Poll: Should we wipe gold?

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Hey bud, so I like how this was a comment you made after you knew I couldn’t respond, anyway let me just remind you. I have posted my arguments every which way and I have made a ton of points. If you want a specific example, you will need to tell me what point you think is incorrect about what I said. When you say “you haven’t said anything to support your argument” you need to specify. Do you want an inflation one? Issues that come from it? Bots? Gold buying? Farming exploits? Tbc compared to classic in gold farming? Which is it
    AHAHAH, i replied when i came to mmo-c and saw I had a reply, or should have I waited for you for some reason? lol

I love it that ONCE AGAIN you didn't provide ANY of those many many valid reasons you say you have.
    Also, I love how you actually think resetting the gold will resolve the existence of bots, gold buying, farming exploits... that's amazing ahahahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    AHAHAH, i replied when i came to mmo-c and saw I had a reply, or should have I waited for you for some reason? lol

I love it that ONCE AGAIN you didn't provide ANY of those many many valid reasons you say you have.
    Also, I love how you actually think resetting the gold will resolve the existence of bots, gold buying, farming exploits... that's amazing ahahahahahahah
    I didn’t say resetting gold would do any of these things. I said resetting gold will reset the economy, which deletes all gold sellers millions of gold they are sitting on, making prices stay at a more reasonable price at the start of the expansion so normal players can participate instead of needing to have tens of thousands of gold to buy things or do what most people will do which is, surprise surprise, buy gold. This will allow tbc to start from scratch and allow people to transition easier into a he economy even when it does become inflated again.

It’s clear you aren’t reading anything I have actually said about this and you’re out of your league so you are just putting your posts on repeat hoping to win through having the last word.

I’ll ask again, what reasons are you looking for? Are you looking for reasons just for the gold reset? Because I just gave you a couple right there and have tons more if you really need it repeated for the tenth time.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    IF Blizzard allows transfers or copies of characters from Classic to TBC then those characters should keep whatever they're earned.

But imho Blizz should keep the games completely separate.
    Transfers... or naked and copper-less copies. Otherwise a guild could load up member A with gold cap, BoE's, and mats who transfers... then A hands off to B who then transfers... then to C, etc... ultimately it would irreparably damage the TBC economy if that was allowed. However, one way moves from Classic to TBC should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Either limit it or just offer fresh TBC servers at launch with no ability to transfer over for an extended period of time. That is if they want to attract new people/returning players into the game. There's a good chunk of people who don't really want to return, if they have to great amount of time to be on par with good portion of the playerbase on their server, even at a launch of an expansion.

Fresh TBC realms should be better option than taking away anyone's gold though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s clear you aren’t reading anything I have actually said about this and you’re out of your league so you are just putting your posts on repeat hoping to win through having the last word..
    Ah, the famous "I don't have any actual arguments so let me tell you how you are and what you know even though I have no idea whatsoever" technique.

Good good, yet another showing of how ridiculous you are. Good luck with your idiotic solutions that don't work at all. And keep pretending that you're actually showing any valid reasons when you still, after all those replies, have not shown a single one.

If the current servers progress into TBC then no, however if it was to transfer a current character to a TBC realm then I would say 5k.

I didn’t say resetting gold would do any of these things. I said resetting gold will reset the economy, which deletes all gold sellers millions of gold they are sitting on, making prices stay at a more reasonable price at the start of the expansion so normal players can participate instead of needing to have tens of thousands of gold to buy things or do what most people will do which is, surprise surprise, buy gold. This will allow tbc to start from scratch and allow people to transition easier into a he economy even when it does become inflated again.
    I'm gonna talk about this. I'm not gonna attack anyone, but I want to address this as clearly as I can.

For the sake of argument, let's assume 2 scenarios. One scenario where there is no reset, and another where there is a reset.

In the first no-reset scenario, players have lots of gold to spend, prices are high to buy things, and most farmers are going to get their epic flying pretty much immediately. This does put new players at a disadvantage initially, as they will be be slower to move around and farm efficiently, however this is temporary. Because prices are high, they will still be able to farm up herbs or ore or whatever fairly quickly(in fact I can see a thriving market in leather for drums), so even someone with no money could start to accumulate quite a lot of money in a very short time by farming and selling at the high market prices. With a little work a new player should be able to get enough gold within a week of being 70, just from farming leather(just as an example, there are other options as well, I'm sure).

