Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Am i being toxic player?

Helo,

Ive read many times that wow community is very toxic, but what does toxicity even mean?

For me Toxic players are the ones that are blaming everyone for failing and ruining player experience on purpose. ( leaving groups without purpose, be mean, blaming everyone and just cry)

Yesterday i went 2x Mythic +11, i did buy flask/food, have correct talents and know each boss and trash mechanics and i know my job not to fail the group.
    Because there are 4 more people who probably dont have all the time like me in the world and want to have things done. So its my responsibility for them as well to do as much as i can, not to fail.

And for me this is common sense. Now my experience from yesterday is that ppl didnt know tactics at all at the Other side Manastorm fight, me as a Healer deffused all the bombs, soak 2 crystals and they didnt stack on the Aoe from Malificient and im told them after wipe that im doing everything yet they have clearly no idea what to do here. DPS left and the group blamed me that he did because of me, because why am i even writing something?

its like are people really getting offended so easily? I did 150% job at the fight yet they did 50% so should i just be quiet and wipe?

Today same, 2/5 people had no idea what to do at +11, when i ask them why not read jornal before making/joining a group, im blamed that im taking the game really seriously and just "chill bruh". Ok i was quiet we wiped 5 times at one boss due to same mistakes, then i left.

For me, this is not toxicity but taking responsibily for your own actions and be responsible to the group members as well, and im not gonna carry someone else because he cant click dungeon journal and read 2 senteces. From my perspective they are toxic, they are ruining the group experience and blaming others attitude because they cannot admit they simply failed the boss,dungeon whatever and learn from it

What is your opinion?

Thanks

Because there are 4 more people who probably dont have all the time like me in the world and want to have things done. So its my responsibility for them as well to do as much as i can, not to fail.
    This is the exact sentiment I laid out back in TBC, for the raid guild (Ended up being a Sunwell group, in the top of the realm) I made and lead during that expansion. It is not at all a common sentiment, as you've documented. People don't give a fuck. About their own time, and certainly not about that of others. Your solution is to find a stable group of guildies or friends as soon as possible. People who have social bonds of some nature, and are therefore accountable in ways randoms are not.

But no, you were not toxic. You dealt with the everyday toxicity of people who join and ruin runs because they have no clue what they're doing, and consider it irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidisko View Post
    Helo,

Ive read many times that wow community is very toxic, but what does toxicity even mean?

For me Toxic players are the ones that are blaming everyone for failing and ruining player experience on purpose. ( leaving groups without purpose, be mean, blaming everyone and just cry)

Yesterday i went 2x Mythic +11, i did buy flask/food, have correct talents and know each boss and trash mechanics and i know my job not to fail the group.

And for me this is common sense. Now my experience from yesterday is that ppl didnt know tactics at all at the Other side Manastorm fight, me as a Healer deffused all the bombs, soak 2 crystals and they didnt stack on the Aoe from Malificient and im told them after wipe that im doing everything yet they have clearly no idea what to do here. DPS left and the group blamed me that he did because of me, because why am i even writing something?

its like are people really getting offended so easily? I did 150% job at the fight yet they did 50% so should i just be quiet and wipe?

Today same, 2/5 people had no idea what to do at +11, when i ask them why not read jornal before making/joining a group, im blamed that im taking the game really seriously and just "chill bruh". Ok i was quiet we wiped 5 times at one boss due to same mistakes, then i left.

For me, this is not toxicity but taking responsibily for your own actions and be responsible to the group members as well, and im not gonna carry someone else because he cant click dungeon journal and read 2 senteces. From my perspective they are toxic, they are ruining the group experience and blaming others attitude because they cannot admit they simply failed the boss,dungeon whatever and learn from it

What is your opinion?

Thanks
    If your side of the Story is true, no you are not.

However, its in most cases also the "How" you say stuff. With the way the Community overall behaves in PuGs, even decent players most likely shut off, if you come across rude.

E.g. If the first three sentences I read from a PuG are along the lines: "WTF", "FFS" or something else. I generally Ignore these people.

