Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Activision doesn't give a shit. Classic is overrun with bots too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    As if we need that manchild and his fanboys to tell us how bad botting is. BFA says hello.
    It's not that he needs to tell us, it's that having a popular streamer pointing at a problem makes it more likely Activision will finally lift a finger to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    At least he's having fun in his life, which is more than can be said for most people on this forum and 99% of the people who posted in this thread before me.
    no need to exclude you, we're all the same here. stupid and desperate.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    ok so 1. what the fuck are the Boomkin actually doing? there's nothing of value there besides a world quest. also, at least at the start, it looks like they're taking over a small part of Nazmir not Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Activision doesn't give a shit. Classic is overrun with bots too.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not that he needs to tell us, it's that having a popular streamer pointing at a problem makes it more likely Activision will finally lift a finger to do something about it.
    Bots in Blizzard games are Blizzard's responsibility. And saying they do nothing, is disingenious at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    He's still famous ? I mean after the two weeks of popularity of Classic, this guy still exist ?
    He is by far the biggest wow streamer, no one comes even near him.
    He is also quite a big streamer in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    With the new anti multiboxing rules, it should be easy to crack down on bots without lengthy investigations.
    I am impressed by their incompetence.
    what has multiboxing to do with botting? yeah...nothing.
    multiboxing wasn't really banned, blizz just told multiboxers they don't want them to use programs which copy the actions of the main character. If someone uses this it is pretty easy to find out. Botting is something completely different. People coding bots are always a step ahead of blizz and there is nothing they can really do about it. Unless they would ban mods, which would be the death of the game we know. Identifieing bots takes time, there are bots which utilize weakauras and work pixelbased...etc etc.
    Also people whining about banwaves still dont understand bots even tho it has been explained for several years know. banwaves are more efficient in the long run than banning people instantly.

In the end there is nothing blizz can do to prevent botting in this game completely.

3+ Year Old Account
    I swear I saw/found an entire Guild of them while I was on MoonGuard. All troll Druids running the exact same path over the mail box by the Wyvern's Tail Inn, all with random 'keyboard mash' names. Weird
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

It's always funny to me how, whenever a WoW streamer/video maker is posted, everyone immediately feels the need to post about how terrible they are & how annoying their presence is Blimey, calm down.

Not watching the video myself, but I'm not surprised. Blizzard ban in waves, & they don't permanently ban as they feel its counterproductive to do so. There will be a big wave that'll take out a good chunk of botters, but more will take their place. It'll always be like that on any popular game with free trading.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    no need to exclude you, we're all the same here. stupid and desperate.
    Nah I'm having fun. I'd probably be having more fun if I wasn't stuck at home due to Covid, but oh well.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I still don't understand why people follow streamers as if they were religious icons. But w/e

This is fucking disgusting.

Blizzard needs to tackle the thing these bots are abusing, and that's the hyper spawning of mobs, a mechanic Blizzard deployed a fair while ago to deal with overcrowding and competition of mobs.

Have drop rates for the character diminish per kill after a certain number of kills till they drop nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Nah I'm having fun. I'd probably be having more fun if I wasn't stuck at home due to Covid, but oh well.
    Don't you worry, dear, you can still have fun even though you are stupid and desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    This crap needs to be handled. The impact of multiboxing will have done a fraction of the damage to the economy that this will do in the long term.
    That's if they are bots. You have zero proof they are and only Blizzard does. You can report them, but if you keep reporting players who aren't bots then you yourself can get banned for harassment and flooding the system with false reports.

People were multiboxing like that before and they still can even with the new terms Blizzard released on keystrokes.

Now granted it could be bots, but it also could be regular players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I reported someone that was clearly botting in Classic, got a mail like a month afterwards that against said account was "taken action".

