Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    Your useless items will be very hard to find a buyer for and with how Blizzard changed professions, learning rare patterns is more of a liability than an asset now which drops the demand of both.

Transmog has always been a crapshoot, but the pets and mounts should sell eventually.

I imagine WoW is feeling the effects of the actual recession we've been having, too.
    wow is feeling effect of casual leaving game. that why values of everything including token are dropping rapidly .

hardcores even though are loud cant keep game aflot - and SL is casual unfriendly expansion

Well, it’s actually really easy: if you can’t sell something for a certain price it’s simply not worth it. I guarantee at some price you will sell your item, period. I guess you‘re just butthurt nobody pays your overestimated prices. Maybe give us an example?
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    At least you still have your millions of gold worth of items...

I had 20m gold worth of items that expired from the mailbox... mainly mounts and pets!
    Kinda a fallacy there. Very few people might want to buy something, but it can still be valuable.

Not many people would be able to buy a classical painting, but does that mean it's not valuable because so few people are interested?

AH in this game is stupid at best. All people do is undercut each other because they have to be first!

I've been earning gold by purchasing all the ilvl 190 Grim-veiled Hoods when they drop to dirt cheap and mark them up 1000%. It's hilarious because people let the price drop lower than what it costs to purchase the 12 shards from the vendor. Even with my 1000% price markup, they're still not profitable if you purchased the mats and crafted them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    its like selling a rare old bottle cap.. 99.9999999999999999999% dont give a damn about that bottle cap, so it wont sell fast, but bottle cap collectors will be willing to buy it at some point for a stupid high prics.
    Waaaaay too many 9s

iono, I bet wow has less players atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    That's the thing with playing the AH - it's an entirely selfish activity. Your goal is to either make sure that people posting stuff get lower profit, or that people buying it pay more, so that you get a cut in the middle. I don't understand the draw at all. I guess the idea is you sit there grinding out that gold then you go and you say, "Hey guys look at all this gold!" and everyone else is mostly like, "whatever".

I think some people think they're playing it like the financial markets or whatever, but it's not like the financial markets of today, it's like the financial markets of the 1920s that were rigged by a few big investors who were doing things that are illegal in today's financial markets, because they are scummy.
    I think they could do things to discourage the kind of behavior I've seen and engaged in. Like, at first I just wanted to unlock one specific rank 4 pattern. But the things I made to level up would literally have never sold if I didn't do what these other people were doing. So when I saw what they were doing, I did it too.

I don't know how they could do it, but they could do something that would discourage it. I wouldn't mind having to wait in line if it meant that no one else could skip the line by relisting either.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I've got all sorts of rare and or unobtainable items that I literally cannot sell.

I undercut regional prices. I undercut server prices. Substantially even. And still, nothing sells.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Where are all the collectors and wealthy players at? How is an entire region all selling these items for similar prices if it never sells?
    Game is old, new players don't care yet, those who care already collected it. Try selling actually valuable items - like consumables, they sell really well
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't people focus mainly (in the very beginning of xpac) on gearing? Buying really rare stuff like Ethreal Soul Trader of Wooly mamonth is very unlikely, because gold spenders (i believe) would rather buy boost, gear piece.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

I like hearing stories like this. Of people trying to control the market, "knowing" how much things "should" cost, and trying to impose those prices on others. And then getting burnt on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jahaga View Post
    AH in this game is stupid at best. All people do is undercut each other because they have to be first!
    That's probably because supply is higher than demand, and rather than dropping prices sellers prefer to play undercutting game. Because being constantly first = getting things sold. And the people, who just want to sell stuff that clutters their bags, and have no time to keep reposting stuff, have to either drop the price drastically (and get bought out by the "undercutters") or just avoid AH altogether (it's quite interesting how that way supply is lowered without lowering the price).
    Last edited by procne; 2020-12-31 at 09:57 AM.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

looks to me you have 5 options:

a) keep putting it up for (too) high prices waiting/hoping for the unicorn buyer.
    b) keep lowering the price until it sells.
    c) try a different server.
    d) try different platforms than then AH, i'm sure theres discords/websites people who want these rare items frequent so you can get more eyes on your product.
    e) actively try to find people who have too much gold and don't know what to do with it and try to sell it to them directly. every server has it's AH barons.

another thing to consider: with the massive increase in for-gold boosting services, there more rich players than ever, so why isn't the price of these items going up to match their increased funds?
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-12-31 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Lol but wealthy players enjoy toys and vanity all the same.
    Yes, but i know 2 of them. 1 of their main joys is making money. not spending it. And while they will be stuff they like or can resell. Not everything is good enough for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    As Bill Gates said (not really him, it was on the Simpsons):

"I didn't get rich by writing a lot of fat checks."
    Yup, know 2 gold farmers/rich wow people. they are rich because they only spent it on stuff they really want, or can resell.

A nice pair of transmogh gear or pets might be cool and very very rare. But if no one buys it :P

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I like hearing stories like this. Of people trying to control the market, "knowing" how much things "should" cost, and trying to impose those prices on others. And then getting burnt on it.

- - - Updated - - -

That's probably because supply is higher than demand, and rather than dropping prices sellers prefer to play undercutting game. Because being constantly first = getting things sold. And the people, who just want to sell stuff that clutters their bags, and have no time to keep reposting stuff, have to either drop the price drastically (and get bought out by the "undercutters") or just avoid AH altogether (it's quite interesting how that way supply is lowered without lowering the price).
    I've learned it's a matter of timing, too (regarding supply/demand). People who don't play the AH don't know when items sell and when they stagnate. For example, leggo bases FLY off the shelves (so to speak) in the couple hours after weekly reset, as people are running Torghast for their soul ash immediately for their leggo upgrades.

But people who are just trying to recoup losses from leveling up their patterns will panic during the week when their inventory isn't moving and they need that gold back for other stuff, leading to cutthroat behavior to try to liquidate their stock.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.