Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not sure if you are still giving this game the chance after it reached blow out levels, but Stidham is not even moving the ball against the Bills back ups. Clearly he's not an upgrade from Cam Newton, no matter how much parts of the fan base want him to be.
    I stopped watching before they put him in, guess he actually is that bad. Andy Dalton was probably the only actual option they had at QB, and even his 3 mill contract might have been too much. Bill had to know that and just assume this year was a wash for them, especially after the opt-outs on defense.

They can always trade for Drew Lock, I'm sure McDaniels would really like having a back alley knockoff version of Cutler when he hated the real one.

Oh yeah!!!

You know what I'm hoping for.

I'm hoping for a Giants and Eagles win. Why? So we can have a 6-10 team make the playoffs!

Idk how can the Giants win against Dallas.

They also drafted the worst OT in the first round, all other OT like Becton, Wirfs, Wills are better, and the Dolphins second-round pick is better as well

Not sure if you are still giving this game the chance after it reached blow out levels, but Stidham is not even moving the ball against the Bills back ups. Clearly he's not an upgrade from Cam Newton, no matter how much parts of the fan base want him to be.

I figured in the off season that Bill had something in him when he didn;t sign a QB. It was pretty obvious from training camp onwards though that Bill had brought in Cam cause he didn't feel Stidham was going to be anywhere near good enough, and that he had (at that moment) just not had the cap space to bring in meaningful upgrades at QB.

Going to be the offseason of Bill's career to turn what he has in this roster and the draft picks and the cap space, into a team that can compete again. I honestly think we are a season away at least though. We need a QB and it makes the most sense to go with a young one, and a young QB will have to learn a complex offensive system. That's not going to go that well starting year 1.

But, we will see. Would not surprise me if Bill brought in Stafford or Matt Ryan or Fitzpatrick as a veteran main option to hold the fort till whatever rookie we get is ready.
    The problem is the Pats are going to end up picking in the middle of the first round, which is essentially purgatory. Bad, but not bad enough to snag a franchise QB. Unless Bill can swing a trade up, they’re looking at either hoping someone falls to them or taking a shot and reaching on someone like Mac Jones(who I’ve seen in mocks going to NE, and I genuinely think is a mistake that high).

The Pats best bet is either try again with a veteran and draft a weapon or stick Stidham out there next year and hope to bottom out.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    The problem is the Pats are going to end up picking in the middle of the first round, which is essentially purgatory. Bad, but not bad enough to snag a franchise QB. Unless Bill can swing a trade up, they’re looking at either hoping someone falls to them or taking a shot and reaching on someone like Mac Jones(who I’ve seen in mocks going to NE, and I genuinely think is a mistake that high).

The Pats best bet is either try again with a veteran and draft a weapon or stick Stidham out there next year and hope to bottom out.
    Let's be honest the Pats are going to be in the free agent/trade market more than the draft market. Dalton is probably the obvious name but I wouldn't be surprised if they made a play at Cousins or Garoppolo.

They don't need to be great at QB they just need someone that isn't an active liability and then trust Belichick/McDaniels to work their usual magic.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Pats have 51m in cap next year, this whole year was because they couldn't sign anyone besides Cam for $1m. Bill actually had a really good answer for that, they sold out to go to like, 4 Super Bowls in 6 years, win like 3 of them, and go to another AFC Championship. And this is kind of the price you pay when you go all in like that. If Bill-The-GM can, yanno, draft well (not a given, he hasn't in a few years), they should be okay. And then pick up some key FAs.

Of course, in re: those few years of going "all-in" I don't really know who they were putting big money on. Tom played at a discount, there were no superstars on the roster....maybe Gilmore, who they paid pretty big when they took him from us in Buffalo?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Pats have 51m in cap next year, this whole year was because they couldn't sign anyone besides Cam for $1m. Bill actually had a really good answer for that, they sold out to go to like, 4 Super Bowls in 6 years, win like 3 of them, and go to another AFC Championship. And this is kind of the price you pay when you go all in like that. If Bill-The-GM can, yanno, draft well (not a given, he hasn't in a few years), they should be okay. And then pick up some key FAs.

