GG clawsout you played too well <3

thanks my wife thinks im nuts with all the strings all over the living room now xD

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    If I had to say anything, I think it's that town didn't have a reliable way to nail bad guys. The only powers they could have used were the stones, and it was too easy for the stones to fall into enemy hands, leaving town with no way to reliably figure out what was going on.
    Yeah which is part of the reason why I was saying that the town was focusing too much on stone sand not enough on interactions.

like spesically the last two days I could not have been scummier popping out of the shadows to defend xan

Thanks for the game, Mercy! I enjoyed it for the most part, outside of the heated arguments.

At least this game proves that lynching people based on inactivity/inability to provide information is absolutely the correct move though.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    If I had to say anything, I think it's that town didn't have a reliable way to nail bad guys. The only powers they could have used were the stones, and it was too easy for the stones to fall into enemy hands, leaving town with no way to reliably figure out what was going on.
    that was intentional! I wanted people to use interactions and vote records to figure things out. I'm not a fan of town sitting around waiting for a cop to give them the answers

Lol well in my defense I did say I all but say I protected dupti N1 then pulled the " omg guys I already said it... pout pout pout"

Quote Originally Posted by Bageloaf View Post
    yeah, I know you pulled that self vote bc of the rule breaking thing, but I swear if anyone ever pulls that ever again, Idgaf the reason, they're getting lynched....
    I expected to be lynched and honestly wouldnt have minded. Like I really was annoyed the rule breaking went on as long as it did with no one pointing it out. But I think being called suspicious because I called out the rule breaking? That's really going too far, we have the rules for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mercychan View Post
    that was intentional! I wanted people to use interactions and vote records to figure things out. I'm not a fan of town sitting around waiting for a cop to give them the answers
    Yeah I'm not a fan of the binary "guilty/not guilty" results either, as they don't get you thinking.

I remember that Danner tried to make games without cops that give that binary answer. For example, in the Murder Mystery Mansion game, there were different rooms players could be in, and at night the maids (cops) could move between rooms, and in the morning they would get a vague report of the night actions that occurred in those rooms, but there wouldn't be any names. So the maids and town had try to figure out who did what. Stuff like that. But I don't think we could do that thing again with just 15-18 active players; there would be too people per room and it'd be pretty easy to narrow down the killers. Danner's game had 30.

3+ Year Old Account
    I fucked up majorly revealing that I had a stone rip
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    At least this game proves that lynching people based on inactivity/inability to provide information is absolutely the correct move though.
    doesnt always work but at least in this game it would have xD

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fox View Post
    like spesically the last two days I could not have been scummier popping out of the shadows to defend xan
    You drove Foxxi mad with that lol.

Also I gotta say this turned into a really fun game. Like I still kinda disliked the whole meta gaming around what the teams are, what the stones are, what are the win cons but maybe thats just me being stubborn. It is hard digging for information on who and what people are if there are that many posts, so it does make it harder for town too. I did really enjoy the last few days (arguments aside) because it felt like we played some proper mafia, lies and deceit everywhere!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    thanks my wife thinks im nuts with all the strings all over the living room now xD
    Also well played and sorry you got put in that rough spot last day. You ended up as the perfect target and due to bad fortune all game with finding stones you were in a real rough spot. But kudos for massively giving it your all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I fucked up majorly revealing that I had a stone rip
    I mean Foxxi was 100% correct in saying town shouldnt divulge so much information about stones. Like nearly everything I used in my defence was based simply on what other people said. Like even despite having several of the stones all the descriptions I gave of them were based on what other posters had posted in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Also well played and sorry you got put in that rough spot last day. You ended up as the perfect target and due to bad fortune all game with finding stones you were in a real rough spot. But kudos for massively giving it your all.
    its all good i couldn't of expected a better adversary

If I remember right in one of my games I didn't really have much as town power roles but everyone was given three items related to their character in which 1 item would be taken if someone visited. Then there was another role that could see peoples items. Kinda a cluster fuck but I thought it was a good way to lower tprs but still be interesting.

I agree that people shouldn’t be trying to compare cards to figure out who is lying. That said I feel Mercy didn’t need to come down on anyone really. The line got toed, yes. But it was mostly just “I trust what that person said because it matches what I would expect” not “so, tell me.. is your word capitalized or not?”

As to “meta” — it was vital. Town needs info to work off of. The most pivotal piece of info is knowing what the composition might be. Figuring out if we were looking for people who knew each other or not would tell us what sort of interactions to even look for. That was just part of solving this type of game, and imo, not anything wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

Quote Originally Posted by foxximcleod View Post
    As to “meta” — it was vital. Town needs info to work off of. The most pivotal piece of info is knowing what the composition might be. Figuring out if we were looking for people who knew each other or not would tell us what sort of interactions to even look for. That was just part of solving this type of game, and imo, not anything wrong.
    Probably, I just hate it when scum cos its so difficult to get involved, we already know the setup! I just feel that town posted too much about it, like we got through 100 pages of posts and no one had any reads on anyone. I just think there was too much of one and not enough of the other.

Also I do believe it was said "I believe this claim because they added (town)" which is exactly how the role cards were written. Like I said, a whole load of new players so maybe not aware of the rule. But I just felt that using my post telling people to not break that rule was then pushing that too far. Its whatever, I think the game still played out without any real problem because of it.

And yes, Blood... you were under my radar a bit until
    Dupti flipped. I had been operating under the idea that the town would have started with the stones, since the scum were able to coordinate to a degree... and since it seemed you began with a stone, that gave you town cred. You hadn’t been particularly helpful, but that was true of MANY players.

Then Dupti flipped - and I re-assessed my idea that all the stones began in town hands.... at which point I became much more suspicious, and looking back over you came to the hard conclusion of scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I expected to be lynched and honestly wouldnt have minded. Like I really was annoyed the rule breaking went on as long as it did with no one pointing it out. But I think being called suspicious because I called out the rule breaking? That's really going too far, we have the rules for a reason.
    you should've been and the only reason I laid off and didn't push was bc I thought there's no way Thanos himself would be willing to die and figured you were just a lesser scum instead.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

you should've been and the only reason I laid off and didn't push was bc I thought there's no way Thanos himself would be willing to die and figured you were just a lesser scum instead.
    Eh I didnt want it to affect the game, I shouldnt have done it and just properly discussed after the game, but frankly at the time I didnt wanna continue playing if that's how the game was gonna be played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh I didnt want it to affect the game, I shouldnt have done it and just properly discussed after the game, but frankly at the time I didnt wanna continue playing if that's how the game was gonna be played.
    nono, it makes sense that we shouldn't nitpick things like that. I'm more looking at the self vote itself.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

nono, it makes sense that we shouldn't nitpick things like that. I'm more looking at the self vote itself.
    I think that's the first time I've ever self voted! Like never in a game have I ever wanted to give up or get out before. In general though people that self-vote should be lynched, 100% agree.