In the second reset scenario, players have no gold to spend. They get maybe 2k gold from questing(depending on if they do the dungeon grind to 70 or not, it could be more). Prices are... 'low'(no real evidence of this, I think prices will rise fairly quickly, people are EFFICIENT at farming ridiculous amounts of gold very quickly). That means that everyone will be at a race to get 6k gold for epic flying, people will be hoarding gold like mad, and no one will be buying anything if they can help it. New farmers are going to find it much much harder to get epic flying, as the market will be suppressed by the lack of funds. Since flying training is static, it will actually take a new player LONGER to get epic flying in the suppressed market.

TLDR, resetting the market will make it harder for new players to get epic flying.

Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    This does put new players at a disadvantage initially, as they will be be slower to move around and farm efficiently, however this is temporary. Because prices are high, they will still be able to farm up herbs or ore or whatever fairly quickly(in fact I can see a thriving market in leather for drums), so even someone with no money could start to accumulate quite a lot of money in a very short time by farming and selling at the high market prices

excuse me, what? because prices are high, EVERYBODY will be farming those things, that includes the people with epic flying, where new players won´t farm a tiny bit of anything despite leather. sure, compete with the normal flying mount against the guys with epic flying and see how much of the cake you will get (hint: not much). Also ANY new player will farm those things because they will not have the money to buy it, which creates even more competetors.

your TLDR is completely wrong, giving everyone a fresh start (=equal chances) is the best way to create a healthy market

Quote Originally Posted by Tanduita View Post
    excuse me, what? because prices are high, EVERYBODY will be farming those things, that includes the people with epic flying, where new players won´t farm a tiny bit of anything despite leather. sure, compete with the normal flying mount against the guys with epic flying and see how much of the cake you will get (hint: not much). Also ANY new player will farm those things because they will not have the money to buy it, which creates even more competetors.

your TLDR is completely wrong, giving everyone a fresh start (=equal chances) is the best way to create a healthy market
    People will be farming things regardless of whether or not there is a reset. If there is no reset, even the poorest players can get epic flying quickly.

Truth is the wipe will only help the gold sellers. They will have an army of bots farming and selling gold. They will just get to sell it at a higher dollar amount at first because it will be rarer and everyone will want that 5k for the mount.

Unless they do something about botting. But the always are too slow to move on it. They let it run wild, do the damage, and then smash them but.. like was said.. the damage will be done. By then a ton of the money will be laundered through GDKPs, mounts will be bought, items bought and sold, and gold spread around to non-botting accounts/players for it not to matter.

There is only one option, all other options are awful.

Some servers allow you to transfer a copy of your classic characters over with all gold and items. Allow people to start fresh on these servers or allow people to transfer existing characters over.

AND

Fresh servers that only brand new characters can start on. 1-70.

That's it, label the servers and give a warning for each as to why they are the way they are. and everyones happy. For the people complaining you want your 60 but you want your fresh friend to have a 60, tough luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Truth is the wipe will only help the gold sellers. They will have an army of bots farming and selling gold. They will just get to sell it at a higher dollar amount at first because it will be rarer and everyone will want that 5k for the mount.

Unless they do something about botting. But the always are too slow to move on it. They let it run wild, do the damage, and then smash them but.. like was said.. the damage will be done. By then a ton of the money will be laundered through GDKPs, mounts will be bought, items bought and sold, and gold spread around to non-botting accounts/players for it not to matter.
    Pretty much this. Unless they fix the underlying problems like botting, amount of gathering nodes compared to population, etc the gold wipe will do nothing. Even if they did wipe all the gold within few months the economy will just as fucked as it is now.

I'm gonna talk about this. I'm not gonna attack anyone, but I want to address this as clearly as I can.

For the sake of argument, let's assume 2 scenarios. One scenario where there is no reset, and another where there is a reset.

In the first no-reset scenario, players have lots of gold to spend, prices are high to buy things, and most farmers are going to get their epic flying pretty much immediately. This does put new players at a disadvantage initially, as they will be be slower to move around and farm efficiently, however this is temporary. Because prices are high, they will still be able to farm up herbs.......

