Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Question So... Adventures are just an anima drip, right?

Every now and then I see someone comment on adventures (you know, the shadowlands mission table) to the tune of "some of the higher missions are hard" or "do the campaign," or "this covenant is undertuned for adventures" and I'm wondering if I just saw something no one else did. That's highly unlikely.

I can't make myself spend anima on upgrading the table beyond the base level, nor doing anything else with it beyond "spend 10-14, get 30" for 1-3 4-hour missions at a time on four different characters. For alts whose renown steps I don't get to for a few days after reset, their anima gathering is half done by the time I get to them (because all 30 will count toward the quest despite what I paid for the team). Like I passively get 150 points of progress per day per character just... being at work with my phone.

Am I missing something? Is there a breakthrough where the anima income surpasses the multi-digit costs of upgrading the table or rolling the dice on doing other missions where the drip is guaranteed? All the covenants can do the anima drip, even just having one named character lead 3-4 minions. I figured this was the... "default" use of the table. Am I way off base here?
    Last edited by Omedon; 2021-01-01 at 04:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rewards increase the further you get in the “campaign” missions. The catch is those missions take forever on anything other than night fare due to the need to vastly outlevel them.

IIRC you can get a mount at a lvl 60 campaign missions. Also anima rewards seem to be increasing. Idk what else you can get, I’m still only on level 24 campaign quests because the Kyrian champions are literal trash.

You can make quite a bit of gold with the reagent cache missions, especially enchanting which gets u at least 1 eternal crystal which goes for 4K on my server, and i see that mission at least every other day. Night fae are making tens of thousands of gold per week due to their trapper cheese letting them have 8 or more missions always in progress at once.
    Last edited by Ladey Gags; 2021-01-01 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Rewards increase the further you get in the “campaign” missions.
    If you're not referring to anima rewards (and by the rest of your post, you perhaps aren't, even 24 campaign quests in), is it steep enough an increase to justify all that anima spent off the "path of the drip?"

Like if I have to spend a thousand dollars just to end the sweet if piddly daily deal of "give me 5 bucks I'll give you 10," that's gotta be a big upgrade to that deal to be worth it, you know?

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've seen to far, rewards go up a little bit but I'm unsure exactly how big the final results are. At the start, Missions give about 30 Anima, 260g, gear or Adventurer's Cache's, that have a few bits of trade mats inside along with Rep Tokens that are auto used when the mission is finished.

After a few Campaign missions, Gold increases to around 300g, 50 Anima gear and Champion's Cache's, that have rarer and more trade mats inside. Also Campaign missions start to reward Pets. I have also seen Augment Runes as well.

I'm yet to get much further, but Missions seem to go up to level 60 which has higher rewards. I'm unsure about Gold/Anima, but Mounts show up and there are Blue quality Caches so I'm assuming even more rarer mats.

Whilst the rewards are nice, don't expect them to be mind blowing. I don't think Blizzard really wants it to feel mandatory like Garrisons again.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I just want the damn bell trinket mission Ion come on already.

10+ Year Old Account
    At my point in the Adventure table progression, I get 60-70 Anima from Anima rewards, and I no longer see any adventures that give lower then that. Anima costs have been fairly flat though - Normal missions cost 10 anima, Silver(Because they def aren't rare) missions costs 30 anima, and the Elite missions cost 50 anima. Every troop has also had the same static cost of +1 anima.

If the rate of increase remains the same, I estimate that at max adventure table, missions will yield roughly 400 gold, over 100 anima, well over 3k worth of materials for the material missions, and rep tokens that yield 650 rep. Thats only if the rate of increase remains the same though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Rewards increase the further you get in the “campaign” missions. The catch is those missions take forever on anything other than night fare due to the need to vastly outlevel them.

IIRC you can get a mount at a lvl 60 campaign missions. Also anima rewards seem to be increasing. Idk what else you can get, I’m still only on level 24 campaign quests because the Kyrian champions are literal trash.

You can make quite a bit of gold with the reagent cache missions, especially enchanting which gets u at least 1 eternal crystal which goes for 4K on my server, and i see that mission at least every other day. Night fae are making tens of thousands of gold per week due to their trapper cheese letting them have 8 or more missions always in progress at once.
    They aren't trash, they just don't give you the ones you need or rather the troops are what is trash. Night fae get solid healers as troops meanwhile Kyrian get a pretty meh healer further down the line. However, the attack minions are pretty spot on once you get them leveled. Venthyr are even worse, but supposedly get way better once you get Draven but he's like towards the end of the campaign if not the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    At my point in the Adventure table progression, I get 60-70 Anima from Anima rewards, and I no longer see any adventures that give lower then that. Anima costs have been fairly flat though - Normal missions cost 10 anima, Silver(Because they def aren't rare) missions costs 30 anima, and the Elite missions cost 50 anima. Every troop has also had the same static cost of +1 anima.

