Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Layout and aesthetics are part of it. They're too large and ugly; I prefer dungeons that you can clear in 10-20 minutes instead of gimmicky shit like the platform transfers in Spires of Ascension. The best dungeons are the ones I have to spend the least time in, I get very tired of 5man content very quickly. The shorter the instance the better, it means I can clear more of it before I start to suffer instance fatigue. SL dungeons? I can do 1-2 bloody dungeons before I'm fed up with them for the whole week.

M+ existing means that overgeared players aren't populating the Heroic dungeon queue, so Heroic dungeons just boring as shit because they're extremely easy and slow. I don't do M+ because I already hate the dungeons, I'm not going to waste my time queuing up to find a group and hoping it sticks together to clear content that isn't remotely fun for me.
    So you want quick dungeons but hate dungeons that are probably the quickes to ever launch in this game. And yeah about gimmicky shit I guess you forgot a few dungeons that came with TBC, WotlK that really where time wasters. Design is a taste thing but saying they take too long is just pure rubbish. The quickest dungeon in WotlK takes longer than the quickest in SL for example. And I can keep going. But in the end keep dreaming of that dungeon that takes 10-20 without overgearing it cause it never existed and never will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dapperedodo View Post
    So you want quick dungeons but hate dungeons that are probably the quickes to ever launch in this game. And yeah about gimmicky shit I guess you forgot a few dungeons that came with TBC, WotlK that really where time wasters. Design is a taste thing but saying they take too long is just pure rubbish. The quickest dungeon in WotlK takes longer than the quickest in SL for example. And I can keep going. But in the end keep dreaming of that dungeon that takes 10-20 without overgearing it cause it never existed and never will.
    I'm sorry, did you want the answer or not? Cause I answered your musing and now you're just shitting on my opinion for no apparent reason other than to flame my preferences. I never claimed dungeons existed that took 10-20 minutes without overgearing, I pointed out that M+ means many of the people who used be in the Heroic dungeon queue aren't there anymore because they do M+ instead.

I didn't forget the long dungeons in TBC and WotLK, I just didn't have any problems with them because I always was rewarded regardless of whether or not it was quick (badge system). If SL had a PvE currency that was actually rewarded at a decent rate from dungeons I probably wouldn't hate the dungeons quite so much, because a lot of what I dislike is just how horrible of a time-investment they are for gearing. Unless you're doing M+, you're literally better off gearing up via WQs/PvP/crafted gear prior to getting into raiding or ranked PvP.

If dungeons provided more Anima I probably would be able to tolerate them, but as it currently stands they're just horribly inefficient for gearing unless you're doing M+.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You dont need to do dungeons, did anyone ever tell you that? you sound like someone in a toxic relationship.
    Really? That is a fascinating take considering you literally cannot acquire specific legendary powers without doing dungeons. And please don't start with some "You don't need legendaries" nonsense. That is an annoyingly persistent bad faith argument people like to drag out.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2020-12-31 at 07:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I'm sorry, did you want the answer or not? Cause I answered your musing and now you're just shitting on my opinion for no apparent reason other than to flame my preferences. I never claimed dungeons existed that took 10-20 minutes without overgearing, I pointed out that M+ means many of the people who used be in the Heroic dungeon queue aren't there anymore because they do M+ instead.

I didn't forget the long dungeons in TBC and WotLK, I just didn't have any problems with them because I always was rewarded regardless of whether or not it was quick (badge system). If SL had a PvE currency that was actually rewarded at a decent rate from dungeons I probably wouldn't hate the dungeons quite so much, because a lot of what I dislike is just how horrible of a time-investment they are for gearing. Unless you're doing M+, you're literally better off gearing up via WQs/PvP/crafted gear prior to getting into raiding or ranked PvP.

If dungeons provided more Anima I probably would be able to tolerate them, but as it currently stands they're just horribly inefficient for gearing unless you're doing M+.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? That is a fascinating take considering you literally cannot acquire specific legendary powers without doing dungeons. And please don't start with some "You don't need legendaries" nonsense. That is an annoyingly persistent bad faith argument people like to drag out.
    Well sorry if I came over a bit agresive but atleast now I actually got the proper answer. And that it's a gear progression related hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dapperedodo View Post
    Well sorry if I came over a bit agresive but atleast now I actually got the proper answer. And that it's a gear progression related hate.
    It is more than one answer, which is the point you seem to be missing. I dislike them greatly for multiple reasons, those reasons combined turn them into an overall negative experience for me. The majority of SL content and zones are unappealing to me from an aesthetic perspective (or outright repulsive, I strongly dislike the color palette of Bastion and most Kyrian-themed items).

