun.
    For holy paladin I will only need my one legendary (Shock Barrier) and that is the only one I will ever use. Since the legendaries get kind of expensive gold wise I don't think I'll make another one.

Make killing the bosses more skill based and less class/spec/anima power based.

Presumably they will plop in additional tilesets to be generated once there is reason to. We don't have any indication of what the next zone or raid might be, so it's hard to say what they would add, but it's a safe bet it will be related in theme. EG If we added something like Nazjatar in 9.1, I'd expect a watery Torghast wing as well.

The difficulty has been fine, I've always been able to clear the top floor, the nerfs mostly help make that happen faster which I agree with (Some mobs just had too much HP, It wasn't dangerous, it just took forever to burn them down)

We are definitely playing Torghast at it's "worse" (quote marks because I enjoy it as is), if it was super duper awesome with lots of rewards on day one then there's nowhere for it to go. I'm pretty sure that we'll see many changes during the expansion, right now it's main focus is for Soul Ash but I think we'll see gear drops (weekly lockout like Mythic?), more achievements and vanity rewards. They could even use it for Renown catch-up, Anima, or as another levelling option.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thordran01 View Post
    I actually enjoy Torghast, and I dont mind doing 2 runs a week, its more or less 1 hour you have to put into it, and I keep comparing it to BFA's WF and Islands, and by that it is far more enjoyable.

I would like to see Torghast reach and become somewhat of what Mage Tower used to be in Legion, or add some kind of "Challenge Mode" im not saying all the layers should be at that difficulty but what they could was for example add achievements or lots of 'Challenges' to be done within which would reward you, like clearing some layers without any powers.

What additions or changes would you like to see ?
    It was fun for a about a week, now its just another chore... and an extremely repetitive one at that. Best to just move on instead of tossing more fuel onto the dumpster fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see an infinite Torghast with leaderboards for how far each size group can progress.

I's like to see incentive beyond ash to clear Torghast. The emissary quest is a nice touch but how about a weekly quest for clearing the highest available layer.

A choice to do a random map instead of the fixed two maps per week

More maps

Optional difficulty choices (think N'Zoth Masks) for increased rewards

Consistent Music!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it even an evil tower without the Tower of Tragedy Quiz?

At one of the topmost rooms, Helya should host a Tower of Torture Quiz, where the player competes against some popular nasty souls: Gul'dan, Mogul Razdunk, Gul'dan and King Mechagon. Helya will then quiz the contestants on Azerothian & Shadowlands lore. Winner gets nothing (of course), loser gets tentacle-slammed.

I'm enjoying it for right now even if it's a bit repetitive mostly because I'm still messing with different power combinations. For context, I'm clearing both wings on layer 8 weekly with a Blood DK and Holy Priest. It's interesting seeing the different combinations available from massive 200k Holy Fire crits or 80k SW: Pain casts compared to 150% boosted int Smite spamming with haste buffs and massively reduced Power Infusion cooldown on my priest to builds on my DK like making Death Coil do insane damage while using Lichborne makes me spam them on nearby enemies while Death Strike reduces the CD of Lichborne by 20 seconds per cast and stuff versus things like massive haste buffs while standing in Death and Decay and then fearing enemies that are in it and reducing the cooldown of my ghoul and blowing it up constantly for massive AoE damage.

I'm interested to see where they go in the future with it because it's not something they can just leave alone. Things I'm expecting:

• 9.1 will include a way to save Anduin because as far as I know we don't get to do that during the first batch of content here, or at least a way to make contact with him.
    • Transmog to look like some of the NPCs in there.
    • Possibly the leveling of alts allowed in it that was previously talked about; I find the tower quite enjoyable and having yet another route to level alts is always a good thing to keep the game from becoming too repetitive and boring for players who want multiple character.
    • Some form of gear rewards later in the expansion's patch cycle as catch up gear.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post

Point 1 is useless. Memories drop from layer 3 onward and after nerf layer 3 is a total joke even with 150-160 ilvl. It’s really easy until 7, the only challenging layer is 8 (at least from my 175 resto shaman perspective).

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    I'm afraid the whole campaign feels so disconnected after each week. Timegate in covenants/torghast went too far with timegate I guess but w/e, I'd like to see more modes in Torghast and more cosmetics
    It really does...the Venthyr campaign this week referenced Denathrius falling in combat, but then it's like "why the fuck are we still in Sinfall, let us move into Castle Nathria. I know it's not going to happen, but it would be a nice nod.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I like torghast. I wish it was harder and rewarded titles. It reminds me of proving grounds in mop, and the endless wave 30 title. I can remember grinding for that for ages and it wasn't anywhere near as fun as torghast. Solo challenges are just so much more engaging since you are truly pushed to the limit as compared to group content which is a matter of waiting until the dumbest person in your raid stops standing in fire.

Everyone I know in-game loves these solo challenges (mage tower too) yet for some reason there's a section of really toxic players who feel threatened by their presence in a MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    For holy paladin I will only need my one legendary (Shock Barrier) and that is the only one I will ever use. Since the legendaries get kind of expensive gold wise I don't think I'll make another one.
    Exactly my point. If you've got the one legendary you'll ever use, what's the point of Torghast as is once you've maxed out that legendary? Running content requires at least some sort of incentive for the most part, be it achievements or some sort of loot.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Point 1 is useless. Memories drop from layer 3 onward and after nerf layer 3 is a total joke even with 150-160 ilvl. It’s really easy until 7, the only challenging layer is 8 (at least from my 175 resto shaman perspective).
    Torghast is far easier for healers or classes with self heals than others. It's super easy for me on my Resto/Balance Druid as well up to 7/8. But my guildies playing things like Rogue or Mage are having a far harder time with it and can find themselves failing it after spending a ton of time there. No reason that time should just be considered a waste. It doesn't have to be the full amount or even close, but at least something for the time investment and progress made.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It really does...the Venthyr campaign this week referenced Denathrius falling in combat, but then it's like "why the fuck are we still in Sinfall, let us move into Castle Nathria. I know it's not going to happen, but it would be a nice nod.
    Did it really reference Denathrius falling? it just referenced us breaking in and saving Kael'thas, not actually defeating Denathrius (as only wing 1 of lfr is available)

I so hope they allow alt leveling in Torghast. That's really my only wish.

I feel Torghast can easily be improved by adding an award of choice at the end of a run. Rep tokens, material containers, stygia, anima, the stuff we all still ‘need’. I would already be happy with some Lightless Silk.
    Last edited by Nohara; 2020-12-30 at 11:40 PM.