If the rate of increase remains the same, I estimate that at max adventure table, missions will yield roughly 400 gold, over 100 anima, well over 3k worth of materials for the material missions, and rep tokens that yield 650 rep. Thats only if the rate of increase remains the same though.
    So the anima rewards do go up? I wonder how long it would take to overcome the costs of getting to those higher rewards. Like as it stands now it's like a really slow gaining stock exchange: give the table 10-14, get 30 (all of it full weekly quest credit). I'd love to see some math on how long it would take a fully campaign-advanced table to overcome the gains of someone that didn't bother and stayed on the slow drip.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Am I missing something? Is there a breakthrough where the anima income surpasses the multi-digit costs of upgrading the table or rolling the dice on doing other missions where the drip is guaranteed? All the covenants can do the anima drip, even just having one named character lead 3-4 minions. I figured this was the... "default" use of the table. Am I way off base here?
    They aren't talking about upgrading the table through Tier 2 and Tier 3. They are talking about the missions that give Adventure Campaign Progress which upgrades your missions. As you get higher progress you get missions that award 10 or 12 of the 5x tokens and then some that give 2-3x of the 35 tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    They aren't talking about upgrading the table through Tier 2 and Tier 3. They are talking about the missions that give Adventure Campaign Progress which upgrades your missions. As you get higher progress you get missions that award 10 or 12 of the 5x tokens and then some that give 2-3x of the 35 tokens.
    Yes I'm basically asking if the campaign is worth it next to the drip, or does the campaign increase the anima yield enough to be worth doing on the axis of anima alone?

Yes I'm basically asking if the campaign is worth it next to the drip, or does the campaign increase the anima yield enough to be worth doing on the axis of anima alone?
    It doesn't matter either way. You can do it with the bare minimum or upgrade it. You aren't investing a lot of anima to start with to upgrade the missions. The only problem you'll suffer is which covenant you are and how high you can level them. If you are Kyrian / Venthyr there isn't much point trying to push it.

If you're not referring to anima rewards (and by the rest of your post, you perhaps aren't, even 24 campaign quests in), is it steep enough an increase to justify all that anima spent off the "path of the drip?"

Like if I have to spend a thousand dollars just to end the sweet if piddly daily deal of "give me 5 bucks I'll give you 10," that's gotta be a big upgrade to that deal to be worth it, you know?
    Once you get capped, the income of everything combined makes it worth it. I'm at a lvl 36 campaign progression quest on Kyrian and my followers are at 34 and the anima quests give I think 80.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    I just want the damn bell trinket mission Ion come on already.
    Literally the only reason 90% of serious players are doing the table, I bet.

It doesn't matter either way. You can do it with the bare minimum or upgrade it. You aren't investing a lot of anima to start with to upgrade the missions. The only problem you'll suffer is which covenant you are and how high you can level them. If you are Kyrian / Venthyr there isn't much point trying to push it.
    For him I'm assuming you're saying. I'm Kyrian and once you get past that initial hump it's not bad. Leveling seems to drop DRAMATICALLY around 30 though. I've basically resigned that the troops are mostly nonexistent which helped me massively. Early on you rely on the phalanx in the middle spot, but then once you hit like 15-20 average with 6+ adventurers you really shouldn't be using them unless you have no exp awarding possible.

I'm not sure what they'll do if anything to change this to be honest because it's really a slap in the face to those who suffered through it. On the bright side, Kyrian is one of the better PVE covenants so it does balance out.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Once you get capped, the income of everything combined makes it worth it. I'm at a lvl 36 campaign progression quest on Kyrian and my followers are at 34 and the anima quests give I think 80.
    That doesn't make sense at all. You can't be on Level 36 Campaign Progress. Most people just hit 16 the other day and that was Night Fae who are OP atm. Being Level 36 means you would have already gotten all 4 mounts.