I know it's the one as i only reported that very character in that timeframe.
    So, at least by personal experience, they are slow to act but they do act against it.
    You can't know that for certain unless you did absolutely no other reports ever. It could've been from a botter a long time ago that was finally being banned (as they tend to ban bots in waves) or anything else. The response they send you has no player name or activity indicated so you can't ever know who action was taken up on unless, as I said, you reported absolutely no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    I agree. Someone needs to handle asmongold. His toxicity is a detriment to everything WoW related (even if only because his words are worshipped by his cult-like followers).
    Honestly, I've always felt he does more harm and damage than any bot ever does. Especially when he tries to go on "crusades" to mass report people because he dislikes something they've done and at times will intentionally flood a shard and watch it lag.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    ok so 1. what the fuck are the Boomkin actually doing? there's nothing of value there besides a world quest. also, at least at the start, it looks like they're taking over a small part of Nazmir not Shadowlands
    There are a couple mobs there that have a low chance of dropping the Nazmir mount last I heard and that's what they are farming for. The greys vendor decently as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    This is fucking disgusting.

Blizzard needs to tackle the thing these bots are abusing, and that's the hyper spawning of mobs, a mechanic Blizzard deployed a fair while ago to deal with overcrowding and competition of mobs.

Have drop rates for the character diminish per kill after a certain number of kills till they drop nothing at all.
    Yeah let's not. There is no reason to nerf the game because bots can abuse it. It would be better for them to keep tackling the issue of bots in general. This is how we get gold nerfed from previous dungeons/raids for example and other things. Hyperspawns are fine as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I still don't understand why people follow streamers as if they were religious icons. But w/e
    Instead of trying to turn this into a bash thread for a streamer you disagree with, how about actually contributing to the focus of the thread; the botting.

I don't care what your opinion of the man is, he OBJECTIVELY has a valid complaint and shows a very clear problem that MUST be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    The mount is the thing they're farming, but the junk items they pick up off the kills nets them a cool 17 Million gold a week.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2020-12-31 at 09:46 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    With the new anti multiboxing rules, it should be easy to crack down on bots without lengthy investigations.
    I am impressed by their incompetence.
    I can't imagine that multiboxing rules are going to apply here. Bot farms, as a money-making enterprise, are going to be more complex than a single computer running multiple WoW clients. At the very least, I picture multiple virtual machines, all with their own IP addresses and virtual hardware configurations. It's not against the terms of service to have multiple computers connected from one location, after all, and such a setup would appear similar (if not identical?) to a LAN center.

In other words, it wouldn't appear as multiboxing to Blizzard -- it would be a bunch of individual machines on a shared network.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You can't know that for certain unless you did absolutely no other reports ever. It could've been from a botter a long time ago that was finally being banned (as they tend to ban bots in waves) or anything else. The response they send you has no player name or activity indicated so you can't ever know who action was taken up on unless, as I said, you reported absolutely no one else.
    I don't recall the last time i've reported someone for botting outside of that instance, so yeah, chances are nil that this post was actually from another report.
    But thanks for pointing out that the possibility exists i could have reported someone else, despite me saying that i haven't reported anyone else within that time frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Instead of trying to turn this into a bash thread for a streamer you disagree with, how about actually contributing to the focus of the thread; the botting.

I don't care what your opinion of the man is, he OBJECTIVELY has a valid complaint and shows a very clear problem that MUST be addressed.
    Not the point, people must feel superior by expressing their dislike for [Person] and anybody who in some shape or form contributes attention to [Person], as they are above the plebs that follow [Person].

Rule of thumb, when you cite [Person] in a discussion or OP, you'll get more replies on how you could possibly cite [Person] rather than discuss the actual topic at hand, as [Person] is quite clearly just a rat catcher and you fell for it.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-12-31 at 09:53 PM.

And gathering in druid forms needs to end. Every zone is full of them.

And the problem where multiboxing, sure sure.

Asmongolds protest is just stream content, he is an entertainer after all and overreacts a lot by doing so. I wouldn't exactly place him on a high pedestal either despite being so popular. If you know him better by watching a few of his streams he comes over as a manchild that needs everything handed to him and can't overcome any form of challenge, whether in game or real life. He is 30 and still lives with his mom (he can afford paying everything for her but she still takes care for him mostly), plays WoW way to much and lacks any other hobbies, gets angered very easily and lets not even start about his hygiene. I can see why people like him for being funny, but I wouldn't be so fast to look at him as being anything important.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2020-12-31 at 10:04 PM.

I love the blizz fanboys who's only response to blizzard fucking up massively is "i don't like asmongold" lol.
    He makes really good points even if you don't like him.
    The botting issue is around because they fired everyone who cared.

And we've all noticed the fucking lag.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.