Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajer View Post
    Not even close though lol
    By every metric for active viewership, he is top10 or top20. The only reason that he may be left off a list for top streamers is "Total Followers" but many of the people with millions of followers don't get the daily viewers he gets, so "total followers" is an empty metric to measure by.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    The companies boosting for gold are definitely selling that gold for real money. Outright RMT exists still, but companies are not spending 8+ hours/day coordinating the boosting of people for gold to buy a sub and convert to Battle.net shit.

They're very open about the procedures on a certain forum-that-shall-not-be-named.
    And you know what percentage of boosts that is how? I never said that NOBODY was doing anything shady, but punishing everyone because some people are shitty seems like a horrible decision. Your average booster is just doing it for gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    - snip -
    That was a huge wall of text just to tell me that you don't actually have a legitimate argument. Lets try to break this down point by point though.

1. You realize that the average WoW player doesn't read the WoW news or the WoW forums right? Having to deal with uninformed people getting caught up in your idea for bans would be way more trouble than it's worth. There already isn't adequate CS in this game.

2. What happens on "Chinese servers." is completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand. On the Chinese Path of Exile servers there is an auction house, on the other servers there isn't. There are a lot of differences between the Chinese servers in a lot of popular video games.

3. I'm not sure you know what GDKP runs are, but again you don't have any way of knowing what percentage of that is legitimate gold and what isn't. A blog post on the subject from WoWhead doesn't change that. FYI we were doing GDKP runs back in Vanilla so this is a very long term "problem."

4. There you go, you have one singular example of a boosting group getting caught doing RMT. One. Blizzard banned some members of one group one time. If the issue was as widespread as your pretending why were there no other bans then or since?

5. You've obviously never raided if you think that it's not a massive gold sink especially at the start of a tier, and that's not even getting into Mythic raiding.

6. I couldn't tell you why people farm gold but people have been doing it for ages. In WoD everyone and their mother had a bunch of garrison mission alts. Were they all selling gold too? The guy that plays the auction house and is gold capped, is he selling it? Is everyone over a certain amount of gold selling it? What's the threshold there, since you're the expert? At which point do you arbitrarily have enough gold and become a gold seller?

I've been raiding in this game and selling runs in this game for gold since Vanilla and in all my time doing it I've never one time not once rubbed elbows with people doing RMT. I'm not saying that it doesn't exist because it obviously does and you can see it in-game, but the vast vast majority of boosting that happens is just a guild trying to make gold in preparation for the next tier / expansion / whatever.

Just because you're not able to do it or you're not able to participate because you don't believe in farming gold that doesn't mean that it's all some nefarious entity that's farming gold to sell for money.

(where a lot of guilds even started to NOT loot the bosses in order to keep them coming back each week)
    LOL. That's why they're advertising armor stacking to funnel gear to the buyer right? It's just conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory.

I also like that you listed the most expensive type of boost available which is a Mythic clear. The vast majority of boosting, in my experience, is mythic+ keys and heroic raids. And in BFA there was the mount from Mythic Jaina which was going for like 300k. A few weeks into a raid tier a Heroic clear is going for a few hundred thousand gold, and a key is going for a hundred in change on average. That is not a hard amount of gold to make. You can make that in a week with professions.

You're also making a lot of weird assumptions that the same people are buying boosts week after week after week. The vast majority of players that I deal with when I sell runs have never done it before and have a lot of questions about the process.

Why is there RMT in WoW when the token is available? Because if you're inclined to do RMT which you shouldn't be and really you shouldn't be, the exchange rate is better. Some unscrupulous have a surplus of money and a lack of brain cells and it's easier for them to pay money to other unscrupulous people than it is to buy several WoW tokens and wait for them to sell? Or the exchange rate is better? Or why does anyone do anything? Literally every single online game you've ever played has RMT. It's a very unfortunate side of online gaming, and it's not going anywhere unless every company pulls a D3 and removes trading in their games, and even then if you looked hard enough you could probably find someone in some shady corner of the internet selling high level GR clears or whatever.

If you were to ban boosting for gold you'd only be encouraging RMT. The people who do it don't give a fuck. At all. The only people you'd actually be hurting are the legit people. People that were doing RMT are still going to do RMT. Ban them and they come back again and do it again and at the end of the day they've turned a profit. Right now most people boost with gold because that's allowed with in the rules, if you were to ban that people would all be funneled toward RMTing.

And guess what? That means more work for Blizzard. More emphasis on RMT means more groups pop up that do RMT means Blizzard has to spend more time and resources on it if they want to take that problem seriously. It would also mean less token sales. So in every sense your proposal hurts Blizzard and it hurts the people following the rules and boosting for gold and the only people that it doesn't hurt is the RMTers.

I'm all for Blizzard banning bots and RMTers. Absolutely. But banning legit boosts for gold which are obviously the majority of boosts isn't going to help with that, it's only going to exacerbate the problem, cost Blizzard money, and piss off their customers.

A more realistic solution would be to actually enforce their no boost ads in group finder policy and to create a separate world channel for boosts to free up trade chat and ban the shit out of people that spam trade chat after that.

But don't make up conspiracies about everyone boosting selling their gold for real $. It's absolute horseshit and a total fairytale. Of the millions of gold that my guild made off of selling Heroic Nyalotha, Jaina mounts, and +15 keys we've already spent most of it on Mythic CN progression between BoEs and consumables.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

This entire thread is a poster for angry nerds

Lot of asmonnerd simps in this thread.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

oh no youtube personality is generating clickbait views
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

7+ Year Old Account
    What the hell is wrong with his face
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I love the WoW community these days...

Every... Single... One of You... know what botters are if you've played this game more than a year.

