Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    roll 1-4 and pick a spec, faceroll anyway

protip: you don't have to be feral affi to get feral convoke, so you can burst as bear/tree whenever you want

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    The powers you get as Resto are mostly shared with Boomkin and there is no need to go in Resto
    But when you go in as healer, doesnt it scale down the health and damage of the mobs?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Alternately, get the 1.5min divine shield on the second vendor and laugh your way out the instance. That was a thoroughly silly run.
    I got that one last week I think it was on that nasty slime boss who steals all your obleron buffs.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    But when you go in as healer, doesnt it scale down the health and damage of the mobs?
    Yes they do but you are mostly limited to wrath only and if you don't get the 200% more Wrath dmg after shapeshifting trait you will have a pretty hard time. It's very doable tho.

It's doable as resto, you're just dependent on what powers you get. For example, if you get the "roots do damage" trait high enough, you can even beat the higher HP regen that out-of-combat mobs have and kill them... also for some reason Entangling Roots does more damage than Mass Entaglement (probably to prevent extreme cheesing), so an elite + small trash pack lets you Mass Entangle the group followed by Entangling Roots the elite for super easy win. Since the power at the start of the run was this power for one run, I decided to try it out on a Layer 8 and it works pretty well, especially after the removal of CC prevention after 10 stacks of t he damage buff the elites get.

Bosses may be different story, as unless it was changed root durations are DR'd a la PvP. At that point, either switch specs for the last boss at the broker, or just pick a DPS affinity and HotW/Convoke your way to victory... or whatever other covenants do.

All-around safe spec choice is bear, though. You have the benefit of being tanky as well as having a melee interrupt on a shorter cooldown, which in combination with having access to Mighty Bash if you talent it as well as Disorienting Roar on a 30sec CD, you can lock out dangerous casters quite well. It's slower for certain, but safe. The other DPS specs are faster, but there's more risk involved at higher layers due to the massive amounts of damage and potentially limited tools available to the respective DPS specs.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Yes I go in as resto. I go feral affinity mostly because of the lack of cast times and pushback and the increase in dots to interact with all the traits that work with our dots.

It pretty much goes: Get the dot added to roots and it makes everything a cake walk. If you don't get it it's still pretty easy, just not as easy as hitting a button and watching a health bar tick to zero. You can still get massive increases to your ST dots and hots that'll also make it a cake walk. Basically auto cast barkskin, all the affinity traits. It's the first class/spec i went in there as, and not another has come close to how easy it is.
    I'm a thread killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I main resto as a Night Fae Druid. (though I do occasionally raid balance if we have too many healers sign up).

I go balance for Torghast. It's quick, stupid, and easy. Layer 8 bosses literally melt to convoke. Twisting Corridor layer 1 was a joke, and I haven't yet tried higher layers there, though by the feel I don't anticipate to be in trouble for a few more layers. As balance, I'm always Resto Affinity so I get access to better self healing.

Torghast powers, I like Bottle of Moonshine and Draught of Midday Calm. Bottle of Moonshine makes my target do 10% less damage and Draught of Midday Calm improves Rejuv (and a few other spells) by 60% on single target. The combo of these, and since they're common, I typically find 2-3 per Torghast, usually means that even on layer 8, a single Rejuv covers most of the damage I take. It's not uncommon that Rejuv is increased by 180% when put on myself.

Typically there's more damage/healing powers that boost that further, but working with those two powers as a base gives me plenty of survivability and plenty of room to focus on damage dealing powers that let me literally melt bosses with Convoke. And those two powers, again, are common, so they show up most the time, whereas a lot of the other major powers I really enjoy might not appear in the entire run.

I would not go Resto, I don't think it'd be impossible, but I think it'd be slower. You'd be gimping yourself when doing it quickly as a boomkin is pretty easy.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You'll run into damage or survival issues with that. Kill everything and all things. Have 40+ powers at the end of the floor. Kill last boss with a single Convoke.
    I've had no issues yet.

