Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
    Yet another smol update: the Distraught Child (draenei) and additional quotes for the Battered Farmer (human). These two are the most brutal cases. @_@
    How funny they don't want to defy "fate" when it comes to other souls but are happy to break their own rules to save their own asses (the Shadowlands). Maybe their own fate is to get squished by Jailer's buttcheeks, hmm? Why not accept it?
    Last edited by bagina; 2020-12-31 at 06:49 PM.

Ancient Naaru:

"This is incorrect. We must not ferry souls who bear ties to other forces. Correct. Souls with sufficiently strong ties to other cosmic forces must be allowed to return."

This confirms my brilliant hypothesis that the Void elves would not go to the Shadowlands upon death, but to the mysterious realm of the Void. After all, the Void elves have been changed inextricably by the Void, as their souls and flesh are now tied to it at a biological level. Their ties with the Void would certainly be strong enough to make them avoid the Shadowlands, where the unwashed inferior masses would go. Truly balanced, as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Ancient Naaru:

"This is incorrect. We must not ferry souls who bear ties to other forces. Correct. Souls with sufficiently strong ties to other cosmic forces must be allowed to return."

This confirms my brilliant hypothesis that the Void elves would not go to the Shadowlands upon death, but to the mysterious realm of the Void. After all, the Void elves have been changed inextricably by the Void, as their souls and flesh are now tied to it at a biological level. Their ties with the Void would certainly be strong enough to make them avoid the Shadowlands, where the unwashed inferior masses would go. Truly balanced, as it should be.
    Look I get you fanboy over them but you gotta stop making up random assumptions.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Ancient Naaru:

Garrosh had a higher chance of going to the void considering he literally fused with an Old God's essence and still ended up in the Shadowlands. I doubt a bunch of elves that tried to steal and tame the power of the void only for it to cock up and cause skin pigmentation issues, potential insanity and haunting by whispers would get special treatment.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Ancient Naaru:

I would rather go in the Maw to the Jailer than to the Void to the Void Lords, considering that even Sargeras was terrified of their plans. So these are not mortal unwashed inferior masses doomed to Shadowlands, these are void elves, stupid idiots who doomed themselves to endless suffering about which the inhabitants of the Maw cannot even think, and at the same time it does not matter at all whether the elf was a hero or a villain. My condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I would rather go in the Maw to the Jailer than to the Void to the Void Lords, considering that even Sargeras was terrified of their plans. So these are not mortal unwashed inferior masses doomed to Shadowlands, these are void elves, stupid idiots who doomed themselves to endless suffering about which the inhabitants of the Maw cannot even think, and at the same time it does not matter at all whether the elf was a hero or a villain. My condolences.
    I'd feel more sorry for the Void Lords to be honest, because they'd be overthrown.

I'd feel more sorry for the Void Lords to be honest, because they'd be overthrown.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Ok

Ancient Naaru:

rotfl, even a fel gem used to ress a fel juiced kaelthas didnt saved him from the shadowlands.
    and you are using a naruu as a proof for you """""brilliant"""""" (kek) hypothesis?
    dude, at least you hasnt used the term theory, honor to you
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

New day, new update:

• Distraught Child (male draenei):

"I’m just a kid! I got sick and it just got worse and worse. Let me go back to my mommy!"

Watcher Jacintha: "I understand why you chose to return the child, but unfortunately we can’t allow every child to return to life. They may not have much anima built up yet, but all children being immune to death causes much bigger problems."

"You are correct. Sometimes we nudge children back to life so they can accumulate more anima, but unfortunately even children cannot be immune to death."

Going back to the topic, I'm not 100% sure about the void elves, but I definitely saw lightforged draenei in Bastion, yeap.

Bark! Woof, bork, bark!

*Doggy earned its rest!*

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    2. They are a race born on azeroth. We are not Arcane beings just because our ancestors have been created by the Titans.
    You make it sound like all the races on Azeroth other than insectoids were made by the Titans?

Ancient Naaru:

Changed, sure, but to the extent that they'd go to the void and not the shadowlands is a huge assumption without any direct evidence. Void elves are not 'of the void' t he same way Naaru are with the Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    You make it sound like all the races on Azeroth other than insectoids were made by the Titans?
    Well, besides the elementals and old god descendents every race on Azeroth is either a descendent of a titanic race or had their evolution influenced by them.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Okay, I guess this is basically Sylvanas' excuse, apart from avoiding hell herself.

I would want to break this seemlingly arbritary judgement system as well after reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    I don't. I speak of us. Humans. Maybe not explained enough but doesn't change my point.

Humans, dwarves, gnomes are nor arcane beings. And we have been directly created by them. MADE by them. Then corrupted by the old gods.
    Matid are aqir. They are created by the old gods, from the old gods. But that does not mean they are void creatures exactly like it does not mean we are arcane creatures.

And to make sure. By we i mean humans in the wow universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    i am WILDLY questioning the ethics of "sometimes we nudge children back to life so they can accumulate more anima." like, nothing about the kyrian so far is ethical to me, but this? they're literally saying "yup, alter fate so we can get another energy battery in the shadowlands later!" is that the path? the path sucks!

at first i was going to be really upset if they decided to pull a "the jailer is in the right" but now i'd kind of be ok with it, this perfect order sucks. i would be super hype if it ended up being true that creatures of order disrupted the shadowlands eons ago and took it over, which would lend a good deal of sense to why azeroth, as a planet that worshipped order beings for the most part, believed in the shadowlands so densely as their fate. interesting. i'm really enjoying the lore of SL.
    I agree, it's been very fun to speculate and discuss SL lore. This whole anima system has been shady to me, I find souls being batteries and a trading good fundamentally disturbing. It's basically sucking out someone's blood and using it for your ends. None of the worlds in WoW that we know of use similar mechanic, they just exist pretty much unconditionally, they don't need fuel just to continue to exist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    SO WE'RE NOT THE FIRST LIVING SOULS IN THE SHADOWLANDS?!?! I've been lied to T^T
    Don't get confused, what specifically makes us unique is that we can enter and exit the Maw. Mortals and undead witnessing or visiting the Shadowlands is rare but not that rare.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    I agree, it's been very fun to speculate and discuss SL lore. This whole anima system has been shady to me, I find souls being batteries and a trading good fundamentally disturbing. It's basically sucking out someone's blood and using it for your ends. None of the worlds in WoW that we know of use similar mechanic, they just exist pretty much unconditionally, they don't need fuel just to continue to exist.
    It's basically the Matrix, but they need Anima instead of Bioelectricity. It's quite disturbing to me, and I'm glad Bwonsamdi's little afterlife realm isn't like this. Ardenweald is (to me at least) the least hellish zone, and even then you have a chance of getting snuffted out of existence if Anima is suddenly needed
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2021-01-02 at 11:00 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    If that were true, Outland wouldn't be dying a slow death from the fel energies consuming it. Fel magic is fueled by life and souls.

I mean, some worlds straight up have souls of their own in WoW. Azeroth's world-soul nearly got killed by Sargeras who likewise used to be a planet.

Don't forget that Life itself is a "cosmic force" and that mortals sustain themselves by eating other forms of life. Sure, it doesn't extend to the geography under normal circumstances, but even the inanimate can be given life.

Pretty much all forms of existence in WoW, from living mortals to elementals to demons to the immortal souls in the Shadowlands, have a process of breaking down and returning to the "cycle" when they die within their own realm. If they die outside of their realm they are returned to their realm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands was a mistake
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.