On the Other hand however, I´m confused how these people get 10+ stones without knowing what to do. Feels weird to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toxicity has perversely evolved to include people who tell others they are doing something wrong, and no I don't actually mean being a dick about it.

Once, I was called toxic a Shrine run in Bfa because I wrote that it looked like people didn't have interrupts in their action bars.

I'd say you're in the right right, but from experience it's better left saying such things after the run completes rather than during it. You're just gonna make them play worse or leave.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    If your side of the Story is true, no you are not.

However, its in most cases also the "How" you say stuff. With the way the Community overall behaves in PuGs, even decent players most likely shut off, if you come across rude.

E.g. If the first three sentences I read from a PuG are along the lines: "WTF", "FFS" or something else. I generally Ignore these people.

On the Other hand however, I´m confused how these people get 10+ stones without knowing what to do. Feels weird to me.

I totally agree, if im going +11 i expected everyone to be skilled or atleast know fights, im not any pro player or anything, but im able to admit when i fail, i dont know every spell the mobs are casting, but i heal, help dps, use pots, have CD management, because i saw one video from pro players how to correctly play mythic as Resto shaman this is what i have invested 20 minutes on youtube to save multiple of hours of others.

From communication PoV im not mean, not writing swear words, im just asking questions : Why did you die, why u dont know the mechanics? Why not read it or say before we pull that you need to reassure maybe you dont remember eveything from the boss fight, so rather say it before we pull, rather spend 20 sec of explaing what to do instead of wiping 5 ppl and fail to achive it in time.

But i guess i really need to find stable group of ppl and not playing with randoms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I'd say you're in the right right, but from experience it's better left saying such things after the run completes rather than during it. You're just gonna make them play worse or leave.
    but if you see that we wipe 2 times on the same boss on the same mechanics, isnt better to tell whats wrong? i was quiet and we died 5 times and then i left. Im responsible for my wording and text i write to you as a person, in not responsible for your action to leave the group because i cant accept the message.

So should i rather be like... omg dont write anything because maybe he/she will left and be ofended.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Helo,

What is your opinion?

Thanks
    Manastorm fight is literally the easiest boss in all of Shadowlands so far, how can people be so clueless as to not know what to do? It should be dps to defuse the bombs, not the healer.
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Manastorm fight is literally the easiest boss in all of Shadowlands so far, how can people be so clueless as to not know what to do? It should be dps to defuse the bombs, not the healer.
    Melee, including tank, can just spam right click on the boss when she casts it and defuse them instantly. It need to walk quite far to break the defuse.

Also that would depend on the healer and key level. Druids usually can do it without causing any danger which means more dps on boss.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

snip
    The community is toxic, and isnt, people just cant tell things apart.

There are too many sub par players that dont know they are sub par that are actually toxic, as example all these wannabe bad players that kick people in low level dungeons, or in normal dungeons etc, where its literally irrelevant cause shit is so easy.

What you did is not toxic, its simply the above part, people that dont know they are sub par players, but their combination of playing a lot/spamming M+/freebie dungeon weeks, push them up the ladder slowly and eventually they reach a point where instead of admitting they dont know, they just complain or "chill bruh" and whatever excuse to hide their lack of knowledge.

Manastorms is the biggest example these expansion, the fight is simple, yet requires 2000 IQ for the bads of World of Warcraft cause they dont actually know what they are supposed to do.

The simply Normal/HC/Mythic get bursted down too fast, so when its Tyrranical week and they have double/triple the health..You cant burst down, learn the fight bads.

People are sensitive, thats life. This is why i got multiple accounts in overwatch because people need to think about how bad they are. If they cant, they should perhaps stick to singleplayer games.

You should always kill the girl first in the manastorms fight because you need the shadowfury from Millhouse to interrupt the aoe she does. The timing is so that if it’s done correctly it shouldn’t kill an ilvl 200 person even when he isn’t using cds to stay alive. Before we pull her I often type in chat ; use cds on girl. Sometimes they do , sometimes they don’t ������

What I do before a 10+ is just talk and ask things as if the tank knows the route ( this alone can easily make or break your 10+ Pug keys ). Then about when we bloodlust and that the tank should let us know if he pulls a big group so we use offensive cds on it .