Secondly, at Level 16 Campaign Progress missions give either 60 Anima (12x5), 70 (2x35) or 105 (3x35). I haven't seen/heard any giving 16 of the 5 Anima tokens. Also, Kyrian/Venthyr wouldn't be able to get that high at all since most of the missions they can do have to be the same level the followers are and even then they struggle and mostly have to do ones where they overlevel it.

This script will tell you how many of the Adventure Campaign Progress you have:

/script print(C_CurrencyInfo.GetCurrencyInfo(1889).quantity)

That or if you have the addon Venture Plan it will tell you in the upper right.

That doesn't make sense at all. You can't be on Level 36 Campaign Progress. Most people just hit 16 the other day and that was Night Fae who are OP atm. Being Level 36 means you would have already gotten all 4 mounts.

Secondly, at Level 16 Campaign Progress missions give either 60 Anima (12x5), 70 (2x35) or 105 (3x35). I haven't seen/heard any giving 16 of the 5 Anima tokens. Also, Kyrian/Venthyr wouldn't be able to get that high at all since most of the missions they can do have to be the same level the followers are and even then they struggle and mostly have to do ones where they overlevel it.

This script will tell you how many of the Adventure Campaign Progress you have:

/script print(C_CurrencyInfo.GetCurrencyInfo(1889).quantity)

That or if you have the addon Venture Plan it will tell you in the upper right.
    I feel like we're saying different things. My current campaign is a lvl 36 as in that's the level shown for the enemy. That's definitely not impossible as Kyrian as I failed a LOT early on. I'm assuming you thought I meant I did 36 of them or something which might be impossible.

I feel like we're saying different things. My current campaign is a lvl 36 as in that's the level shown for the enemy. That's definitely not impossible as Kyrian as I failed a LOT early on. I'm assuming you thought I meant I did 36 of them or something which might be impossible.
    Campaign Progress which is what you had mentioned is completely different than what you describe.

Campaign Progress = Those tokens you get which I was saying it isn't possibly to get 36 and not even sure they go that high or it caps at 20 when the last mount is done. I know at 16 they stop giving XP quests.

Your mission table levels are 36 which is possible. I know on my Kyrian table at 6 tokens I am getting Level 24 missions. Even with my troops being 25-28 (the newest is at 17) and my median (troop level) is 27 it is still possible to fail some of the 24-26 missions I am getting. Sad part is the missions that are popping up to boost it to 7 progress are even fails. Though troop median is 34, as you mentioned, I'd imagine you are struggling a lot still with the missions being 36. It's to the point right now I am better off not pushing to the next campaign progress so I can still succeed on missions rather than failing which would negate the "anima drip" that the OP was referring to.

Campaign Progress which is what you had mentioned is completely different than what you describe.

Campaign Progress = Those tokens you get which I was saying it isn't possibly to get 36 and not even sure they go that high or it caps at 20 when the last mount is done. I know at 16 they stop giving XP quests.

Your mission table levels are 36 which is possible. I know on my Kyrian table at 6 tokens I am getting Level 24 missions. Even with my troops being 25-28 (the newest is at 17) and my median (troop level) is 27 it is still possible to fail some of the 24-26 missions I am getting. Sad part is the missions that are popping up to boost it to 7 progress are even fails. Though troop median is 34, as you mentioned, I'd imagine you are struggling a lot still with the missions being 36. It's to the point right now I am better off not pushing to the next campaign progress so I can still succeed on missions rather than failing which would negate the "anima drip" that the OP was referring to.
    No I didn't say that. I said the lvl 36 campaign progress quest. It directly implies the quest lvl was 36 not the campaign progress level. If I had meant at lvl 36 campaign progress it would have been worded differently. Try again. I gave you the chance at being civil and deciding to agree to both being wrong, instead you chose to take the low road.
    Last edited by ohwell; 2021-01-01 at 08:58 AM.

No I didn't say that. I said the lvl 36 campaign progress quest. It directly implies the quest lvl was 36 not the campaign progress level. Try again.
    I'm not going to get into an argument over it. I am simply going by what Blizzard calls it in-game and the only reference they make to Campaign Progress is that specific token and they always referred to the Level on a mission the Mission Level.

I'm not going to get into an argument over it. I am simply going by what Blizzard calls it in-game and the only reference they make to Campaign Progress is that specific token and they always referred to the Level on a mission the Mission Level.
    You already did and now you're just harassing when you're getting called out for borderline harassment. Just stop. The only readily available notation to it is the LITERAL level of the minions without taking extra actions to identify your "level" as you're declaring it. Just admit you're wrong and move on.