Run in as balance with treants and resto affinity. Becomes a cake walk with Lycara's sash

10+ Year Old Account
    Did layer 8 twisted corridors as resto. The first 10 floors was painfully slow. Towards the end though it was fast with full moons falling everywhere and stuff melting. Last boss died in a matter of seconds with balance aff + hotw + convoke :3
    Hi

I never go resto. Originally, I would solo Torghast as Balance since it's easier to kite things and would be incredibly slow as a healer, but with all the nerfs to Torghast it's become pointless to even need to go Resto once you get some gear. You can pretty much solo any level for soul ashe once you start getting into the higher ilvls and if you play with a group then it's just not necessary. The odd time my allies need healing I can use swiftmend and throw some heals to top them up and go back to DPSing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by internalwalrus View Post
    Hi!

I am a resto druid, but I am not sure if I should go resto or balance for Torghast. Did the Jaina quest as resto and the mobs had very low hp.
    What would you guys recommend doing?
    This is the advice I can give you, tank and healer specs have reduced mob health and damage while in a healer or tank spec to compensate for doing less damage than dps specs do. Given that a druid can pick an affinity to give them some of one of the other 3 spec's abilities, there's no reason to NOT go in as resto and then pick balance as your affinity (which is actually the recommended way to spec as a resto druid anyway) so you can get sunfire (AOE dot), starsurge, and starfire (AOE spell) while still having the full kit of your resto spells.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I go in as resto with balance affinity. I hunt for the entangling roots power that does like 2.5k damage every second while rooted. Once I have that I stop dps'ing and just let roots kill stuff 1 by 1. I usually end the run with around 4-6 stacks of it, which will 1-2 shot most enemies when you're running as a healer or tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Resto/Guardian is better I think. Mobs do much less damage and have much less health. I find I can get through layer 6 as a resto in about 20 minutes if I manage to get a few roots powers early.
    I don't really change anything when I do Torghast as resto with balance affinity. With the reduced health & damage mobs do when you are a healer or tank spec, I have breezed through Torghast no issues even when I was only 170 item level with layer 8 solo.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Yes they do but you are mostly limited to wrath only and if you don't get the 200% more Wrath dmg after shapeshifting trait you will have a pretty hard time. It's very doable tho.
    Not really limited to wrath. I use wrath, starfire, and starsurge when I'm in there solo.

You only need rejuv, regrowth, and swiftmend which you get in resto affinity, and the dmg output from Boomkin is far greater than the health deficit of going resto

I have done it before. Mostly because I forgot to switch and just threw my hands up and said whatever. Was it slower? Yeah. But it was doable for sure.

Not sure about corridors, but my friend does layer 8s as resto and just skips as much as possible in stealth. Takes him much shorter than it does for me as shadow priest, so I guess resto is fine.

1. Open talents pane

2. select from 3 other specs that are not resto

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    You only need rejuv, regrowth, and swiftmend which you get in resto affinity, and the dmg output from Boomkin is far greater than the health deficit of going resto

I do layer 8d as resto (starting from ilvl160) with feral affinity lol the anima power that gives 100% affinity and the one that gives always on hotw make it a joke

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    I do layer 8d as resto (starting from ilvl160) with feral affinity lol the anima power that gives 100% affinity and the one that gives always on hotw make it a joke
    I pretty much always take Affinity Stones when i can get it, regardless of spec. Getting all 4 passives at double strength is nothing to sneeze at.

On a side note, if you are doing Torghast solo you are missing most of the fun. A shaman and myself (balance) run our ash runs together each week, and we have a blast. 3-5 man groups are also super fun, the random synergies that happen can get crazy.

I go Resto sometimes. Getting the +damage/healing during Convoke makes elites and floor bosses fall over pretty darn quickly. The roots power is pretty awesome as well. By the time I get to the last couple floors, I usually pre-hot myself before starting combat. Larger pulls can be slower, but overall it's not too bad. Worst part of it is not having an interrupt aside from whatever stun/displacements you talent into.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis