Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    It's actually asinine that in order for Uther's plot to work in SL and be coherent with the rest of WoW they essentially had to create an entirely new character via the soul splitting (which invites more prickly questions then it answers).

This is what happens when you want to (or have to) shove old characters into new stories with actually thinking about it, either way you slice it, it's dumb.
    If this part of uther has never interacted with us what's the point of making it uther beyond nostalgia pandering and hyping up arthas? If it is (which it isn't) how do they reconcile it with uther's other appearances.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    makes you wonder if we're ever gonna fuse the 2 souls together
    Uther is still darken at the end of the Covenant questline and Blizzard has yet to do anything with his tomb. I 100% see us forming Uther back into a complete spirit to heal him in future Covenant quests.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Characters not knowing their future isn't a plot hole, no. Maybe find out what the term means before you try to be clever.

Also, what is it with people trying to compare WoW's story with Tolkien? Any literary expert would laugh you out of the room.
    everybody knows frodo, so it is a good example for everyone to understand.

and why isn't it a plot hole, when the audience (not the character) doesn't know the fate yet but still bitch about it? the story develops and everyone should just follow it.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    and why isn't it a plot hole, when the audience (not the character) doesn't know the fate yet but still bitch about it? the story develops and everyone should just follow it.
    "Don't criticize the story until it's complete!" Yeah, heard that in BfA too. Excuse me while I refuse to switch off my brain until SL ends in 2022.

A plot hole is an inconsistency in a story, be it in the setting, characterization, or other areas. When people are able to take the stated rules for how SL works and find exceptions to those rules, those are plot holes. Meanwhile, trying to claim that ignorance of a story's complete content is a plot hole demonstrates not understanding the term at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Their is one instance, where I do think Uther did wrong and that was when he chastised Arthas in Hearthglen...almost blaming him for what happened in the town.
    As Arthas said, he was doing the best he could and didn't have the privilege of knights and soldiers coming into to trample the Scourge and send them back to their graves.

In that instance, Uther was in the wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    "Don't criticize the story until it's complete!" Yeah, heard that in BfA too. Excuse me while I refuse to switch off my brain until SL ends in 2022.

A plot hole is an inconsistency in a story, be it in the setting, characterization, or other areas. When people are able to take the stated rules for how SL works and find exceptions to those rules, those are plot holes. Meanwhile, trying to claim that ignorance of a story's complete content is a plot hole demonstrates not understanding the term at all.
    without examples of my first quote what a plot hole to them is, we have to assume that they mean the ongoing story which - so far - went just along without, imho, unexplainable plot holes. it's like the difference between lag and stuttering, which many people throw in the same pot. so..
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Also, where the fuck is Tirion Fordring? There is no god damn way Uther made it into Bastion and Tirion did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    Also, where the fuck is Tirion Fordring? There is no god damn way Uther made it into Bastion and Tirion did not.
    They explain this with Alexandros Mograine.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Alexandros_Mograine
    When the battle was over Alexandros asked Xandria, Paragon of Courage, why he was not chosen to go to Bastion as his afterlife despite spending his life in the service of the Light. Xandria had Alexandros reflect on what gave him strength, and he came to realize that his power came not from the Light but from the memories of his loved ones. If he had been chosen for Bastion, he would have had his memories stripped from him, and thus the Arbiter sent him to Maldraxxus instead.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I don’t know, I think he was flawed in his conviction prior to being killed, but I wouldn’t say he was a villain at all. Now Bluther in Bastion, I’d argue that version of him is borderline villainous just due to the part he is playing in aiding the jailer, but that’s only one part of him.

I personally think that there are 2 spirits of Uther that exist now, one that possesses his good aspects, and the vengeful one in bastion.

The video that showed Uther being sent to Bastion, and then eventually seeking revenge against Arthas’ spirit is a direct contrast to the Uther that we communicated with during the ICC 5-man dungeon, and that we spoke with during the Shadowmourne quest line. That version of Uther’s spirit was more understanding of what Arthas became, and said he even forgave him for his actions because Arthas was not the lich king in his eyes.

Also, in that bastion video it does show 2 spirits coming out of Uther’s body when Arthas forstmournes him up. So, I think that also backs up the split in his personality when he was killed.

I wonder if there are any other victims of frostmourne who something like this happened to.

and arthas did nothing wrong