Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muffinss View Post
    there has never been skill in arena. its always been playing the flavor of the month spec / class along with the flavor of the month comp. just look at this thread alone. people telling you to que with a restro shaman because they're the best healer spec.

maybe there's skill when you're facing the same flavor of the month spec / class + comp with "who presses the i win button" first but ultimately there's never really been any skill required at all. unless you count reading the screen and paying attention a "skill." maybe to some that are challenged mentally but for most, that isn't a skill. that's common sense. those that scream skill just use it as a guise. they want to think they're "gud" because they play the current flavor. they like feeling like a god. no skill required and everyone treats them as if they "got gud." then get to walk around shunning other people who are struggling because they bought into blizzards mantra of "playing what you enjoy." there are specs, classes, and comps that will actually struggle to even reach 1400. doesn't matter how much "skill" you got, you will never break X.

this is why i believed blizzard should remove arena all together. only rated battlegrounds actually heavily depends on skill. arena is just a flavor of the month / expansion game.
    I assume you stepped unto some unranked arenas died and then determined any one who beats you is just unskilled and and using OP classes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post

Hunters also do like 20k+ damage in 2 seconds from stealth, so something to take a look at there too.
    I literally wouldn't be playing a Hunter in PVP if it wasn't for Sniper Shot and Camouflage.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidisko View Post
    I love this expansion so much. yet the most important thing to me the PVP arenas are so bad.

Dungeons - Love it
    Raid - AMAZING
    World pvp, world quest . zones - best experience ever
    Arenas - .....

Why it is taking blizzard so much time for fixing this? Rogues took 1 weeks to get fixed, yet now nothing is getting balanced at all.

Blizzard mentioned covenant abilities should be addition, NOT the game breaking spells.

few examples.

DH - The hunt - 15-20 K one shot
    Convoke - One shot

I play 2.2k resto shaman yet i cant get from 1600 Rating due to the comps and insta kills im getting. Blizzard nerfed rogues, guess what happens? Every 2nd arena is Arms warrior and WW monk. I cant play stand that i use all my skills to play the arena properly and some noob just pop cds and insta kill me.

The argument they are using is that are following.

Wait till you get better gear, more versa, more HP. - im 200 Ilvl with 24 % versa.
    Wait till you unlock more conduits blablabal

Why i should be punished as others OP classes are getting 2k rating and better gear?

So much dissapoitment and disgust with arenas.
    This is probably just cry forum as i cant take this longer.
    1. the hunt is not a 1 shot, in what world is the hunt doing 15-20k?
    2. convoke is also not 1 shot, it has a fairly long channel time which can easily be intterupted, and also you can cheese it by for example having 2 players near eachother will make it hit both targets usually with weaker spells, then focused all on 1, or you could just stun, kick, silence, etc. so even if you yourself are unable to stop it, your ally can stop it, or interfere by getting into range of it to soak it, and get the druids convoke casting some shid aoe.

what is your ilvl?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    If you can't react within 4 seconds, you are very bad at PvP in WoW.
    to be fair sometimes you cant react, stunned or silenced, rooted etc, especialy since its druids they love to do their "Entanglign roots solarbeam" combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Same thing as usual. Everyone is OP except for the class YOU play

Generally I think arena is OK right now with some classes performing a little too good compared to others.
    Some more damage and off-heal tuning for certain specs and this could be a really great season.

Also fix the 550 conquest cap. Its dumb because it forces PVPers into PVE to be competitive in PVP...

How do u not grounding the convoke

I love this expansion so much. yet the most important thing to me the PVP arenas are so bad.

Dungeons - Love it
    Raid - AMAZING
    World pvp, world quest . zones - best experience ever
    Arenas - .....

Why it is taking blizzard so much time for fixing this? Rogues took 1 weeks to get fixed, yet now nothing is getting balanced at all.

Blizzard mentioned covenant abilities should be addition, NOT the game breaking spells.

few examples.

DH - The hunt - 15-20 K one shot
    Convoke - One shot

I play 2.2k resto shaman yet i cant get from 1600 Rating due to the comps and insta kills im getting. Blizzard nerfed rogues, guess what happens? Every 2nd arena is Arms warrior and WW monk. I cant play stand that i use all my skills to play the arena properly and some noob just pop cds and insta kill me.

The argument they are using is that are following.

Wait till you get better gear, more versa, more HP. - im 200 Ilvl with 24 % versa.
    Wait till you unlock more conduits blablabal

Why i should be punished as others OP classes are getting 2k rating and better gear?

