Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Kael'thas in Shadowlands

Was really looking forward to Kael'thas. They made it seem as if he was supposed to be a huge part of the Revendreth zone, but then he didn't show up in the campaign or the side quests at all. Neither in the Venthyr campaign so far.

Today I did the Maldraxxi 7/9 part of the questline and finally encountered Kael'thas.

And then you do 3 quests and that's it.

I'm feeling trolled by Blizzard.

I know there's probably gonna be more with him, but when you wait so long, to just have him show up for 3 quests and be done for the week feels especially insulting.

And then there's the issue of chronology.

If you've done the Nathria raid, you've seen him be a boss in the raid already, and the covenant campaign quests with him, that are chronologically BEFORE the raid, are available only now.

This feels like a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchboy View Post
    the covenant campaign quests with him, that are chronologically BEFORE the raid
    Not true. The quests with him happen after his rescue in the raid. The 7/9 part for Venthry was all about Kael'thas and draining him of Anima.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

If you picked Ventyr you have a long questchain with him, and by how the quest is going it sounds like there is more to come.

10+ Year Old Account

If you've done the Nathria raid, you've seen him be a boss in the raid already, and the covenant campaign quests with him, that are chronologically BEFORE the raid, are available only now.
    You mean that YOU messed up chronologically by doing the raid before the quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Not true. The quests with him happen after his rescue in the raid. The 7/9 part for Venthry was all about Kael'thas and draining him of Anima.
    Well, then the problem is, that the LFR part doesn't become available until after the campaign quests are. So it's still out of chronological order for those who only do LFR.

Well, then the problem is, that the LFR part doesn't become available until after the campaign quests are. So it's still out of chronological order for those who only do LFR.
    Okay? Blizzard doesn't and shouldn't design it around LFR. It's not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    You mean that YOU messed up chronologically by doing the raid before the quest?
    1. I haven't because I only do LFR, I'm going simply by the info in the journal that shows me that he is a boss in the raid.
    2. Even if I had done the raid, how can you blame the players for that? You're gonna tell them to wait with the raid until all the campaign quests are available? That's the worst case of fanboyism I've ever seen

- - - Updated - - -

Okay? Blizzard doesn't and shouldn't design it around LFR. It's not a problem.
    Then they shouldn't gate both LFR and the covenant campaign quests in a way where if you do content as soon as it is available, you'll get things out of order.

That is bad game design.

Tell the story differently.

- - - Updated - - -

But it's not out of order if you do the content as soon as it's available. The complete raid has been out for awhile now.
    Most people only do LFR. Stop feigning ignorance.

In fact, the Venthyr campaign explicitly references this. And the entirety of this weeks chapter is about lugging Kael'thas across Revendreth and rolling ones eyes about his ridiculous claims of "doing good".

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    In fact, the Venthyr campaign explicitly references this. And the entirety of this weeks chapter is about lugging Kael'thas across Revendreth and rolling ones eyes about his ridiculous claims of "doing good".
    I laughed at this part:
    Kael'thas: "This place is in shambles."
    The Accuser: "So are you."

The Accuser is slowly turning into my favorite SL character.

Was really looking forward to Kael'thas. They made it seem as if he was supposed to be a huge part of the Revendreth zone, but then he didn't show up in the campaign or the side quests at all. Neither in the Venthyr campaign so far.

Today I did the Maldraxxi 7/9 part of the questline and finally encountered Kael'thas.

I'm feeling trolled by Blizzard.

I know there's probably gonna be more with him, but when you wait so long, to just have him show up for 3 quests and be done for the week feels especially insulting.

This feels like a mess.

In addition. Without spoilers, this all seems to me to take place before the events of the campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    In addition. Without spoilers, this all seems to me to take place before the events of the campaign
    I get confused about this myself. If Nathria happens before the events of the campaign, then what's the point of the campaign. Because at the very least the Venthyr campaign seems to be about trying to kill Denathrius.

This feels like a mess.
    No? It specifically tells you at the start of this week's story for Venthyr that "Following our recent success in our raid on the Castle...". Chronologically, this week takes place AFTER the raid or at least up until Sun King's Salvation. I'd imagine it's the same for all factions, given that Kael has turned up in the Necrolord's campaign too.

I get confused about this myself. If Nathria happens before the events of the campaign, then what's the point of the campaign. Because at the very least the Venthyr campaign seems to be about trying to kill Denathrius.
    Technically it happens in the middle of the campaign, or at least between chapters 6 and 7. Also, the main purpose of the Venthry campaign is collecting the Medallions of Sin and use their power to rebuild Revendreth.

You can't fault blizzard for that. The game is more designed around doing at least normal. Especially since normal is almost 100% of the time easier than doing LFR!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    No? It specifically tells you at the start of this week's story for Venthyr that "Following our recent success in our raid on the Castle...".
    Yeah and I specifically tell you in my post that I am talking about the Maldraxxi campaign, where none of this was mentioned.

And if this week's covenant campaign takes place after the raid, which is still not fully available in LFR and which had no quest to free Kael'thas and kill Denathrius, then that is bad storytelling.

Like I said, it's a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    As for me more fun fact is that we saved him from tortures in raid...only for another torment in Sinfall (Prince Renthal main base)
    At least the torment in Sinfall is meant to help him, which does eventually.

Technically it happens in the middle of the campaign, or at least between chapters 6 and 7. Also, the main purpose of the Venthry campaign is collecting the Medallions of Sin and use their power to rebuild Revendreth.
    Bad storytelling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    You can't fault blizzard for that. The game is more designed around doing at least normal. Especially since normal is almost 100% of the time easier than doing LFR!
    Of course I can, they designed this.

LFR is supposed to be story mode. It fails at that spectacularly.

Bad storytelling.
    The purpose of that comment was just to inform you.

The purpose of that comment was just to inform you.
    And the purpose of my comment was to comment.

That's because you're not Venthyr. Kael'Thas' quest line is centered around the Venthyr, and they have a lot of quests with him, with the Accuser trying to help the fallen king atone for what he did.

However, what is actually egregious is that since none of my characters are with the Necrolords, when I approached a WQ a couple weeks ago in Maldraxxus and Draka simply namedropped Kel'Thuzad during the WQ's intro text, I was confused. I didn't even know Kel'Thuzad was around and he was never even mentioned during the leveling questline in Maldraxxus.

The first mention of Kel'Thuzad in the main storyline as Venthyr only happened today as part of Kael'Thas' story.