Poll: Keep things as they were

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If it was part of original TBC, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Damn...I must have totally missed the point of your OP when 72% voting "NO" is agreeing with you

---------------------------------------------

EDIT

Oh damn...you got me. Nice one..congratz.

Makes a thread asking "Should TBC have LFR?" with a poll.

Poll question however is "Keep things as they were"

I tip my head to you sir. I fell for it.

You truly baited and trolled us well.

Obviously it was very intentional. What do people read before they click the title?

"Poll: Should TBC have LFR?" - but I guess we should blame MMO-C for allowing to be the poll asking something different than the thread title.
    Damn, I would've accidentally vote "No" as well if I didn't read your comment. Probably at least half of the votes are voting wrong because of this idiotically done poll, asking one question in the title and completely opposite question in the actual poll.

No. TBC is not that kind of WoW game.

The reason why it was my favorite xpac is cause it didnt throttle you to the latest patch. You had to go through the tiers in a natural progression.
    LFR would completely break that.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-01-02 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    No. TBC is not that kind of WoW game.

The reason why it was my favorite xpac is cause it didmt throttle you to the latest patch. You had to go through the tiers in a natural progression.
    LFR would completely break that.
    Fair point ofc.

How about leaving the attunement quests and introducing lfr?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, I would've accidentally vote "No" as well if I didn't read your comment. Probably at least half of the votes are voting wrong because of this idiotically done poll, asking one question in the title and completely opposite question in the actual poll.
    The poll is clear and unbiased I do not like how you're trying to invalidate the opinion of so many people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Damn...I must have totally missed the point of your OP when 72% voting "NO" is agreeing with you

---------------------------------------------

EDIT

Oh damn...you got me. Nice one..congratz.

Makes a thread asking "Should TBC have LFR?" with a poll.

Poll question however is "Keep things as they were"

I tip my head to you sir. I fell for it.

You truly baited and trolled us well.

Obviously it was very intentional. What do people read before they click the title?

"Poll: Should TBC have LFR?" - but I guess we should blame MMO-C for allowing to be the poll asking something different than the thread title.
    The poll always has a question... I kinda forgot the question mark but that's all I did wrong

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Yep, that's the realization people came to in Classic WoW that's why they all left for Shadowlands and nobody is raiding Naxxramas.

We can fix some of that in TBC. There's time.

Bring LFR and fix half the problems with one swing.

- - - Updated - - -

LFR isn't easy. I do have a LFR raiders discord and we all agree there that TBC needs LFR in order to succeed with the vast majority of potential players.

Let's make sure people stay subscribed more than one month and you don't end up filling Outlands with Bots.
    Making shit up as you go lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aviditas View Post
    Absolutely not, for the sole reason that TBC actually included some raids and mechanics that require coordination. LFR has always been known as the relaxed, fly by the seat of your pants way of doing raids. How would you handle tossing orbs on lady vashj or not having dps taking the tank legendaries on Kael'thas? What about the good ol warlock tank used for most leo kills?

LFR works now because the raids were built ahead of time with LFR in mind. If you try and throw it into past content for the sake of "moar content for meee", it's gonna be bad day.
    Probably the same way we had people handle the orbs on Ghuun and having people without the cloak attempts N'zoth. Lots of painful wipes and swearing.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

OP is clearly Jaylock. omg.

Also...Another pointless poll, with useless results -- the subject of the thread is a different question, than what the poll is asking. Why do people create these? Why do these threads not get insta-closed?
    Last edited by ablib; 2021-01-02 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    OP is clearly Jaylock. omg.

Also...Another pointless poll, with useless results -- the subject of the thread is a different question, than what the poll is asking. Why do people create these? Why do these threads not get insta-closed?
    What's a jaylock?

I'm tired of people trying to dismiss my polls with conspiracy theories. People in general are very shy so they don't like to voice their opinions publicly, hence the poll voting results.

Consider me upset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    No, if your Classic server is empty, it's because Classic is not, and never will be, a replacement for the Vanilla you once knew, *if* you even ever played Vanilla the first time. Too much gogogogogo min-max f-ery has changed Classic into something it never was. I don't think they should even put in TBC Classic, either. Same bullshit will happen there, too, and it will never be what TBC was.

