Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    Markey seeks consent, as Bernie did. John Cornyn (R-TX) objects, saying the $2K checks are not targeted. "This isn't about helping the people that need it the most. This is about helping millionaires and billionaires and people who frankly have not suffered."

Bernie is pretty clearly being outflanked, says I a serious person.

Jacobin tomorrow: Is John Cornyn the face of a new left?

/slacktivism
    It'd be nice if you tried punching left based on reality and not based on made up scenarios in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    It'd be nice if you tried punching left based on reality and not based on made up scenarios in your head.
    This is particularly rich coming from you.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    This is particularly rich coming from you.
    Drat, I'll have to turn the sarcasm up to 11 now.

But seriously, Dave Sirota and Jacobin have spent the last week praising Hawley for "outflanking the libs".

Then again, its the same Dave Sirota that drove Bernie's campaign into the 30% ditch.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Damn markey/sanders ain't fillibustering. no support from the party. trump veto over ridden officially now 67 with more to come. no 2k stimulus. dems surrendered. fk it.

edit- ok i guess the vote wasn't the over ride? confused, but I guess Sanders was successful in his efforts. WOOT!!!!!!!!!!! keep them in session every single day till saturday.

edit2-it was a vote to consider a vote i didn't know that was a thing, but whatever delay delay delay ruin these fuckers new years like they ruined millions of people the entire last year(s)
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-12-30 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Damn markey/sanders ain't fillibustering. no support from the party. trump veto over ridden officially now 67 with more to come. no 2k stimulus. dems surrendered. fk it.

edit- ok i guess the vote wasn't the over ride? confused, but I guess Sanders was successful in his efforts. WOOT!!!!!!!!!!! keep them in session every single day till saturday.
    dems surrendered?

ummm what?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know how anyone can watch Bernie Sanders on the floor of the Senate arguing for $2k checks right now and not wonder why Joe Biden isn't fighting as hard for us and think that a simple "yes" is good enough to defend him giving a shit about us. It's just delusional. Joe put his weight behind the $600 checks bill and then praised the bipartisan effort on it saying he hopes Democrats work with Republicans more, but on the $2k checks all we get is a "yes" he supports it and that's it.

I wish we had a president that fought as hard for us as Bernie Sanders is on the floor of the Senate right now.

Just a reminder too:
    https://twitter.com/jacobinmag/statu...27388948213761

Fuck these assholes taking our money and not giving it back to us when we need it. Why should we even bother paying taxes anymore if they're not going to use it to help people when they're most desperate? What is even the point?

Bernie is just wasting time.

total fucking hollywood'in it up for himself. He knows no matter what he does the republicans will just come back and add something else, then something else, till its impossible to pass again.

Biden's is not getting sucked into this worthless shit, he's smarter than Bernie.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    dems surrendered?

ummm what?
    Using the leverage of holding out overturning the veto as long as possible so McConnell can't just adjourn and not debate the 2k stimulus. I thought they surrendered that leverage but they didn't, they voted on something I didn't know was a thing, so ignore my post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Democrats should respond by adding M4A to it... making a total clusterfuck... televise it like a game... every Wednesday, we present democrats and republicans, introducing new amendments to the stimulus bill... the longest running sitcom on MojoVision...
    Long as Spiral hosts it, I'd watch the shit out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I don't know how anyone can watch Bernie Sanders on the floor of the Senate arguing for $2k checks right now and not wonder why Joe Biden isn't fighting as hard for us
    Because Joe Biden isn't a member of Congress and, at least for the next three weeks, has absolutely no executive or legislative authority?

McConnell on why he's saying no to $2000 stimulus checks: "The Senate is not going to be bullied into rushing out more borrowed money into the hands of Democrats' rich friends who don't need the help." We'll discuss on @CNNSitRoom shortly...
    https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/13...822682624?s=19

McConnell is a true wrestling heel. Saying what the other side would say as his own. Sorta.

So once again the $2k is capped at $75k. Many of the millionaires and billionaires received so much from first PPP. last but not least, Tax Cuts.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/13...822682624?s=19

McConnell is a true wrestling heel. Saying what the other side would say as his own. Sorta.

So once again the $2k is capped at $75k. Many of the millionaires and billionaires received so much from first PPP. last but not least, Tax Cuts.
    Remember people saying that he was between a rock and a hard place and there was no way he could continue to reject the $2K stimulus checks publicly?

Those were good times. Good, fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Because Joe Biden isn't a member of Congress and, at least for the next three weeks, has absolutely no executive or legislative authority?
    Then why did he throw his weight behind the negotiations for the bill that gave us $600 checks, but now is basically silent on the bill for $2k checks? Suddenly he's now completely powerless when people will get less money? He's just a lowly president-elect who can't do anything, right? Why are there so many people who have no idea that Joe Biden was instrumental in the negotiations for the $600 checks bill?

