Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Bots Taking Over Shadowlands! Asmongold Leads a Protest on Every WoW Server

This crap needs to be handled. The impact of multiboxing will have done a fraction of the damage to the economy that this will do in the long term.

I am quite disappointed if wow streamer pretend to not have known how bad boomkin botting has become in BFA.

Actiblizz won't do anything since they give don't a shit. Never have and I have doubts they actually do banwaves even anymore.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post

This crap needs to be handled. The impact of multiboxing will have done a fraction of the damage to the economy that this will do in the long term.
    I agree. Someone needs to handle asmongold. His toxicity is a detriment to everything WoW related (even if only because his words are worshipped by his cult-like followers).

With a graphic like this, who with an IQ above room temp would click on this?

i reported the same bots for nearly 2 weeks they probably still sitting in arden right now. seems blizz is in a pretty heavy sleep mode on all things
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quite frankly, merely going after Bots isn't the right strategy in the longterm, you merely attack the suppliers of gold, not the people that buy / use it.

If they put a stopper on boosting (which are fueled by goldselling by a decent degree) and go more aggresively after people that magically have hundreds of thousands or even millions of gold appear onto their account, it would at least diminish its impact.
    These bots (and by extension, goldselling) exists because a demand for gold exists, with the increased popularity of boosting (and what has happened to Gallywix boosting) one shouldn't handwave aside that the implication boosting profit off goldselling sites.

The WoW Token isn't a solution here, the WoW Token merely provides a "legal" alternative but if the demand for gold keeps getting bigger, people aren't going to pay hundreds of [real money] when they could easily buy millions of gold easily from a goldseller, without any restriction and at a far lower price.
    Especially when word on the street is that Blizzard rarely takes action against people that buy gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    i reported the same bots for nearly 2 weeks they probably still sitting in arden right now. seems blizz is in a pretty heavy sleep mode on all things
    I reported someone that was clearly botting in Classic, got a mail like a month afterwards that against said account was "taken action".

I know it's the one as i only reported that very character in that timeframe.
    So, at least by personal experience, they are slow to act but they do act against it.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-12-31 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    I agree. Someone needs to handle asmongold. His toxicity is a detriment to everything WoW related (even if only because his words are worshipped by his cult-like followers).
    Seconded, not because he's toxic. Just because he's got the face I most want to punch. Worth the jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    that's no real issue. We're talking about WoW players here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    I am quite disappointed if wow streamer pretend to not have known how bad boomkin botting has become in BFA.

Actiblizz won't do anything since they give don't a shit. Never have and I have doubts they actually do banwaves even anymore.
    They do banwaves all the time, its just not often.

And omg /no to Asmongod.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

well, there are a LOT of people with an IQ below room temperature. Which is why channels like this not only exist, but thrive.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

With the new anti multiboxing rules, it should be easy to crack down on bots without lengthy investigations.
    I am impressed by their incompetence.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    A lot sadly. Even people like Preach who have something constructive to say use miniatures with stupid faces.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never wanted to give someone a shower more than him. I feel bad for commenting as it makes the dipshit even more famous.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

He's still famous ? I mean after the two weeks of popularity of Classic, this guy still exist ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post

yup, druids are sadly the best class to do it as.
    When i see 1 druid i think hi fellow druid.
    When i see 1 druid following a other druid i get worried.
    And when i see more then 5 standing still near each other its standard....oohhh crap bot time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    He's still famous ? I mean after the two weeks of popularity of Classic, this guy still exist ?
    He was BY FAR the biggest wow streamer before classic and he's still by far the biggest... So yes. Yes he is. Very much so.

At least he's having fun in his life, which is more than can be said for most people on this forum and 99% of the people who posted in this thread before me.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Please dont act like anybody knows you. He is fine the way he is no reason to attack him passive

As if we need that manchild and his baby stans to tell us how bad botting is. BFA says hello.

One of the biggest Streamers on Twitch actually
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016