YMMV.
    I play on Gehennas, the most elite server with hesoyam, salad bakers and apes. I'm not very worried about the lack of pugs in TBC on a server that already has weekly Naxx pugs going on..

What frightens me is the prospect that Blizzard will make the same mistake twice, shoo away loads of players and infest our beloved servers with countless bot communities.

The poll is clear and unbiased I do not like how you're trying to invalidate the opinion of so many people.
    Quite the contrary, it's quite unclear because the poll question is completely opposite to the thread subject. I would've personally voted wrong too if I didn't read the comment that stated it, and I'm quite sure a lot of others have made the same mistake. I'm not sure if "biased" is the correct word to use here, since it doesn't exactly favor either option. Results are in no way accurate though, probably almost completely flipped.

The poll results probably actually answer the thread subject: Should TBC have LFR?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    No, if your Classic server is empty, it's because Classic is not, and never will be, a replacement for the Vanilla you once knew, *if* you even ever played Vanilla the first time. Too much gogogogogo min-max f-ery has changed Classic into something it never was. I don't think they should even put in TBC Classic, either. Same bullshit will happen there, too, and it will never be what TBC was.

YMMV.
    Except that original TBC was already much more min-max mentality than Vanilla ever was. But yes, I do agree with you that Classic is not community wise anything like Vanilla originally was. There will be similar difference in TBC Classic as well, but it won't be as huge since original TBC already had more of this similar mentality.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

yeah I voted no without reading the actual question. stupid, I know, I made an incorrect assumption

Playing on numerous Private Servers for years, you'll see PUGs with brain dead players having no issue clearing Kara and Gruuls Lair. Sure there will be some headaches on Mags, but that will go down too. No need for LFR with the ease of those raids and being able to farm badges for gear will still give people the loot they want. Once 2.3 patch heads out even more badge gear comes and with ZA and then 2.4 with even more gear. I don't think it is needed and LFR would just ruin the experience.

With TBC on the horizon many players are now asking themselves if Classic TBC will follow the same philosophy as Classic.

Among those are players like me that realize that LFR is the most sought out piece of content in WoW ever. Since it was introduced and to this day.

The question remains. Why is that?

The answer is simple. Players for the most part do not want to partake in forced grouping which leads to undesirable socializing. We shouldn't be forced to do it.

TBC raids are very complex and time inducing in their preparations. Dozens of pre-quests, material farming, profession optimization, etc.

Nowadays their intended audience has grown up. We do not have time to do everything and remain competitive. Which brings me to this easy solution.

Introduce LFR in Classic TBC. Create group automization where players aren't forced to spam trade chat 24/7 looking for other players.

This pillar of forced socialization baked into WoW development philosophy doesn't work anymore in 2020 just like Shadowlands has proven. One of the biggest critics of Classic WoW was the lack of group creation tools which led to much misery among players and led many to unsubscribe, like me.

LFR and all solo or semi solo systems are the most beloved pieces of content. We should want the best for this expansion.

What do you think?
    Fuck NO seriously just no. Also nicely biased poll question rofl

Quite the contrary, it's quite unclear because the poll question is completely opposite to the thread subject. I would've personally voted wrong too if I didn't read the comment that stated it, and I'm quite sure a lot of others have made the same mistake. I'm not sure if "biased" is the correct word to use here, since it doesn't exactly favor either option. Results are in no way accurate though, probably almost completely flipped.

The poll results probably actually answer the thread subject: Should TBC have LFR?

- - - Updated - - -

Except that original TBC was already much more min-max mentality than Vanilla ever was. But yes, I do agree with you that Classic is not community wise anything like Vanilla originally was. There will be similar difference in TBC Classic as well, but it won't be as huge since original TBC already had more of this similar mentality.
    People are afraid to talk openly about their opinion regarding this matter because they know they'll get preyed upon by people like you..

That's why the poll is the perfect voting tool especially since it's anonymous.

