Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think the stone might actually be Arthas’ soul.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPOvUQIbP9s
    Aaaand, cut. Scene over. They officially whitewashing Sylvanas by that vomit inducing interaction with Anduin. Lets say it like that - its horrible from every angle. Its like a perfect gem made of pure crap, every side of it shines its own hue of awful.
    1) Anduin still sees "some good" in her, aka the Hope or wahetever.
    2) Arthas-Anduin parallel which i always found really unnecessary, not every Alliance prince should be compared to Arthas. Arthas wasnt even that great of a character (although he IS better then most current characters.)
    3) Whats the point of all that grand talk of "choice" and Anduin placing HIS fate as some kind of "end line" for Evilness when uncountable legions of souls are currently tortured, broken, turned mad or enslaved by the Jailer and Sylvanas. How comes their fates were not evil enough, but if she dares touch him THEN its a Moral Event Horizon?
    4) Jailer looks awful, just saying. Handsome squidward is not imposing and looks silly.
    5) Kerrigan "redemption" story ahoy, here we go. *vomits*
    6) All that was pretty much "foretold" before and people said that it will never happen. Well... I guess it DID happened after all!
    But... It dosent make me happy, it just makes me even more disheartened since the Worst Scenario is THE Scenario we going with.
    1. they are not white washing her, they are making her an actual real life villian, someone who sometimes has regrets, and is not just ultimate evil to be ultimate evil, she is evil to do something.
    2. yeah you can still see good in an evil person arthas still had good in him, kiljaden still had good in him.
    3. im done here dont even need to start tryting to counter your horrid points.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. they are not white washing her, they are making her an actual real life villian, someone who sometimes has regrets, and is not just ultimate evil to be ultimate evil, she is evil to do something.
    2. yeah you can still see good in an evil person arthas still had good in him, kiljaden still had good in him.
    3. im done here dont even need to start tryting to counter your horrid points.
    I noticed that you havent even started to counter my points, not need to emphasize that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i would say the kerrigan arc was fine until the final 3 missions which turned her into a god.
    yeah i feel like a lot of dumbasses who didnt play starcraft before but just heard some crybabies dont understand she was always "redemption" she was someone who got mind controlled, then when she broke it she was a good person but still corrupt and sometimes that took over her, and eventually it fully took over her when she was betrayed, later she overcomes it. but then she becomes god and yeah it became actually rather lame...

literally the story of kerrigan was great, the issue was not her redemption, but her suddenly being a god outta no where and super duper important.

- - - Updated - - -

how is the blight worse than a fire bomb?
    blight melts you. fire bomb burns you alive.
    Blight is described as MANY MANY MANY times more painful.
    burning to death is painful, but burning the nerves stops the pain, now imagine boiling to death but without heat, until the moment you die, you will continue to feel pain, and with sylvanas's more powerful strains, you will continue to feel pain for a while even after death...

- - - Updated - - -

so you focused on the second part and not the first.
    you also over reacted some.

sylvanas always done shady and questionable things but she was never fully evil until War of Thorns.
    but i will let you answer the first question now.
    I mean that is debatable considering

1. vanilla and on she was gladly willing to torture and experiment on living war prisoners, soldiers, and civilians.
    2. cataclysm she was willing to disobey the banning of biochemical weapons and continued to deploy the plague.
    3. legion again still used the plague, and a much more powerful strain of it too
    4. technically she assisted in the attack on the wrathgate
    5. also all the way from vanilla to current she raises alliance soldiers forcefully to kill their allies, after they are done their murder spree, then they are asked if they wish to return to the grave or stay within the horde.

yeah i feel like a lot of dumbasses who didnt play starcraft before but just heard some crybabies dont understand she was always "redemption" she was someone who got mind controlled, then when she broke it she was a good person but still corrupt and sometimes that took over her, and eventually it fully took over her when she was betrayed, later she overcomes it. but then she becomes god and yeah it became actually rather lame...

literally the story of kerrigan was great, the issue was not her redemption, but her suddenly being a god outta no where and super duper important.

- - - Updated - - -

burning to death is painful, but burning the nerves stops the pain, now imagine boiling to death but without heat, until the moment you die, you will continue to feel pain, and with sylvanas's more powerful strains, you will continue to feel pain for a while even after death...
    Ah yes. The blight sludges/slimes. As far as i understand those are "remains" of victims of super-concentrated blight. Maybe some nerve system agonizing still, even after all sense and flesh is gone and lots of blight goo.

