15+ Year Old Account

dungeon requirements

Have we always had to do specific quests to be able to que for a dungeon? Im 60 and wanna do a certain dungeon to complete a quest i just acquired. but i cant bc i havent done a specific quest in the world somewhere...

10+ Year Old Account
    Just bite the proverbial bullet and get it done once on your main and then it's not needed on alts.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Just bite the proverbial bullet and get it done once on your main and then it's not needed on alts.
    this is good news to hear, bc i feel like i am going to have to do many quests just to get into this dungeon. I dinged 60 without even starting ardenweld

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't you just get a group together and go to the dungeon entrance? Either that, or get your gear level to the point needed to unlock it in dungeon finder.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    this is good news to hear, bc i feel like i am going to have to do many quests just to get into this dungeon. I dinged 60 without even starting ardenweld
    Yeah, once you finish the introductory part of The Maw on alts you get a different initial experience when you get to Oribos the first time and you're asked if you want to do the quests or not. It's called Threads of Fate.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

You need to complete the entire campaign on your main to do the majority of content. This was a known fact from the start. I didn't hit 60 until Reven with wm and doing side quests so you must be doing a lot of grinding which is foolish and unnecessary on your first 60 as you NEED to do the quests.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Why can't you just get a group together and go to the dungeon entrance? Either that, or get your gear level to the point needed to unlock it in dungeon finder.
    bc my gear lv is already at the point needed to que up for dungeon finder, but i cant que bc i havent completed a quest...thats why i asked when this started

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    You need to complete the entire campaign on your main to do the majority of content. This was a known fact from the start. I didn't hit 60 until Reven with wm and doing side quests so you must be doing a lot of grinding which is foolish and unnecessary on your first 60 as you NEED to do the quests.
    im not doing any grinding, i just did side quests and dungeons

Side quests and dungeons pretty much are grinding, hitting 60 before Ardenweald takes a lot of extra work and to be frank you probably should have realised how ahead you were long before you did hit 60. The campaign is enough XP to get you to 60 or at least very close on your first character and since it is required it should be your main focus. It'll only take a couple hours to blast through if you just put your head down and do it, especially if you're geared enough to queue for heroics (which I assume is what you're referring to).

bc my gear lv is already at the point needed to que up for dungeon finder, but i cant que bc i havent completed a quest...thats why i asked when this started

- - - Updated - - -

Don't need to be doing dungeons either except the 1 clear for quests