Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am now getting level 60 missions, but keep getting new level 1 followers that drop my troops down, and they are now level 20. I no longer get any exp missions because I have done so much of the campaign. I can't really do any of the missions I get now. The adventure table is basically dead to me. Unfortunate system lol

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    I am now getting level 60 missions, but keep getting new level 1 followers that drop my troops down, and they are now level 20. I no longer get any exp missions because I have done so much of the campaign. I can't really do any of the missions I get now. The adventure table is basically dead to me. Unfortunate system lol
    Just send your champions on Elite missions way out of their league. You'll still get over 1000 exp and will keep leveling them.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Every now and then I see someone comment on adventures (you know, the shadowlands mission table) to the tune of "some of the higher missions are hard" or "do the campaign," or "this covenant is undertuned for adventures" and I'm wondering if I just saw something no one else did. That's highly unlikely.

I can't make myself spend anima on upgrading the table beyond the base level, nor doing anything else with it beyond "spend 10-14, get 30" for 1-3 4-hour missions at a time on four different characters. For alts whose renown steps I don't get to for a few days after reset, their anima gathering is half done by the time I get to them (because all 30 will count toward the quest despite what I paid for the team). Like I passively get 150 points of progress per day per character just... being at work with my phone.

Am I missing something? Is there a breakthrough where the anima income surpasses the multi-digit costs of upgrading the table or rolling the dice on doing other missions where the drip is guaranteed? All the covenants can do the anima drip, even just having one named character lead 3-4 minions. I figured this was the... "default" use of the table. Am I way off base here?
    Soul ash missions

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    Just send your champions on Elite missions way out of their league. You'll still get over 1000 exp and will keep leveling them.
    Will try this, thank you

Your new level 1 followers do not drop your troops down at all. They are the median of all your followers so they will stay the same until your median hits higher. Unless you keep your followers at 1 they won't level down.

For instance I have a 30, 30, 30, 28, 27, 27, 25, 25, 18 so my median /troop level is 27. If I get 2 new followers and they stay at 1 then my median / troop stays at 27. If I get a 3rd follower only then will it lower and go to 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Your new level 1 followers do not drop your troops down at all. They are the median of all your followers so they will stay the same until your median hits higher. Unless you keep your followers at 1 they won't level down.

For instance I have a 30, 30, 30, 28, 27, 27, 25, 25, 18 so my median /troop level is 27. If I get 2 new followers and they stay at 1 then my median / troop stays at 27. If I get a 3rd follower only then will it lower and go to 26.
    If the median of my followers changes after I acquire a new level 1 follower, then it will drop the level of my troops, which in my case dropped them 7 levels. It's not a great system

If the median of my followers changes after I acquire a new level 1 follower, then it will drop the level of my troops, which in my case dropped them 7 levels. It's not a great system
    What are your follower levels? Dropping 7 levels indicates you aren't leveling most of them. Even if you had a follower at 30 and 28 getting a 3rd would only drop it one. Getting another level 1 so that you are now at 30 / 28 / 1 / 1 would drop it from 28 to 14.5 and if you are 30 / 28 / 1 / 14 then that would be a 7 level drop. After that the drop is a lot less each time unless again you aren't leveling them.

Yeah, can't even be bothered to do them.
    There is no real reward from them at all. Kind of a theme in Shadowlands really - No rewards for doing just about anything.

That doesn't make sense at all. You can't be on Level 36 Campaign Progress. Most people just hit 16 the other day and that was Night Fae who are OP atm. Being Level 36 means you would have already gotten all 4 mounts.

Secondly, at Level 16 Campaign Progress missions give either 60 Anima (12x5), 70 (2x35) or 105 (3x35). I haven't seen/heard any giving 16 of the 5 Anima tokens. Also, Kyrian/Venthyr wouldn't be able to get that high at all since most of the missions they can do have to be the same level the followers are and even then they struggle and mostly have to do ones where they overlevel it.