So much dissapoitment and disgust with arenas.
    This is probably just cry forum as i cant take this longer.
    Arena has been trash ever since they introduced them in BC. Moreoever, MMO pvp in general is just a trashy imbalanced mess in any game; it's one of the main reasons MMOs being developed is in decline. People that want to be competitive and do ESports don't play MMOs, there's no money in it; Blizzard tried to push for it in WoW but it failed at taking traction, all it did was shine a big spotlight on how janky MMO PvP is. The alternatives to PvP in WoW are amazing, this game just isn't worth the headache and disappointment if competition is what you are after, the only thing you can do is chase flavor of the month to have fun in WoW. Sad Truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    How do u not grounding the convoke
    Wouldn't Grounding only affect 1 of the 16 spells?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidX View Post
    -- snip --
    Wtf is this season? Its just all about oneshot
    Sorry mate, i had to giggle at this one.
    "Holinka, the great UnPrUnEr" is back into saddle.

"Oneshot builds" describe perfectly his previous history in WoW PvP.

I'd much rather have pvp be insanely lethal than having dampening strategies exist, given the choice. Just lose, requeue, and get on with your life. No long games!

If you can't react within 4 seconds, you are very bad at PvP in WoW.
    Its not within 4 seconds though, if it was 4 seconds it would be ok. But if you get unlucky you can die within 1 second, and if you are caught on global or at range in some classes that can just be GG. Which is just BS.

Retarded Prot Pala + Retarded 3xConvoke Boomie in a 5+ minute game at 1800+ mmr just this evening.

How can someone defend these comps is beyond me. Basically a prot pala is a disc priest ++ atm. Same healing, 3x dmg, go figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meowtwo View Post
    Its not within 4 seconds though, if it was 4 seconds it would be ok. But if you get unlucky you can die within 1 second, and if you are caught on global or at range in some classes that can just be GG. Which is just BS.
    The whole point is you're supposed to be paying attention to the comp matchup and already have a plan in place for dealing with Convoke before the arena doors even open (since you can see the class+specs you're up against). I'm trying to think of a comp that can't counter Convoke, and literally nothing comes to mind.

You can get really unlucky and die in 1 second, but the chances of that are extremely low.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2021-01-01 at 11:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

The whole point is you're supposed to be paying attention to the comp matchup and already have a plan in place for dealing with Convoke before the arena doors even open (since you can see the class+specs you're up against). I'm trying to think of a comp that can't counter Convoke, and literally nothing comes to mind.

You can get really unlucky and die in 1 second, but the chances of that are extremely low.
    Low yeah, but not 0. Which is the problem. And not any melee can just gapclose instantly. I have died multiple times on survival hunter in the time it took to harpoon over, not to mention on my ret on which stopping is pretty much impossible (i.e freedom the root or slow, steed, get into range - takes at least 2 seconds, gg).

Its dumb design that the entire spec seems to resolve around this entire spell.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. the hunt is not a 1 shot, in what world is the hunt doing 15-20k?
    2. convoke is also not 1 shot, it has a fairly long channel time which can easily be intterupted, and also you can cheese it by for example having 2 players near eachother will make it hit both targets usually with weaker spells, then focused all on 1, or you could just stun, kick, silence, etc. so even if you yourself are unable to stop it, your ally can stop it, or interfere by getting into range of it to soak it, and get the druids convoke casting some shid aoe.

what is your ilvl?

- - - Updated - - -

to be fair sometimes you cant react, stunned or silenced, rooted etc, especialy since its druids they love to do their "Entanglign roots solarbeam" combo.
    What are you talking about? The huny alrdy hit me several time for 15k. 205 ilvl rogue with 25% vers here. But i dont care, dh is easy.

Rated pvp is super fun now. The fact that you have problems adjusting to a faster phase, doesn't mean arenas are bad. Yes, some classes/specs needs some changes, but you actually play one of the strongest specs atm. If you fail to push rating with a resto shaman now, you are playing far from "properly".

Players complain waaay too much. It's so sad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solero View Post
    What are you talking about? The huny alrdy hit me several time for 15k. 205 ilvl rogue with 25% vers here. But i dont care, dh is easy.
    show me a picture of you in arenas getting hit for 15k with a single "the hunt" cast. show me

learn how to adapt.
    Idk why people like you are so surprised...it was clear from the beginning of beta that there is no way pvp will be "balanced". Like if it ever really was in this game. If it is just a big deal for you better quit, because it won't change much.

show me a picture of you in arenas getting hit for 15k with a single "the hunt" cast. show me
    You do not believe me? It happends 2 days ago twice to me one for 15k and second for 18 k, im 207 ilvl resto sham.

But if happen again, i will do a sceeenshot and upload here ok?

7+ Year Old Account
    You do not believe me? It happends 2 days ago twice to me one for 15k and second for 18 k, im 207 ilvl resto sham.

But if happen again, i will do a sceeenshot and upload here ok?
    no i do not believe you, cause its the same as saying chaos bolt hits 25k.

no i do not believe you, cause its the same as saying chaos bolt hits 25k.
    If you scroll up you see post from Sorelo who is saying same thing, he got hit severak times for 16k, so you think i createe this forum only to lie? Sorry i have better things to do.

Btw my main is lock and most i did with chaos bolt was around 18k