Then why did he throw his weight behind the negotiations for the bill that gave us $600 checks, but now is basically silent on the bill for $2k checks? Suddenly he's now completely powerless when people will get less money? He's just a lowly president-elect who can't do anything, right?
    How much or little he was involved we'll never know, we weren't in those rooms. But here's the thing - he's been calling for further, and bigger, stimulus when he comes into office.

He has influence, but no actual power. And his influence, while considerable, still has limits. Even as president it will be.

So what's he gonna do? Tell the Democrats to pass it...which they did?

https://www.newsweek.com/what-joe-bi...ricans-1558107

If he doesn't work with Congress to pass more stimulus, then we can take out the pitchforks and torches.

Unrelated: But still wondering where you found that fake Perdue tweet and why anyone in the year of our lord 2020 shares screencaps of social media posts without double checking to make sure it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How much or little he was involved we'll never know, we weren't in those rooms. But here's the thing - he's been calling for further, and bigger, stimulus when he comes into office.

He has influence, but no actual power. And his influence, while considerable, still has limits. Even as president it will be.

So what's he gonna do? Tell the Democrats to pass it...which they did?

https://www.newsweek.com/what-joe-bi...ricans-1558107

If he doesn't work with Congress to pass more stimulus, then we can take out the pitchforks and torches.

Unrelated: But still wondering where you found that fake Perdue tweet and why anyone in the year of our lord 2020 shares screencaps of social media posts without double checking to make sure it exists.
    Wouldn't be surprised if they made the fake tweet themselves, considering their previous posting habits of lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This appears to be the origin:
    https://twitter.com/EbonyNCarter/sta...94400528396294

I have seen it somewhere before... I just don’t remember...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

These people are all disgusting vile scum

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if they made the fake tweet themselves, considering their previous posting habits of lying.
    Yeah I made the fake tweet because I'm trying to make David Perdue look bad as a leftist who is also *secretly* wanting to help Republicans by making them look bad, makes sense, you got me.

But no, in reality I didn't bother looking to see if that was a real tweet or not before I linked it, my bad. I'm just gonna assume he probably deleted it or something after he made the tweet about supporting the $2k checks,
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2020-12-31 at 06:36 AM.

It's going to be next to impossible for some politicians to understand why millions of people need help. They've spent their entire lives being fully taken care of. They've never had to worry about paying rent, buying food, or being scared to death that some enormous medical bill was going to hit them out of nowhere. They've never had to suffer with tooth pain until the aspirin no longer works before finally eating the dental bill.

They have no fucking clue and don't seem to really care about learning. 2k would be very nice for a lot of people, but it's not even a fraction of what needs to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure where to put this... but, just got an update from WA unemployment... They are saying that payments will not resume until the week of 15th. Thank you Donald... that flex was worth it... fat fuck...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Not sure where to put this... but, just got an update from WA unemployment... They are saying that payments will not resume until the week of 15th. Thank you Donald... that flex was worth it... fat fuck...
    It's probably important to remind people that the actual CARES act is coming. And that includes more structural relief.

But that it was needlessly delayed by Trump. But They've fallen for his Right Wing Populist act. His support for $2k was never real.

Left populists exposed themselves a bit. They're so desperate for an alliance with Trump and Hawley, they fell hard for their scam to just get media attention.
    They're more interested with inventing twitter beefs with Joe Biden, or talking about some former treasury guy from 20 years ago.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    It's going to be next to impossible for some politicians to understand why millions of people need help. They've spent their entire lives being fully taken care of. They've never had to worry about paying rent, buying food, or being scared to death that some enormous medical bill was going to hit them out of nowhere. They've never had to suffer with tooth pain until the aspirin no longer works before finally eating the dental bill.

They have no fucking clue and don't seem to really care about learning. 2k would be very nice for a lot of people, but it's not even a fraction of what needs to happen.
    Its what we ask for as voters. Many politicians from humble beginnings or try to live modestly are poked fun of, criticized, etc. The multimillionaire on your side is great, theirs is a corrupt corporate plant. At least 1/3 of America thinks they are millionaires living through a minor setback. Voters love money even though money doesn't love them back

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Its what we ask for as voters. Many politicians from humble beginnings or try to live modestly are poked fun of, criticized, etc. The multimillionaire on your side is great, theirs is a corrupt corporate plant. At least 1/3 of America thinks they are millionaires living through a minor setback. Voters love money even though money doesn't love them back
    The "American Dream" has become the biggest shackle to sweeping social reform. Combine that with the Boomers need to make sure everyone has it as tough as they did, and we're decades away from the social policy reform we should have seen 20 years ago.