This script will tell you how many of the Adventure Campaign Progress you have:

/script print(C_CurrencyInfo.GetCurrencyInfo(1889).quantity)

That or if you have the addon Venture Plan it will tell you in the upper right.
    I used your script. All my followers are 24-28 and I'm only 4 in cause I keep failing. #justkyrianthings lol
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I used your script. All my followers are 24-28 and I'm only 4 in cause I keep failing. #justkyrianthings lol
    Yeah Kyrian are really low and Venthyr too (though I think I heard they were just barely above). My people are essentially 26-30 and I'm at 6 and trying to do a 7th usually results in a fail (according to the addon not the WA; which has been pretty accurate for me so far). The other thing is to make sure you don't go too high or you screw yourself on a lot of fails.

7+ Year Old Account
    Every now and then I see someone comment on adventures (you know, the shadowlands mission table) to the tune of "some of the higher missions are hard" or "do the campaign," or "this covenant is undertuned for adventures" and I'm wondering if I just saw something no one else did. That's highly unlikely.

I can't make myself spend anima on upgrading the table beyond the base level, nor doing anything else with it beyond "spend 10-14, get 30" for 1-3 4-hour missions at a time on four different characters. For alts whose renown steps I don't get to for a few days after reset, their anima gathering is half done by the time I get to them (because all 30 will count toward the quest despite what I paid for the team). Like I passively get 150 points of progress per day per character just... being at work with my phone.

Am I missing something? Is there a breakthrough where the anima income surpasses the multi-digit costs of upgrading the table or rolling the dice on doing other missions where the drip is guaranteed? All the covenants can do the anima drip, even just having one named character lead 3-4 minions. I figured this was the... "default" use of the table. Am I way off base here?
    as you upgrade the table you eventually start getting 100 anima or more a mission, plus also you know, pets, mounts, reputation, soul ash, augment runes, crafting materials, covenent items, stygia, and other items.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    as you upgrade the table you eventually start getting 100 anima or more a mission, plus also you know, pets, mounts, reputation, soul ash, augment runes, crafting materials, covenent items, stygia, and other items.
    Just so we're all speaking the same language: By "upgrade the table" you mean advance the "campaign" of table missions, not the renown campaign but the mission table campaign, right?

Spamming every single mission just to level your followers is a bad use of Anima. Instead you should focus purely on anima reward, xp, soul ash, campaign missions. If you farm WQ regularly and have Anima to spare then the gold and tradeskills missions can be very lucrative.

Should you prioritize the mission table upgrades? No. But once the rest of the covenant is upgraded there's literally nothing to spend anima on except cosmetics and missions. So it's really not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frai85 View Post
    Spamming every single mission just to level your followers is a bad use of Anima. Instead you should focus purely on anima reward, xp, soul ash, campaign missions. If you farm WQ regularly and have Anima to spare then the gold and tradeskills missions can be very lucrative.

Should you prioritize the mission table upgrades? No. But once the rest of the covenant is upgraded there's literally nothing to spend anima on except cosmetics and missions. So it's really not a big deal.
    You don't seem to be very far in. At some point the EXP missions completely stop and you'll only get elite missions way above your level that you can't possibly complete with anyone but your best party. At that point there is no other way to level anyone else but spam unwinnable missions.

You don't seem to be very far in. At some point the EXP missions completely stop and you'll only get elite missions way above your level that you can't possibly complete with anyone but your best party. At that point there is no other way to level anyone else but spam unwinnable missions.
    Ok, so, again, I'm making this thread with a sense of "once I commit I'm screwed," so I see a post like this and my interest in doing the mission table campaign takes a hit.

By "only get elite missions," am I to understand that when the anima missions upgrade, they also become something I can't just throw a low level guy and a bunch of spammable minions at to turn even a "double your investment" profit?

Like, the lowest level of anima missions aint much, but they're a guarantee: any named character can lead a pack of minions and get 30 for the cost of 14, with all 30 points counting for the weekly. That's at least something. If that dynamic ever winks out of existence, it's not worth progressing the campaign, at all, full stop.

I can get mounts and pets next expansion. If the campaign kills the ability for the table to profit anima, it's not worth it.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2021-01-02 at 03:01 AM.

Adventures can reward soul ash. Soul ash is currently a very tightly limited resource. By the time it isn't, you'll have multiple upgrades of everything. That said, I still don't think the table is worth upgrading.

Ok, so, again, I'm making this thread with a sense of "once I commit I'm screwed," so I see a post like this and my interest in doing the mission table campaign takes a hit.

By "only get elite missions," am I to understand that when the anima missions upgrade, they also become something I can't just throw a low level guy and a bunch of spammable minions at to turn even a "double your investment" profit?

Like, the lowest level of anima missions aint much, but they're a guarantee: any named character can lead a pack of minions and get 30 for the cost of 14, with all 30 points counting for the weekly. That's at least something. If that dynamic ever winks out of existence, it's not worth progressing the campaign, at all, full stop.

I can get mounts and pets next expansion. If the campaign kills the ability for the table to profit anima, it's not worth it.
    So, my highest follower is 35, my lowest 14. The lowest mission is 37 and the highest 51 (and I'm also getting the level 60 mount missions). The 37 mission is an exception though, most of my missions are around level 50.

99% of my missions are absolutely impossible with anyone but my 5 best champions. They are actually harder than the Soul Ash missions, and I really don't get why. The level 37 mission has 9275 HP and 600 ATK. This one kind of works if I throw my two best champions and some troops at it. But it absolutely can not be beaten with anyone below. And then there are the level 50 missions. I have three right now with these stats:
    - 13750 HP, 635 ATK
    - 14840 HP, 962 ATK
    - 13920 HP, 1146 ATK

They are completely and utterly impossible. They cannot be beaten by my best team, as I get to 7150 HP and 982 ATK. And I have even worse news for you - I'm Necrolord. If you're Kyrian or Venthyr you probably won't even be able to do this at level 60.

So no, I can definitely not throw some low followers at the anima missions. This one would give 12x5 anima:

And this one would give 2x35 anima:

The second one isn't even elite, just a regular level 49 mission. And it is completely impossible. If you want anima, don't do the adventure missions that get you "better rewards". They simultaneously increase the difficulty to impossible levels.
    Last edited by Masternap; 2021-01-02 at 03:33 AM.

Yeah Kyrian are really low and Venthyr too (though I think I heard they were just barely above). My people are essentially 26-30 and I'm at 6 and trying to do a 7th usually results in a fail (according to the addon not the WA; which has been pretty accurate for me so far). The other thing is to make sure you don't go too high or you screw yourself on a lot of fails.
    Don't go too high? My guys are 24-28 and they're getting whalloped by level 20 elite missions.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

So, my highest follower is 35, my lowest 14. The lowest mission is 37 and the highest 51 (and I'm also getting the level 60 mount missions). The 37 mission is an exception though, most of my missions are around level 50.

99% of my missions are absolutely impossible with anyone but my 5 best champions. They are actually harder than the Soul Ash missions, and I really don't get why. The level 37 mission has 9275 HP and 600 ATK. This one kind of works if I throw my two best champions and some troops at it. But it absolutely can not be beaten with anyone below. And then there are the level 50 missions. I have three right now with these stats:
    - 13750 HP, 635 ATK
    - 14840 HP, 962 ATK
    - 13920 HP, 1146 ATK

They are completely and utterly impossible. They cannot be beaten by my best team, as I get to 7150 HP and 982 ATK. And I have even worse news for you - I'm Necrolord. If you're Kyrian or Venthyr you probably won't even be able to do this at level 60.

So no, I can definitely not throw some low followers at the anima missions. This one would give 12x5 anima:

And this one would give 2x35 anima:

The second one isn't even elite, just a regular level 49 mission. And it is completely impossible. If you want anima, don't do the adventure missions that get you "better rewards". They simultaneously increase the difficulty to impossible levels.
    And there we have it: the response I started the thread for.

I will not be touching anything but the anima drip, at its lowest level, while this expansion is relevant. I'll get the mounts later, but I need my guaranteed anima drip.

Thank you.

If you're not referring to anima rewards (and by the rest of your post, you perhaps aren't, even 24 campaign quests in), is it steep enough an increase to justify all that anima spent off the "path of the drip?"

Like if I have to spend a thousand dollars just to end the sweet if piddly daily deal of "give me 5 bucks I'll give you 10," that's gotta be a big upgrade to that deal to be worth it, you know?
    You really don’t even have to upgrade the table pass level one dude like it’s a non-issue for most of the players

All it does is short in duration of the missions and heal your characters faster you don’t have to upgrade it personally I would upgrade the conductor first because that gives you shit ton of anima