The poll is clear, your conspiracy theory has been debunked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Fuck NO seriously just no. Also nicely biased poll question rofl
    No, no. Ok I hear you but why? You're not being very productive here ..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yeah I voted no without reading the actual question. stupid, I know, I made an incorrect assumption
    It's ok, as of right now I'll flip your vote.

So far we have 42 people in favor of Classic TBC LFR and 17 people against

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Nice thread.
    That was very vague. Do you have anything of interest to further the discussion in this thread?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    People are afraid to talk openly about their opinion regarding this matter because they know they'll get preyed upon people like you..

- - - Updated - - -

No, no. Ok I hear you but why? You're not being very productive here ..

- - - Updated - - -

It's ok, as of right now I'll flip your vote.

So far we have 42 people in favor of Classic TBC LFR and 17 people against
    your question on the poll is flawed and I bet I wasn't the only one who fell for it, you know it will never be implemented so why even bother with the thread? there was no LFR in Classic, there won't be LFR in BC and Wrath (if they go that far). how do I know this? because there was no LFR in the expansions past. deal with it, move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll have the old LFR system of course, which I actually liked despite hardly anyone using :P

Todays LFR or LFG wasnt introduced until WotLK and even for that I hope the one change they have in WotLK Classic (its gonna happen) is that they don;t include LFG/R

your question on the poll is flawed, you know it will never be implemented so why even bother with the thread? there was no LFR in Classic, there won't be LFR in BC and Wrath (if they go that far). how do I know this? because there was no LFR in the expansions past. deal with it, move on.
    I'm dealing with it by discussing the good it would do to implement it instead of remaining quiet and let this great chance go to waste.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm dealing with it by discussing the good it would do to implement it instead of remaining quiet and let this great chance go to waste.
    you're not fucking getting it. lfr was not in BC so it won't be in Classic BC. it's really really simple!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    They'll have the old LFR system of course, which I actually liked despite hardly anyone using :P

Todays LFR or LFG wasnt introduced until WotLK and even for that I hope the one change they have in WotLK Classic (its gonna happen) is that they don;t include LFG/R
    LFR was introduced with Dragon Soul in Cataclysm

you're not fucking getting it. lfr was not in BC so it won't be in Classic BC. it's really really simple!!!

- - - Updated - - -

LFR was introduced with Dragon Soul in Cataclysm
    No, you're being overtly simplistic.

Changes have been called upon. Classic fell flat on its face because Blizzard didn't listen to some very interesting changes that were thrown at them from the community.

Classic TBC is a great chance to rectify that situation.

We do not want TBC to be the bot infested land Classic is at the moment.

We want people to stay subscribed and play the game.

People are afraid to talk openly about their opinion regarding this matter because they know they'll get preyed upon by people like you..

- - - Updated - - -
    No, the poll is not clear at all, and the fact that you completely refuse to see that starts to make me wonder if it actually is biased, and you made it this way on purpose. I'm all in for anonymous polls, nobody is arguing against that. The poll you made is just very poorly done, and the results are completely worthless.

But well, who cares. It's not like this poll results will actually affect ANYTHING anyway.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, you're being overtly simplistic.

Changes have been called upon. Classic fell flat on its face because Blizzard didn't listen to some very interesting changes that were thrown at them from the community.

Classic TBC is a great chance to rectify that situation.

We do not want TBC to be the bot infested land Classic is at the moment.

We want people to stay subscribed and play the game.
    LFR won't change that. it won't change the bot situation. LFR was not in the original game so it should not be in the remakes

your question on the poll is flawed and I bet I wasn't the only one who fell for it, you know it will never be implemented so why even bother with the thread? there was no LFR in Classic, there won't be LFR in BC and Wrath (if they go that far). how do I know this? because there was no LFR in the expansions past. deal with it, move on.
    I'm starting to think it's flawed this way on purpose. He's actually trying to forge the results to look like in his favor, he clearly seems to be "Pro-LFR". What I don't get is why. It's not like this silly little poll will actually have any kind of real effect on anything regarding TBC Classic.