Thread: Farming anima?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Farming anima?

What's the best way to farm anima besides doing the daily dungeon/heroic, weekly LFR, daily epic/regular BG, and WQ that give them?

Weekly quests. I think you listed all the rest sources.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

Be Necrolord and get 500-1000 anima for two daily quests each day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Surprised nobody made a complaint thread about how OP that is, if it is true. That can be up to 7k Anima per week.

Like...you listed all of them? Guess raiding above LFR is kinda left?
    Raiding above LFR gives 35 anima per boss. Keep in mind that outdoor elite rares also give 35 anima, so if Anima is your main interest, it's better to farm elite rares instead.

There is also rated PvP, which yields 175 anima for your first 2v2 and 3v3 win, and 250 for first RBG win of the day.

Once you've done all the daily stuff, I would suggest farming Ravendreth rares over other zones. Ravendreth has the highest concentration of elite rares (~6 elite rares through the entire zone not including Venthyr-specific rares), but it also has the Favor drops - If you go to the BMAH, you unlock the ability to collect Favor drops from anything in Ravendreth, and elites have a high chance of dropping one. You can only ever hve 1 FAvor quest at a time, but these give 35 anima when turned in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

i don't really feel like there is a way to farm anima.

was kinda hoping that with increased renown you'd get some more anima too along with extra ilvl on WQs and souls from the maw. and you'd think the anima conductor would give you some anima after you invest enough into it.

my current tip for farming anima is wait for 9.1 when they will undoubtedly make it easier in some way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Raiding above LFR gives 35 anima per boss. Keep in mind that outdoor elite rares also give 35 anima, so if Anima is your main interest, it's better to farm elite rares instead.

There is also rated PvP, which yields 175 anima for your first 2v2 and 3v3 win, and 250 for first RBG win of the day.

Once you've done all the daily stuff, I would suggest farming Ravendreth rares over other zones. Ravendreth has the highest concentration of elite rares (~6 elite rares through the entire zone not including Venthyr-specific rares), but it also has the Favor drops - If you go to the BMAH, you unlock the ability to collect Favor drops from anything in Ravendreth, and elites have a high chance of dropping one. You can only ever hve 1 FAvor quest at a time, but these give 35 anima when turned in.
    It's 35 anima regardless what difficulty what is just terrible, that's also how much you get for finishing a M+ regardless of what key level.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Is it 35 anima a boss? I did normal CN last week and only got 3-4 drops of anima

15+ Year Old Account
    but it also has the Favor drops - If you go to the BMAH, you unlock the ability to collect Favor drops from anything in Ravendreth, and elites have a high chance of dropping one. You can only ever hve 1 FAvor quest at a time, but these give 35 anima when turned in.
    Favor drops? What are favors and are they repeatable? Only available to Venthyrs? And where is the BMAH now anyway?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Favor drops? What are favors and are they repeatable? Only available to Venthyrs? And where is the BMAH now anyway?
    It’s at the bottom of Revendreth map, past the Cemetery flight point

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    When you say cemetery are you talking Wanecrypt Hill or Pridefall Hamlet?

When you say cemetery are you talking Wanecrypt Hill or Pridefall Hamlet?
    A quest from some dude in Redelav directed me there(The Night Market). I think the closest flightpoint is Wanecrypt Hill.
    If you look at the bottom of Revendreth on the map, that outcropping between the two isles is pretty much it(to the right of the purple river that ends on that edge).

If you're also doing Rep for them Rep Supply caches for collectibles, do them with WM on for the extra bit of Anima.

What's the best way to farm anima besides doing the daily dungeon/heroic, weekly LFR, daily epic/regular BG, and WQ that give them?
    Keep farming M+ for dem 35 anima instead of items : ' ))

15+ Year Old Account
    nevermind I found it and thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    Be Necrolord and get 500-1000 anima for two daily quests each day.
    As a fellow Necrolord, where are these 2 daily quests you're talking about? I've seen a few daily quests, but they only reward 75 anima, not the 500-1000 you say.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazing R View Post
    As a fellow Necrolord, where are these 2 daily quests you're talking about? I've seen a few daily quests, but they only reward 75 anima, not the 500-1000 you say.
    I am too. I only have a rank 1 anima connection thing so I only have 2 choices to pick from and both of them don't give anima. One does (Final Thread in House of Constructs) and the other (Chosen Runecoffer) gives random gear or shit like that....or the other way around.

Is it 35 anima a boss? I did normal CN last week and only got 3-4 drops of anima
    Each boss gives once per ID 35 anima. That means if your farm raid clears the thing on your first day on normal you get bugger-all in heroic or mythic sadly. It's actually a rather agravating scam, should be 1 for LFR and then one more for each level of difficulty with only giving you the difference if you already did a lower version.

Anyway, I just do my daily/weekly stuff and some WQs that I feel give enough for the effort, that usually means 3 or 4 of the 35 tokens minimum. Fuck the 1 token WQs that take ages and used to reward a conduit originally.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-12-31 at 01:48 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    @gaymer77 Waynecrypt.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Amazing R View Post
    They come from the level 2 anima conductor. Most of them give two 250 anima items, 3 grateful offerings and some blue equipment. If you're unlucky you have two quests that give nothing, but on most days there's at least one. I'd say the average anima I've been getting since I've built it should be around 750 a day.

15+ Year Old Account
    He means the daily quests at rank 2 conductor. They don't give what he says they give. I have a Necrolord and Night Fae, they both have level 2 and they both give about the same amount of anima.