Just going to stop you right here... this ‘farming’ you are suggesting is going to be easy for newer/returning players isn’t there. If you don’t have epic flying in a world where 90% of the people around you have epic flying you aren’t just going to farm up things all willy nilly like in classic where you can instance farm mats yourself.

Sure they will get their epic flyer probably sooner than they would with a gold wipe, but that doesn’t mean they are really participating in the market at all. Transitioning into a fresh economy is much more friendly for everyone. I don’t feel the need to go into massive detail with these things as I already have numerous times in this thread. Specifically to you actually so there’s no need.

Why should people get their gold wiped or anything else that they earned by playing all this time?If people played for few months or how ever long and now think "yeh im behind from the people that played since day one and continued to play"so lets wipe their gold so we are on equal grounds....How is that fair in anyway?Why would you even catter to the casuals,they are not the ones keeping the game alive.It's the people that actually play the game,farm all kinda stuff and raid at the end of the day."I'll do few dungeons,try raid and then ill quit"those people can just get lost.If you want same things as those who earned their gear/gold then do the same thing and earn it....

Quote Originally Posted by FakePizza View Post
    Why should people get their gold wiped or anything else that they earned by playing all this time?If people played for few months or how ever long and now think "yeh im behind from the people that played since day one and continued to play"so lets wipe their gold so we are on equal grounds....How is that fair in anyway?Why would you even catter to the casuals,they are not the ones keeping the game alive.It's the people that actually play the game,farm all kinda stuff and raid at the end of the day."I'll do few dungeons,try raid and then ill quit"those people can just get lost.If you want same things as those who earned their gear/gold then do the same thing and earn it....
    I agree with some of that, but I don't agree that raiders are the ones that keep the game alive. They are the minority. The casuals keep the game alive by subbing in mass. Without mass casual subs, there is no business incentive. So this why this dilemma exists. We want to keep both crowds, the casuals and the raiders. The question and the point of this thread is, what is the best way to do so?

Best way is to do what they always done with each new expansion.CONTINUE where we all left off,no wiping of anything.If you want something earn it.I dont get how did this topic even start.Not once did they wipe peoples gold and for some reason it has be to done now?...This whole "he has 100k and i got nothing /cry" should just be ignored."hey you started to save money over a year ago and i just started to do it,so we gonna take that away so we get on equal grounds""hey you trained for over a year and i just started,so i gonna hit you bunch of times with baseball bat on your knees,so you know.We get on equal grounds"...kek...bruh...People should just stop crying and leave peoples gold alone and play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I agree with some of that, but I don't agree that raiders are the ones that keep the game alive. They are the minority. The casuals keep the game alive by subbing in mass. Without mass casual subs, there is no business incentive. So this why this dilemma exists. We want to keep both crowds, the casuals and the raiders. The question and the point of this thread is, what is the best way to do so?
    Oh. No. This used to be true in vanilla but it's no longer true now. Over half(significantly over half) of the people in classic right now have raided ony/mc/bwl. Raiding is a much bigger deal in classic than it was in vanilla. Raiding drives the economy like nothing else in the world. All you have to do is see how the prices on consumables spiked in the first week of Naxx to see that there is a massive market for raiding.

Over half(significantly over half) of the people in classic right now have raided ony/mc/bwl.
    I agree with that but only because you added the bolded part. If you had said "over half of all classic wow players have raided onymcbwl, AND if it was true, then you might be on to something. I still think most subscribers that played Classic are no longer playing Classic, and haven't played for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I agree with that but only because you added the bolded part. If you had said "over half of all classic wow players have raided onymcbwl, AND if it was true, then you might be on to something. I still think most subscribers that played Classic are no longer playing Classic, and haven't played for quite some time.
    Completely agree with this. Also, there are a lot of people who didn’t raid in classic that may want to raid in tbc. And these barriers will make it even harder imo to get into raiding if they want to try it, especially with how strict most groups are with raiding these days.

Need gear and gems/enchants to get into raid > need mats to get gear/gems/enchants > need to be able to buy these things from the ah or fight for your life to gather these things in highly contested areas > realize the work to even step foot may just be too much to keep interest.

So here's the question: Should Blizzard destroy the work of the people who are playing right now, on the off chance that people who aren't playing right now might come play in TBC? In my opinion, no. People who are playing right now are their audience. Wiping their effort is a good way to alienate a LOT of people, and they don't want to do that.