I'm not sure playing the NFCE winner is actually a luxury at this point. Washington's defense is good and they are Haskins being horrible away from winning their last 6 (or 7 if they beat the Eagles) games. If the Cowboys defense can manage to be competent for a game, their offense can put up enough points to win. The teams without winning records that have made the playoffs have won their 1st round game more often than not too.

Combine that with the NFCE winner most likely playing the Bucs, who are 1-5 against teams that will finish with a winning record, and it can very easily happen again.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    They can’t get the top seed, they lost to the packers.

NVM didn't realize seahawks were also 11-4.
    They can but they need GB and Seattle to lose and themselves to win.

Which looks super in doubt suddenly, apparently their ENTIRE RB ROOM got hit with contact tracing so they'll miss at least this week, pending any positive tests.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Need Seattle to win actually. Same as last year, needed them to win and they blew it.

Losing the RBs is awful, but not as bad as Denver had it just because of the nature of the positions. Maybe Taysom will get a lot of carries.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    At least you’ve got a coach notorious for trick plays and a player able to pull them off in hill. Unlike the browns who just smashed their head against a steel beam trying to break it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Losing the RBs is awful, but not as bad as Denver had it just because of the nature of the positions.
    I disagree just because losing Kamara/Murray is more likely to change the result of the game than Denver not having their 3 turnover machines.
    Last edited by Grube; 2021-01-02 at 08:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm worried mostly about pass protection, but that is what I usually worry about with reserve rbs.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Well happy Saturday, Ian is reporting that the Jets and Jaguars intend to fire their coaches after Sunday's game.

Also that the Jags top targets are apparently Urban Meyer and Ryan Day. You know, two coaches from the school that just whooped Trevor Lawrence yesterday. From the school that the #2 ranked QB in this draft comes from.

So an NFL job is the next one for Meyer to "retire for health reasons" from? Would be dumb to hire him, but maybe I am biased there.

I would be surprised if Ryan Day took that job too. Leaving Ohio State for the Jags is a huge step down. He would need to really want to be an NFL coach regardless of the team to take that job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    So an NFL job is the next one for Meyer to "retire for health reasons" from? Would be dumb to hire him, but maybe I am biased there.

I would be surprised if Ryan Day took that job too. Leaving Ohio State for the Jags is a huge step down. He would need to really want to be an NFL coach regardless of the team to take that job.
    Yeah honestly I expect them to be all-in on Meyer and if he turns them down they just hire some other college coach instead.

Though it'll also be huge fuel for the offseason of articles about "Could Justin Fields go #1?"

Chiefs*
    Bills^z
    Titans^z
    Colts
    Browns
    Steelers^z
    Ravens

Packers*
    Saints^z
    Buccaneers
    Seahawks^z
    Cardinals
    Rams
    Burgundy and Gold Team^z

Are my predictions after today’s games.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-01-03 at 01:00 PM.

There are reports that Brees is expected to retire, looks like Taysom Hill will actually be a QB next year. Going to be strange to see Brady as the only one of the NFCS QBs that started week 1 this year to start week 1 next year.

Saw something Denver is actually good at other than turnovers, they are the only team to not be favored in a game this year. Even the Jets couldn't pull that off.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to see Isaiah McKenzie making plays, he got a pretty bad deal in Denver.

Also looks like the Giants might make me look very dumb and get blown out by the Bucs if the Eagles beat the Snyders.
    Last edited by Grube; 2021-01-03 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tua is... not good. The Bills though... I might be picking an upset in the AFC Championship.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2021-01-03 at 07:44 PM.

This Lions team has somehow managed to give up even more yards that their insanely bad 2008 defense. That is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Tua is... not good. The Bills though... I might be picking an upset in the AFC Championship.
    Turns out Josh Norman is even worse than Tua. All it takes for him to complete a pass past 5 yards is Norman having no idea what he is doing.

- - - Updated - - -

I say that then Norman picks him off...
    Last edited by Grube; 2021-01-03 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stuck with the Chiefs/Chargers for the late game, totally pointless...
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Stuck with the Chiefs/Chargers for the late game, totally pointless...
    At least you get Justin Herbert.

Didn't take long for the greatest rival in sports to return: Lions vs the Refs.

The Dolphins should just let Lynn Bowden play QB at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bills looking extra dangerous lately.

They really benched Fitzpatrick for this midseason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice way to end the season. Always nice to beat up the Jets, even if the result is pointless. Got to see plenty of the young guys at least do something, including Asiasi getting a TD.

We're onto the off season!

10+ Year Old Account
    56 on a playoff contender.... well okay the defense was a playoff contender.

The Bills are suddenly what the Chiefs were for about 14 weeks of the season. You blink and they're up 3-4 scores on good teams.

Time for a long dark spring of Tua Talk in Miami.

- - - Updated - - -

Also shoutouts to the Browns for managing to claw their way into the playoffs and breaking the longest drought in the NFL.

I was in the 7th grade last time the Bills were 13-3. It feels like a lifetime ago. I'm just enjoying the ride.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .