Do the "anima channeled" mounts only drop if you are with that covenant? Can anyone confirm they got the mount with a different covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarshaper View Post
    Do the "anima channeled" mounts only drop if you are with that covenant? Can anyone confirm they got the mount with a different covenant.
    They drop for everyone. Certain Rares that don't rely on the channeled regions, such as Hopecrusher [Venthyr] and Tahonta [Necrolord] requires the zone's Covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    They drop for everyone. Certain Rares that don't rely on the channeled regions, such as Hopecrusher [Venthyr] and Tahonta [Necrolord] requires the zone's Covenant.
    Have we actually seen any proof of the first part yet? Last I checked (few days ago) the only reported drops of Harika and Gieger were from Venthyr and Necrolords, respectively. At least for Harika I can say that I had over 30 kills on her with non-Venthyrs without getting the mount, while second kill on my Venthyr (the first where I was actually channeling there, and summoned her myself) did give the mount. Might have been just luck, but most of comments on wowhead and various discords would imply that it's venthyr only for drop, while ridable by anyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    They drop for everyone.
    This is wrong - while you can use them on all characters, I have only see them drop for people with the right covenant.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2020-12-11 at 11:23 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

No proof of any Gieger mounts dropping for non-Necros, Valfir mounts dropping from non-Night Fae or Harika mounts dropping for non-Venthyr.

So no, as of right now, they don't seem to drop for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No proof of any Gieger mounts dropping for non-Necros, Valfir mounts dropping from non-Night Fae or Harika mounts dropping for non-Venthyr.

So no, as of right now, they don't seem to drop for everyone.
    I have done over 80 attempts on geiger and harika and sure enough, all that had the mount drop were either venthyr for harika or necrolord for gieger. I believe since we have to channel to their area with their respective covenant, I am almost certain, that these in order to get them, you will need to be on their covenant that channels.

harika and hopecrusher = venthyr
    tahonta, sabiel and geiger = necrolord
    valfir = night fae
    orstus = kyrian

Quote Originally Posted by amakusa007 View Post
    I have done over 80 attempts on geiger and harika and sure enough, all that had the mount drop were either venthyr for harika or necrolord for gieger. I believe since we have to channel to their area with their respective covenant, I am almost certain, that these in order to get them, you will need to be on their covenant that channels.

harika and hopecrusher = venthyr
    tahonta, sabiel and geiger = necrolord
    valfir = night fae
    orstus = kyrian
    If that's true, it seems like a really poor design choice. Especially when we don't even know 100% what can or can't be looted depending on your Covenant.

Same goes for the cosmetic backs. As a kyrian, will I be able to loot and xmog the containment backpacks from Bubbleblood and/or the Oily Invertebrate?

I wanted the weapon transmog from the WQ and got a nice surprice.
    I had no idea there would be chance for a mount from these bosses. I haven't done many of the mount-dropping world bosses yet, I always happends to be on a taxi mount or at the opposite side of the map when they spawn.

Last edited by jegerlee; 2021-01-01 at 09:37 PM.
    Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

Honestly the covenant specific mount drops are kind of reminiscent of the island expedition mount debacle from the beginning of BfA. For whatever reason, Blizzard just doesn't want to state basic facts about the new collectibles (i.e what criteria you have to meet to be able to even loot them), leaving players to speculate, and then benevolently confirming when the thing's been long solved.

It would obviously not make the game experience inferior in any way if they just stated these thing verbatim, along with the official drop rates, but the annoying habit has to continue, and the collector community is not vocal enough for this to change.

Personally I'm just doing attempts on Revendreth mounts on my venthyr main for now and ignoring the rest. Flying to the opposite end of the landmass just to have a go at something that probably doesn't even work is a major waste of time.

PS.

Not sure if that helps anyone with anything, but I'm at 18 attempts at Harika now, with the permanent channel for like a week, nothing so far.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-01-02 at 12:18 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Honestly the covenant specific mount drops are kind of reminiscent of the island expedition mount debacle from the beginning of BfA. For whatever reason, Blizzard just doesn't want to state basic facts about the new collectibles (i.e what criteria you have to meet to be able to even loot them), leaving players to speculate, and then benevolently confirming when the thing's been long solved.

It would obviously not make the game experience inferior in any way if they just stated these thing verbatim, along with the official drop rates, but the annoying habit has to continue, and the collector community is not vocal enough for this to change.

Personally I'm just doing attempts on Revendreth mounts on my venthyr main for now and ignoring the rest. Flying to the opposite end of the landmass just to have a go at something that probably doesn't even work is a major waste of time.

PS.

Not sure if that helps anyone with anything, but I'm at 18 attempts at Harika now, with the permanent channel for like a week, nothing so far.
    Agreed. Back cosmetics are in the same venue. And then we have stuff like Tahonta, who's supposed to drop a mount for Necrolords only but he doesn't. People are specualting that maybe it's tied to renown level or something else, or maybe the mount has been removed from him. And then we have possible post-live-loot-adjustment by blizzard. For example Famu seems to be dropping far less mounts than in the first days or so.

On the side note, finally got the Violet mistake mount on my necrolord, which info probably doesn't help anyone at all, but I'm so relieved.
    I usually check wowhead for new comments on stuff I'm hunting every couple days. Stopped killing necromantic anomaly for this reason, the comments were just not assuring enough to keep traveling to that shitty place.

Today's my birthday, and Dunegorger Kraulok was kind enough to give me a present:

Looted two Warfront mounts within two minutes (1st and 2nd attempt):

Edit: ok, maybe they're not that rare after all:

Last edited by Excaliban; 2021-01-05 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So just got Sundancer. Apparently, its not a 100% drop from the horse. Out of that entire group, 5 of us got the horse. There goes my RNG for awhile again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    So just got Sundancer. Apparently, its not a 100% drop from the horse. Out of that entire group, 5 of us got the horse. There goes my RNG for awhile again.

Sun dancer is 100% for the person that mounts the boss and brings him down

10+ Year Old Account
    My first ever Mythic solo and only my second ever mythic kill

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    My first ever Mythic solo and only my second ever mythic kill
    Congratulations! One of two mounts that I'm still desperate to get. Hopefully I can solo M NH soon, too.

I know its not really a "rare" since everyone get it ! but im happy ^^

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Sun dancer is 100% for the person that mounts the boss and brings him down
    Not true, on wowhead lots of people have reported that the mount not dropping for them even after mounting sundancer with buff and glider. It is most likely that it is a high chance for it to drop but not 100%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    is this the one from torgash TC layer 8 or the one from shadehounds?

Quote Originally Posted by amakusa007 View Post
    Not true, on wowhead lots of people have reported that the mount not dropping for them even after mounting sundancer with buff and glider. It is most likely that it is a high chance for it to drop but not 100%

- - - Updated - - -

is this the one from torgash TC layer 8 or the one from shadehounds?
    torghast :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Grats.

Got mine yesterday as well. Did all the layers duo with a mate. I love Torghast. And sure, definitely counts as rare. It's much harder to get than a generic 1% raid mount from 5 expansions ago that you can farm with alts that take 2 hours to level up

Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.