Of course, in re: those few years of going "all-in" I don't really know who they were putting big money on. Tom played at a discount, there were no superstars on the roster....maybe Gilmore, who they paid pretty big when they took him from us in Buffalo?
    They had roughly half of their cap space before opt-outs spent on 5 players and people not even on the roster (30 mill in dead cap is a ton). Not having a decent amount of players on rookie contracts kind of screws you with how much some positions make even for mediocre production now.

Bills are allowing fans for the first time this year, for the wild card round. 6700 (roughly 10%) fans, who have to have a negative test within the previous 72 hours, based on STH seniority. Rumor is I won't get tickets even though my family have been STHs since 1990.....that's how many STHs of over 30+ years there are.

Tailgating is banned. That should go well.

8k people showed up at the airport last Sunday when we clinched the division and were jumping through tables, with no social distancing and many without masks. Not sure how this is going to work.

Governor Cuomo is getting tested and will be at the game too (he's a long stated Bills fan despite being associated with downstate), so I imagine there might be some political action around the game as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Packers get Snacks Harrison off waivers. I believe he was an offseason target for them, hopefully helps boost their run defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird. He told Pete, or at least Pete told us that hes done with football.

Fitzpatrick tested positive for covid, and that pretty much eliminates the Dolphin's chance of making the playoffs.

I saw there has been 75 (or something around there) different QBs to attempt a pass this year, and there will be at least one more added this week. That seems a little high, but it could just be because the Broncos, Cowboys and Washington are 12 of those by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Fitzpatrick tested positive for covid, and that pretty much eliminates the Dolphin's chance of making the playoffs.

I saw there has been 75 (or something around there) different QBs to attempt a pass this year, and there will be at least one more added this week. That seems a little high, but it could just be because the Broncos, Cowboys and Washington are 12 of those by themselves.
    They're playing us, and we might rest all our starters, since the Steelers announced that like 6 key starters aren't playing on Sunday.

But then again, Josh Allen is 40 yards from a single season Bills record. And I'm sure Diggs wants to ensure he's the league leader in receptions/yards. He's like 50 yards from a 1500 yard season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wasn’t tua starting anyway? I thought after the dolphins won the coach immediately said tua was still the starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Wasn’t tua starting anyway? I thought after the dolphins won the coach immediately said tua was still the starter
    He did but his leash is hilariously short. Now he's gonna have to play all 4 quarters instead of 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tua is the starter, Fitzpatrick is the closer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bahktiari tore something in practice and is probably done. That’ll be a big “what could’ve been” thing if packers flounder.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bahktiari tore something in practice and is probably done. That’ll be a big “what could’ve been” thing if packers flounder.
    If he's their only OLineman out they should be able to get through fine. I know they drafted a rookie who looks like he could be a starter on the line for them already.

Also, Kamara got COVID. Probably won't change anything this week, but if he misses their Wild Card game it could be bad for the Saints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    if he misses their Wild Card game it could be bad for the Saints.
    The tricky thing is, if the Saints do not get the no.1 seed, and Kamara tests asymptomatic then he CAN return for the Sunday play game, but not if the game is on Saturday. Could be a huge swing.

And seemingly Saints won't even get the luxury of playing NFC east winner, therefore I'd see them going down one&done unless they get Kamara back. Bugger for the team.

15+ Year Old Account
    The tricky thing is, if the Saints do not get the no.1 seed, and Kamara tests asymptomatic then he CAN return for the Sunday play game, but not if the game is on Saturday. Could be a huge swing.
    They can’t get the top seed, they lost to the packers.

NVM didn't realize seahawks were also 11-4.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-01-02 at 12:56 PM.