Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Except where he did not talk about the USSR anymore. He made it about the entire world, not the ussr, not eastern europe.
    This whole thread is about USSR

Oh and you are welcome to find the nation more maligned in the media these days, sure

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    This whole thread is about USSR

Oh and you are welcome to find the nation more maligned in the media these days, sure
    The fact they did invade their neighbour, hacks and get caught other countries, silence, or at least, try to silence their political opponent, and also do not help their allies (Armenia), does not help to give them a better reputation.

China does the same, but since they are a real powerhouse, no one tries to mess with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whose media are you talking about?

I’m sorry that journalist report on shit Putin does... he can’t have them all killed...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Politkovskaya
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I’m sorry that journalist report on shit Putin does... he can’t have them all killed...
    I'm sorry that Snowden revealed all the shit US does... and had to escape US because he will see no justice there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I'm sorry that Snowden revealed all the shit US does... and had to escape US because he will see no justice there.
    I’m not... Whistleblower should have protection... not be murdered in the street, fall out of windows or poisoned.

Last I checked, even Russian spies become celebrities, instead of poisoned:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Chapman

Here are 10 Russian spies, that were in US custody, within the last decade:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegals_Program

Did any of them need to hide? Did any of them get any weird poisoning? Did any of them fall out of windows? Did any harm befall them?

Oh and is Snowed roommates with: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Yanukovych
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-02 at 02:15 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

I’m not...
    You're not sorry?

Whistleblower should have protection...
    And yet they often don't have it in US.

You're not sorry?

Yes, but at least, they are not poisoned or thrown out the window.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not sorry?
    Why would I be sorry, that Snowden is protected? Why would I be sorry that US secrets got exposed? Please project why I should be sorry...

Don’t have what? Murdered journalists in the street? Doctors falling out of windows? A dictator stealing neighboring countries land, while carpet bombing others?

Nice answer, here is what I said... again:

Last I checked, even Russian spies become celebrities, instead of poisoned:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Chapman

Here are 10 Russian spies, that were in US custody, within the last decade:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegals_Program

Did any of them need to hide? Did any of them get any weird poisoning? Did any of them fall out of windows? Did any harm befall them?

Oh and is Snowed roommates with: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Yanukovych
    No comment?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're just envious because we are able to precisely take down opponents instead of randomly bombing them

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes that was a very sad and tragic moment.
    Given that most Russians at the time didn't want it to happen; and the decade of having the country pillaged by oligarchs and ruled over by a literal CIA chosen leader, this is an understandable take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Yes, but at least, they are not poisoned or thrown out the window.
    Yes, when it happens in US they more often "suicide" - either by gun if they are at their home, or by hanging in prison cell if they get imprisoned.

Or sometimes it's just random assault where perpetrator never gets found...

Yes, when it happens in US they more often "suicide" - either by gun if they are at their home, or by hanging in prison cell if they get imprisoned.

Or sometimes it's just random assault where perpetrator never gets found...
    I guess the US are better than Russia at this game since Russia always gets busted.

I guess the US are better than Russia at this game since Russia always gets busted.
    Media can create quite warped perspectives on both - because you will hardly know about any successes from them, only about failures.

And given how long it is supposedly going, they probably had a lot of successes before getting "busted" (and probably will have plenty after too).

Media can create quite warped perspectives on both - because you will hardly know about any successes from them, only about failures.

And given how long it is supposedly going, they probably had a lot of successes before getting "busted" (and probably will have plenty after too).
    So you are denying Russia is not eliminating physically its political opponents ?

So you are denying Russia is not eliminating physically its political opponents ?
    Double negatives make it hard to see your point.

Probably look at US and say "Drones are too messy, poisons are where it's at".

I mean, even Putin doesn't deny it... all he said during his yearly press-conference is "If they actually wanted to they would finish the job". Like with Ibn Al-Khattab.

And i guess given how it all shapes up for Navalny he'll probably get asylum (if he wants to) - which is probably the intent of getting him out in the first place (which they could easily stop). Just push him out of the country.

It's interesting what exactly in Navalny warrants such treatment.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2021-01-02 at 07:17 PM.

Navalny is flying back to Russia on Sunday:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55644226

Grabbing my popcorn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Navalny is flying back to Russia on Sunday:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55644226

Grabbing my popcorn.
    stepping back onto the monopoly board, go straight to jail do not pass go!

cant see this ending well given how weak putin is at the moment, he wont be pleased.

Speaking of Navalny, he went against Trump's twitter ban.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navalny
    1. I think that the ban of Donald Trump on Twitter is an unacceptable act of censorship (THREAD)
    2. Of course, during his time in the office, Trump has been writing and saying very irresponsible things. And paid for it by not getting re-elected for a second term.
    3. The election is a straightforward and competitive process. You can participate in it, you can appeal against the results, they're being monitored by millions of people. The ban on Twitter is a decision of people we don't know in accordance with a procedure we don't know.
    4. In my opinion, the decision to ban Trump was based on emotions and personal political preferences.
    5. Don't tell me he was banned for violating Twitter rules. I get death threats here every day for many years, and Twitter doesn't ban anyone (not that I ask for it).
    6. Among the people who have Twitter accounts are cold-blooded murderers (Putin or Maduro) and liars and thieves (Medvedev). For many years, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram have been used as a base for Putin's "troll factory" and similar groups from other authoritarian countries
    7. Those who denied COVID-19 exist freely and communicate on Twitter. Their words have cost thousands of lives. And yet, it was Trump who got banned publicly and ostentatiously. Such selectivity indicates that this was an act of censorship.
    8. Of course, Twitter is a private company, but we have seen many examples in Russian and China of such private companies becoming the state's best friends and the enablers when it comes to censorship.
    9. If you replace "Trump" with "Navalny" in today's discussion, you will get an 80% accurate Kremlin's answer as to why my name can't be mentioned on Russian TV and I shouldn't be allowed to participate in any elections.
    10. This precedent will be exploited by the enemies of freedom of speech around the world. In Russia as well. Every time when they need to silence someone, they will say: 'this is just common practice, even Trump got blocked on Twitter'.
    11. If @twitter and @jack want to do things right, they need to create some sort of a committee that can make such decisions. We need to know the names of the members of this committee, understand how it works, how its members vote and how we can appeal against their decisions.

Supposedly Navalny is in federal search in Russia since 29th December. Meaning he is likely to be arrested the moment he steps off the plane this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Supposedly Navalny is in federal search in Russia since 29th December. Meaning he is likely to be arrested the moment he steps off the plane this weekend.
    he will be found guilty of surviving his assassination