From the responses that come from these things I base if I should stay or not, but I have yet have to find a group that makes me leave after this pre pull chat

Toxicity used to mean: player that ruins fun for others on purpose. Nowadays it stands for that and anything else some special snowflake deems unsensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    People don't know how to stun bosses which results in very quick wipe on tyranical keys even on lower diff. It's deffo not the easiest fight in SL lol.
    HoA first boss does nothing and third boss interrupt/kite ghost.

I know the kind of people you mean.

You offer them advice on how to do mechanics? You're being toxic.
    You want to love the group after missing the timer by a mile because you're certain they can't beat a certain boss after seeing them fail 15 times? You're being toxic.
    You fail the key? You're the reason they failed, the dungeon is too hard, the game is toxic, or a mixture of all of the above.

There's a reason I've very rarely pugged M+ keys since S1 Legion. It's just not worth it. If people are falling behind but are willing to learn & improve then those are the kind of people I want to play with, but sadly, there seems to be a rather large group of players that want to do the content, want the rewards, but want to put in no effort to get to a place where they're not holding the group back. This is why I've said for the longest time LFR is too hard for its intended audience.

people generally lose their shit over the smallest thing, when joining a M+ group that is just under the 10's and they want to push to ++ category, I ask if a certain covenant member is present to make things smooth and if they want to reach said ++ goal. got shut down and lol'd at for being a toxic elititst who cares about min/max..... which didn't make any sense as they were demanding high ilvl and we pot/fask to reach ++ figures =/

Sucks but happens with pugs unfortunately If you don't have guild/friends that you can do higher M+ keys with then I would suggest adding those players that you think are good enough when pugging. This helps me with making groups easier and I know a bit about the players that I am inviting.

Helo,

What is your opinion?

Thanks
    You were toxic because you were basically telling them how great you are. Instead of telling them everything you are doing, tell them the things they should be looking out for and how to do the fight. Talking down to them makes you the toxic one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Helo,

What is your opinion?

Thanks
    I was in an M+2 and a group couldn't even handle trash, they didn't interrupt anything and stood in every ground based AoE, and I was a kinda fresh to 60 healer so not amazing gear but good enough for a freakin' +2, went oom keeping people up and then we wiped. I didn't say anything, as I've experienced what you described, so we went back in and... wiped on the trash again. So I just said "Sorry guys, no one is interrupting and you're all standing in ground effects and I can't heal through that stuff because we aren't meant to, so if we wipe on this pull again I'm leaving" and then one of the DPS left and called me an elitist cunt.

People just hate being wrong, or don't like feeling "bad" at the game so anytime they get called out for it they do whatever mental gymnastics they need to do to make it not their fault so they feel better.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going by the tone of your post: yes, you were. When you group up with randoms, expect random skill level. Next time, just say firmly (not with anger, just directly) that you are leaving because X aren't doing mechanics and you can't do everything yourself. You are entitled to leaving keys (and everyone is entitled into putting you on the blacklist but you wanna avoid those players anyway so whatever).

You should join a guild or make friends to remove the PUG factor, but judging by your attitude (skill aside, it reeks of "I'm better than all of you"), it's no wonder people avoid consistently playtime with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You were toxic because you were basically telling them how great you are. Instead of telling them everything you are doing, tell them the things they should be looking out for and how to do the fight. Talking down to them makes you the toxic one.
    This was in a +11, you shouldn't have to explain mechanics for people in a +11, going into any M+ above 10 without even knowing the basic mechanics is wasting time/energy/flasks/potions for 4 other people and a key, that's significantly more toxic than someone calling people out for mechanics.

Just saying "Hey guys, we wiped because I'm the only one doing mechanics" isn't toxic or talking down to people unless you just get butthurt that easily in which case you should probably get off the internet, or actually learn to play the game before you jump into higher difficulties that expect you to, you know, know how to play the game.