Poll: Do you believe Tyrande or Baine was right?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Killed so we didn't have WOD.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

5+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh should have never even survived the final battle of SoO. His demise should have been at the players hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    He didn't open the portal to Draenor but he did help form the Iron Horde and open a portal to Azeroth. And if you want to go further with Gul'dan then you can blame Grommash for not killing him after slaying Mannoroth.
    Yep, like I said you can blame him for the iron horde. But the alternate timeline and a new freed Guldan is on the hero.
    If you want to go further it's on the titan fault for giving time power to dragons, or night elves for calling the legion the first time, or Elune for empowering night elves so they could make their empire.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2020-12-31 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Yep, like I said you can blame him for the iron horde. But the alternate timeline and a new freed Guldan is on the hero.
    You can't blame the hero when they were in a race against the clock. They had to disable the portal and get out. Killing Gul'dan could either prove to take too long and end up overwhelmed or he'll kill us instead.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You can't blame the hero when they were in a race against the clock. They had to disable the portal and get out. Killing Gul'dan could either prove to take too long and end up overwhelmed or he'll kill us instead.
    Ho I can totally blame the hero.
    Hey is that one of the most dangerous and powerfull guy linked to the legion that ever existed incapicitated over here ? Let's free him, I'm in a hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I hoped that in WoD we had a fight between Varian and Garrosh during the final assault in Grommash'ar.

With Varian tired after fighting to get to him, Garrosh has the upper hand but before he can strike him down, an arrow appears in his chest.
    Falling to his knees the orc looks around and sees Vol'jin, looking down on him.

He tries to stand up and run towards the troll but is beheaded/impaled by Varian

But no. We had both faction leaders go to Draenor and be like "Sure, build ships, whatevs"
    I feel Sylvanas is going to be the same way.

Everyone has their opinions on which NPC should get the kill - Tyrande, Jaina, Genn, Baine etc. etc. and Blizzard knows this just like they knew everyone had their idea who should kill Garrosh. They will probably give it to nobody and instead involve some plot-twist that keeps her alive or redeemed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I feel Sylvanas is going to be the same way.

Everyone has their opinions on which NPC should get the kill - Tyrande, Jaina, Genn, Baine etc. etc. and Blizzard knows this just like they knew everyone had their idea who should kill Garrosh. They will probably give it to nobody and instead involve some plot-twist that keeps her alive or redeemed.
    We know it's going to be Tyrande hunting her down and the kill will probably go to Jaina because reason
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Killing Garrosh would have spared us WoD and BFA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh was right: The trial was a sham

That said, Varian was wrong in stopping Thrall. It ended up with the Legion killing him
    It's a sham in the same way the Nuremburg trials were a sham in relation to SS officers (i.e.: to be explicit, this is to say that it was not a sham). The purpose of the trial was to evaluate Garrosh's guilt and review potential mitigating circumstances for his actions, and that is what it did. That Garrosh blatantly committed the crimes he was accused of and had no regret nor intention of reforming (note: he proceeded to prove his inability to change) does not make the trial a sham.

To criticize the book a bit, the fact that the defense had to rely so heavily on incredibly poor argumentation (i.e.: that he deserves a chance to change) just shows how bad the writing in the book was. There was no valid defense of his genocide. What Blizzard did was create self-righteous caricatures who would prefer to allow unrepentant evil to exist rather than dealing with the problem in an effective manner. It's seeping with "wisdom" espoused by characters that are, all things considered, obviously idiots.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    He was a fool who dabbled in powers he could not comprehend, and as a result of his incompetence Azeroth almost fell to Y'Shaarj. He can rot in Hell.
    And as a result of Allerias incompetence, the sunwell almost fell to the void. She can rot in the maw

3+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin should have killed him; he seemed to have forgotten his own warriors and civilians got the Theramore Citizen treatment down in Orgrimmar
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    The purpose of the trial was to evaluate Garrosh's guilt and review potential mitigating circumstances for his actions, and that is what it did. That Garrosh blatantly committed the crimes he was accused of and had no regret nor intention of reforming (note: he proceeded to prove his inability to change) does not make the trial a sham.
    There was no point in hoding a trial. They should've just killed him in Orgrimmar
    Sure, the metanarrative required him to live so he could travel to AU Draenor and all that. But good lord, come up with literally anything else.

Kairoz could've just appeared in the Underhold and rescue him or anything

The Darkspear were being executed on the streets. Theramore was destroyed
    But the Pandaren claim to have suffered the most? lol, no
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    There was no point in hoding a trial. They should've just killed him in Orgrimmar
    Sure, the metanarrative required him to live so he could travel to AU Draenor and all that. But good lord, come up with literally anything else.

Kairoz could've just appeared in the Underhold and rescue him or anything

The Darkspear were being executed on the streets. Theramore was destroyed
    But the Pandaren claim to have suffered the most? lol, no
    The problem is that, in this circumstance, the trial is still not a sham. You could argue that it's simply symbolic (i.e.: simply an affirmation of how bad Garrosh is before he is executed), but the trial served it's purpose. Whether there are out-of-lore reasons for his trial is irrelevant.

Regarding the Pandaren having suffered the most, I'm with you. It's never really conveyed to us that the Pandaren are suffering more from the war than anyone else; however, I think it could be construed as the Pandaren being pulled into the war was being pinned on Garrosh (i.e.: so all of the problems with the Sha, the division within the Pandaren, etc., were being put onto Garrosh). Though this was never represented in-game, and would be a bit of a stretch, so it's a difficult sell.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

I don't think so but I do think he's going to become the new leader of Ravendreth or at least one of them alongside kael'thas. if there's one thing I know all these zones need new blood because they've been run by the same dick heads forever.

3+ Year Old Account
    Nah, how about we go back in time and just leave him in Nagrand? There'd be no wars or anything really lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.