I have multiple opinions from multiple perspectives on a single subject. All of my answers were "proper" because all of them were my opinions. You don't know me well enough to dictate how I weight my opinions.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2020-12-31 at 08:39 PM.
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    If we are like what, 3 weeks into m+ and you are already bored of it. Having 1 or 2 more dungeons ain't gunna fix that dude... 8 dungeons is like pretty average for wow since cataclysm, when they stopped doing "alright 3 dungeons in 1 place that really could have just been 1 mega dungeon"

- - - Updated - - -

Omfg that's fucking hilarious. Yeah tons of raids... Most of them 1 boss. Or literally just stolen from last expansion. You really gunna praise wotlk for.

2 stolen raids.
    4 raids with only 1 boss

And then you are gunna praise the dungeons which were literally just. "Oh I made this really cool dungeon that's huge!"
    "Too bad we need more dungeons, get a cleave and cut it into three parts!"
    I mean literally go back to the dungeon journal and look how many dungeons coulda just been... 1 dungeon.
    Like how now we had mechagon junkyard and mechagon city. Those 2 were really just 1 big dungeon. Same for tbc and wotlk. But they claimed they were multiple dungeons. Instead of multiple wings of the same dungeon.

In what made up world should they release 24 dungeons? You say "with this speedrun attitude"
    So... You gunna ignore how there was speedrun attitude in vanilla. Tbc, and wotlk? Do you forget there was a fair few dungeons that actually had time limits for specific mechanics?

- - - Updated - - -

1350 raider I'm score? Link his raider io that would put him in like... Top 500 people in world. Which would require like... I think full +15 on time in every dungeon.
    I highly fucking doubt he did those all in pugs....

- - - Updated - - -

I would ask what the fuck this even means, but I just remembered you are the extremely racist and homophobic guy so I doubt I'm gunna get any legit answer from ya.
    No wonder Hiru likes working with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    No wonder Hiru likes working with you.
    idk if i should take this as a compliment or a diss..?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    idk if i should take this as a compliment or a diss..?
    Compliment. Hiru was the first WoW youtuber I could stand to watch. I even like the older videos he remakes from time to time and says the old ones were bad. lol
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Compliment. Hiru was the first WoW youtuber I could stand to watch. I even like the older videos he remakes from time to time and says the old ones were bad. lol
    yeah, he can get a fair bit wrong sometimes though, so he sorta hits me as his fact checker when he remembers to.
    I still tease him of a script i wrote where i mention transmog was added in cataclysm, and he second guessed me and changed it to pandaria and i didnt notice, and the comments were calling him out.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

wait, getting a piece every 8 dungeons because of badges is better than getting a piece of loot every 8 dungeons because of RNG, because...?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, he can get a fair bit wrong sometimes though, so he sorta hits me as his fact checker when he remembers to.
    I still tease him of a script i wrote where i mention transmog was added in cataclysm, and he second guessed me and changed it to pandaria and i didnt notice, and the comments were calling him out.
    Last post so not to derail this thread but my favorite video he did was the one about the biggest mobs in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    wait, getting a piece every 8 dungeons because of badges is better than getting a piece of loot every 8 dungeons because of RNG, because...?
    No, more accurately it would be "Getting a piece every 8 heroic dungeons because of badges, in addition to having RNG at getting loot in each of those dungeons, is better". The badge system would supplement the RNG, so that even if RNG was extremely poor for you, you would still be guaranteed a reward for having put in the time and effort.

Putting in the time and energy into doing a heroic dungeon and getting no reward is what I find very disheartening. I haven't run 8 heroic dungeons without getting loot, but I have run 8 heroic dungeons without getting a single upgrade because the loot that dropped was worse than what I had or a duplicate of what I had.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2020-12-31 at 10:52 PM.

IIRC, cata had only 7 new dungeons at launch, a bunch of re-worked older ones, and they introduced more dungeons later. And I remember cata having the best 5 man dungeon experiences ever.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    And I remember cata having the best 5 man dungeon experiences ever.
    Maybe you do, and maybe I do - but Blizzard's numbers say people HATED the Cataclysm heroics. It's not really helpful if 10% of players love them, and 90% of players hate them, even if that means the 10% get screwed out of an enjoyable experience.

And there's also the thing where they found out through design over many years that people would rather give up than rise to the challenge.

If X dungeons get boring after a month, why would X+Y dungeons not get boring in a similar time/slightly more time?

Have you considered the possibility your not bored of dungeon Z but the game itself?
    And because your not enjoying the game, you will naturally not enjoy doing dungeons in the game.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death