Stop trying to "lawyer up" on behalf of them and stop trying to defend them by making it seems like WE don't have proof that they're not botting. If you play on servers like Illidan and Stormrage etc. and you look at the AH it's very obvious how much is being sold there alongside the TSM auction junkies who thrive off of easy gold.

Just please... STOP trying to be some lame lawyer on their behalf... botting in MMO's has been around since Ultima fucking Online and have been in every... single... MMO... in existence from Shadowbane to EQ to Anarchy Online to Dark Ages of Camelot... it's ALWAYS been a thing.

Just stop. Every time you make an excuse on their behalf is how companies like Activision just keep ignoring it and banning a handful of peeps every 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    I don't care what your opinion of the man is
    And your opinion on what i *should* be posting would be valid to me because why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by james2400 View Post
    Prime example right here bashes the streamer instead of addressing the issue, this forum is pathetic.
    It appears the issue has already been addressed, it's also ongoing since idk the dawn of mmos. So yes I'm so not sorry I didn't address what you wanted me to address and instead made a comment about the general situation. You can go back to worshiping now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    well, there are a LOT of people with an IQ below room temperature.
    Not a chance, even an IQ of 55-65 (well above room temp) is only around 0.5% of the population.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    I am quite disappointed if wow streamer pretend to not have known how bad boomkin botting has become in BFA.

Actiblizz won't do anything since they give don't a shit. Never have and I have doubts they actually do banwaves even anymore.
    I've started to take action in my own hands. A moonkin and myself sat and denied botters the minions by taunting the new spawns far enough away. They must have a notification that they weren't getting exp because one logged out and the other had the moonkin targeted while he was sitting there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not a chance, even an IQ of 55-65 (well above room temp) is only around 0.5% of the population.
    C or F? 75 is considered room temp typically I thought in terms of F.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    I love the WoW community these days...

Every... Single... One of You... know what botters are if you've played this game more than a year.

Stop trying to "lawyer up" on behalf of them and stop trying to defend them by making it seems like WE don't have proof that they're not botting. If you play on servers like Illidan and Stormrage etc. and you look at the AH it's very obvious how much is being sold there alongside the TSM auction junkies who thrive off of easy gold.

Just please... STOP trying to be some lame lawyer on their behalf... botting in MMO's has been around since Ultima fucking Online and have been in every... single... MMO... in existence from Shadowbane to EQ to Anarchy Online to Dark Ages of Camelot... it's ALWAYS been a thing.

Just stop. Every time you make an excuse on their behalf is how companies like Activision just keep ignoring it and banning a handful of peeps every 6 months.
    I actually gave the benefit of the doubt in the above scenario before I reported. Once we took the minions away they spammed heals on themselves at full hp and sat there still which to me indicated it was some sort of script.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    He's still famous ? I mean after the two weeks of popularity of Classic, this guy still exist ?
    O.o

Dudes been the planets most popular WoW Youtuber/streamer for over half a decade now.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Lot of asmonnerd simps in this thread.
    I actually used to find him INCREDIBLY cringe inducing, but while I don't sub to him, he's not nearly as awful as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post

This crap needs to be handled. The impact of multiboxing will have done a fraction of the damage to the economy that this will do in the long term.
    Bots help the economy by tanking the cost of farmable mats so guilds dont need people to farm shit.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    O.o

Dudes been the planets most popular WoW Youtuber/streamer for over half a decade now.
    I would disagree without looking it up, but then again Kripp apparently has been the most popular hearthstone streamer for a while(Amaz was for a bit early on).

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Ah - sorry, I use earth units, not freedom units

But even at 75, you are only looking at 5% of the population.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I love the conspiracy theorists who think blizzard doesn't ban bots because it means more subs. Use your brain. If you want to believe they want bots for subs then banning them equals more subs. They would just have to not ban so many and so often that it's no longer profitable for the botters. If you can make more than like $80 a week botting then even if you got banned every week itd still be profitable to get a new account purchase the game and resub, and infinitely more profitable for blizzard.

The real question is what's more profitable, a healthy gaming environment that keeps concurrent players, allowing bots to run rampant or some middle ground. If you go back and try and play battlefield 3 for example it's so rampant with hackers it's unplayable, but it isn't worth the money to be dealing with it any more. Compare that to the current title ,there are still botters but much less as they actively try to quash them so that people will stay buy and play the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Those words have ALWAYS been used to compare a person to be gay man as an insult when used as a negative tone. Do you really think that a person would refer to a woman as a "cocksucker" or "dick in the ass" or are these terms used to refer to a man as an insult to insinuate that he likes to suck cock or likes having a dick in his ass....meaning he's gay and therefore there is something to be ashamed of for being gay or that being gay is wrong/weak/whatever? What fucking bubble are you living in?!?!
    ''Cocksucker'' and ''dick in the ass'' could very well be used instead of ''boot licker''. Someone who will bend over to anyone to be on somebodys good graces. Kinda like Blizzard and China. Has nothing to do with being gay, it all depends on the context.

Or do you think being called a ''Dickhead'' means you're a literal tip of a penis?
    Last edited by Dalheim; 2021-01-01 at 07:10 AM.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    The way IQ is defined, you will always have around 50% above 100 unless you're specificially looking at people with limited mental capacity.

Fahrenheit users is a tiny minority at this point - we're talking about 5% or less.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    The day the motherfucker can put up a video without making a dumbfuck face on the thumbnail I might just check it out.
    He doesn't make the stream highlight videos.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Ah - sorry, I use earth units, not freedom units

But even at 75, you are only looking at 5% of the population.
    Oh I use both, I was just saying it might be less drastic depending on the person. I mean metric is better all around, but when you've grown up with Fahrenheit there's certain things you linger back to like ambient temperature. I do feel like that's the one thing it does right. 100 for hot outside seems better than being in what 30? I forget the conversion exactly for temp.