Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    i reported the same bots for nearly 2 weeks they probably still sitting in arden right now. seems blizz is in a pretty heavy sleep mode on all things
    I reported multi boxer who was obviously using tools few days later I received thank you letter and they told me that they banned him

Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    I reported multi boxer who was obviously using tools few days later I received thank you letter and they told me that they banned him
    I got the same letter when i got pissed off at a guy stealing my skin and just reported him for cheating. I think its an automated message to give the illusion that they are doing something.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    I got the same letter when i got pissed off at a guy stealing my skin and just reported him for cheating. I think its an automated message to give the illusion that they are doing something.
    Each time I've gotten one of those, I know for a fact that the person I reported for RMT, was banned.

So no, I wouldn't buy into such a conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Seconded, not because he's toxic. Just because he's got the face I most want to punch. Worth the jail time.
    If you want to see toxic manchild then check DrDisRespect who cries and whine when he dies in game and then says how bad those players are when they killed him

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Each time I've gotten one of those, I know for a fact that the person I reported for RMT, was banned.

So no, I wouldn't buy into such a conspiracy theory.
    Well thats what happened just 2 weeks ago, no other reports. Believe what you will.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Well thats what happened just 2 weeks ago, no other reports. Believe what you will.
    I always do, conspiracies were never my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    One of the biggest Streamers on Twitch actually
    Not even close though lol
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post

Couple problems with that. If they started banning the buyers you could literally aim the banhammer at people you don't like for a couple bucks.

Secondly, you don't have any proof of the claim that boosting is fueled by gold selling. It's not difficult in any way to make gold in this game.
    The companies boosting for gold are definitely selling that gold for real money. Outright RMT exists still, but companies are not spending 8+ hours/day coordinating the boosting of people for gold to buy a sub and convert to Battle.net shit.

They're very open about the procedures on a certain forum-that-shall-not-be-named.

I always do, conspiracies were never my thing.
    Its not a conspiracy though.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I still don't understand why people follow streamers as if they were religious icons. But w/e
    Prime example right here bashes the streamer instead of addressing the issue, this forum is pathetic.

Its not a conspiracy though.
    I'd say it is, believing that they send out automated messages to "make it seem" that they're taking action.

The more LOGICAL step as a company, would be to not send anything at all should someone decide to put the system under scrutiny.
    So yes, conspiracy theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by james2400 View Post
    Prime example right here bashes the streamer instead of addressing the issue, this forum is pathetic.
    Yes, admitting to not understanding the trend of following streamers as if they're religious icons = bashing the streamer on a personal level.

Completely correct. Yep yep yep.

With how some stans behave, his questioning is sound.

You couldn't make this thread without mentioning or posting your favorite youtuber?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I'd say it is, believing that they send out automated messages to "make it seem" that they're taking action.

The more LOGICAL step as a company, would be to not send anything at all should someone decide to put the system under scrutiny.
    So yes, conspiracy theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, admitting to not understanding the trend of following streamers as if they're religious icons = bashing the streamer on a personal level.

Completely correct. Yep yep yep.

With how some stans behave, his questioning is sound.
    Well, it happened as i said.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You couldn't make this thread without mentioning or posting your favorite youtuber?
    Wait until the next banwave where his stans will give him credit for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it happened as i said.
    Which still doesn't confirm the hypothesis in all its grandure in any shape or form. You have X anecdotal evidence and that leads you to wanna believe Y.

I'd need some sincerely heavy proof before I'd even begin to entertain the idea of an automated system put in place specifically to mislead players, that could then be open to scrutiny.

But alas, different strokes. We do after all have anti-vaxxers and flat-earthers among us these days. And yes, banwaves/bans, do happen, in contrast to the hypothesis.

But alas, different strokes. We do after all have anti-vaxxers and flat-earthers among us these days. And yes, banwaves/bans, do happen, in contrast to the hypothesis.
    Those two groups are worthless piles of maggot faeces in human form.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Those two groups are worthless piles of maggot faeces in human form.
    100% Agree with that! We literally experienced anti-vaxxers demonstrating outside an elderly home where vaccines were being distributed, scaring the elderly, making life difficult for the healthcare workers...

SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I think its better to stick to the topic and leave the whole gender/lbtq what ever out of here. Its been said multiple times now
    That discussion was already over on the previous page.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-01-01 at 01:43 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use twitter, but in my experience the people most eager to say that they don't do identity politics, are exactly the ones doing it and wishing that LBTQ didn't have a space in the public eye.
    I think its better to stick to the topic and leave the whole gender/lbtq what ever out of here. Its been said multiple times now

Couple problems with that. If they started banning the buyers you could literally aim the banhammer at people you don't like for a couple bucks.
    Or Blizzard could just say "Hey if someone random sends you a huge amount of gold, don't accept it, report it", alternatively, you could report it if you take the gold by accident.
    After all, if you receive a huge amount of gold from a random person, you can guess that something odd was happening.
    Then Blizzard deletes the gold off your account and you're fine.

Even if you want to disregard that, there must still be a middle ground between "We ban everyone that looks suspicious" and "Well, we can't do anything, sorry guys".
    Secondly, you don't have any proof of the claim that boosting is fueled by gold selling. It's not difficult in any way to make gold in this game.
    First off, on chinese servers boosts have so common that it's difficult to avoid them and there those boosters have even taken aggresive steps to bully people out of a group in order to make room for their boosters.

Here's a link to that:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=316097....in-chinese-wow

Also, check the gif in that post in comparison what is happening in the video linked in the OP.

You also have a similiar situation in Classic, except the boosting there is called GDKP runs, where people bid on gold on items:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=316393/...in-classic-wow

In case of Gallywix, we actually know that they've been heavily involved in RMT.

And if you look at the bigger picture, you have to ask yourself: If there are that many bots farming gold, there must be a serious demand for it.
    What are the major goldsinks in WoW nowadays?
    You have the regular Goldsinks (Mounts, Pets, Cosmetics, etc..) and you have boosts.

This isn't Classic where a huge amount of gold washes down the drain every raid due to consumables or super valueable craftable items like in TBC.

If the Goldsinks are such a major factor to engage in RMT, Blizzard should have asked themselves a long time ago whether it's actually worth continuing, let alone constantly raising the price on those goldsinks.

The other is boosting, because when you look at boosts for 5-6M (which is most certainly a reasonable sum for something such as an early Mythic clear), then that represents months effort for people that aren't AH moguls.
    On top of that, you have the regular buyers that keep buying a run each week, because you obviously don't get all the gear you want in a single raid (where a lot of guilds even started to NOT loot the bosses in order to keep them coming back each week).

If there are any other areas where players dump huge amounts of gold into that cannot be reasonably covered by the WoW Token, please let me know.

You can see how those sums add up and it becomes more and more difficult to just acquire that gold yourself, especially when you think about the fact that people that farm the gold through legitimate means, basically spent weeks or even months just for a single shot at a handful of items.
    Unless you're an absolute god at playing the AH, it's basically like work for weeks to buy a lottery ticket, which just isn't reasonable.

Is this definitive proof?
    No, it's not, but in my opinion one should at the very least provide a reasonable alternative explanation if they question this deduction on why there is seemingly such a huge market for RMT in WoW, despite the existence of the WoW token, rather than just go "Prove it".

RMT / Botting would not exist (at least on that scale) without a serious need for a lot of gold, that's the long and short of it, so if the former is happening, then the latter exists.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-01-01 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    Actiblizz won't do anything since they give don't a shit. Never have and I have doubts they actually do banwaves even anymore.
    So you know or simply making assumptions?

Just because we do not hear anything does not mean they are not doing anything.

I'm no asmongold fan at all but his specific character streaming the botting to a large audience being layered out to not see them is sketch to put it mildly

I guess the bots are more beneficial to wow token prices than players in terms of what blizzard values.