- - - Updated - - -

thank you for being the first person to answer that question.(blight vs fire bomb)

i would say with the blight depending on the strain it could be very bad(south shore) or meh(gilneas.) if i remember correctly the goal of the blight after wrath was to kill living things then dissipate somewhat quickly so the forsaken could move in and start building.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    The entire point of a villain is they don't have normal human morality. That is what makes them a villain in almost every story. Your personal line is irrelevant.

OT: People that think all of a business's products should be made for them because they liked one of them 15 years ago baffle me. WoW is still a game made for the widest audience possible. Don't expect the story to be in depth. WoW is not that game, and WoW has never been that game. Every MMO on the market has a trite story, imo.
    This is nothing but bare-faced damage control. Sorry.

3) Whats the point of all that grand talk of "choice" and Anduin placing HIS fate as some kind of "end line" for Evilness when uncountable legions of souls are currently tortured, broken, turned mad or enslaved by the Jailer and Sylvanas. How comes their fates were not evil enough, but if she dares touch him THEN its a Moral Event Horizon?
    He's literally an embodiment of hope in everything he does. He's not a perfect person or perfect leader, but where he goes he inspires others to be better. It took one meeting with Anduin to convince some of Sylvanas's most stern supporters in the Desolate Council to return to Stormwind with their families. All the breaking of their wills, the sapping of their hope over years, overpowered.

He is everything she wants to destroy, because he proves her worldview wrong just by still being alive.

I absolutely still want to kill Sylvanas, but I will accept last minute backstab of main villain taking him down with her so long as we still get a boss fight of her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I knew they were going to Kerrigan Sylvanas.

Didn't see the Arthas parallel coming though,I guess I underestimated how much the modern WoW writers love rehashing old narratives

7+ Year Old Account
    thank you for being the first person to answer that question.(blight vs fire bomb)

i would say with the blight depending on the strain it could be very bad(south shore) or meh(gilneas.) if i remember correctly the goal of the blight after wrath was to kill living things then dissipate somewhat quickly so the forsaken could move in and start building.
    The gilneas one was still rather bad, she was given a weaker one to use but then even that one was banned, so she right out used her powerful one.

and nah lol, so garrosh come end of wotlk when he took role as lead, he had his men assist in diluting the plague of hers, as even fucking garrosh knew that shit was insnae, it became one that would kill then disspate quickly, but even that when tested proved to be insanely inhumane because of the horrid death it caused so he banned even that, so sylvanas went right back to her usual "lasts pretty much forever" plague, which she just decided to use in secret.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    The entire point of a villain is they don't have normal human morality. That is what makes them a villain in almost every story. Your personal line is irrelevant.

OT: People that think all of a business's products should be made for them because they liked one of them 15 years ago baffle me. WoW is still a game made for the widest audience possible. Don't expect the story to be in depth. WoW is not that game, and WoW has never been that game. Every MMO on the market has a trite story, imo.
    entirely not true. many vilians have normal human morality. just depends on how you become a villian.
    you ever seen falling down?
    An amazing movie about how just years and years of that drip drop on your brain can slowly change even the most normal person into a villian. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_Down
    great movie, highly reccomend.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Didn't see the Arthas parallel coming though,I guess I underestimated how much the modern WoW writers love rehashing old narratives
    Eh. The whole Anduin/Arthas thing was burning in the background, but for the most part, a lot of people thought those were fairly shallow parallels and to be subverted in Anduin. Now they've gone all-out on them and might not be subverting them.

Subtlety, am I right.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Eh. The whole Anduin/Arthas thing was burning in the background, but for the most part, a lot of people thought those were fairly shallow parallels and to be subverted in Anduin. Now they've gone all-out on them and might not be subverting them.

Subtlety, am I right.
    My personal theory was “Anduin is actually son of Arthas” but this crap they pulled is even worse. Why come up with new ideas if they can rehash old ones endlessly, right?

Still too early to say, but the chances of Sylvanas experiencing complete "I told you so" redemption by the end of this expansion are high.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would say the kerrigan arc was fine until the final 3 missions which turned her into a god.
    A god to fight another god, seems fine to me. Plus they wrote her out of the series after that so barring them dragging her back it isn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    Still too early to say, but the chances of Sylvanas experiencing complete "I told you so" redemption by the end of this expansion are high.
    "Haha, looks like Sylvanas used her magnificent, incomprehensible wits to save the universe. Now don't you feel silly for calling her evil after she nearly wiped out the Night Elves for no real discernible reason?"
    "No?"
    "Oh.."

Ah! But you dont get it. It will end up as Kerrigan or maybe Severus Snape type story with arbitrary forgiveness of a villain because she did some good in the end. Maybe she will only "partially" enslave Andy Boi, making sure he can shake it off in a right moment or entirely fake the enslavement to allow him to undermine the Jailer.
    There are people in Revendreth who did far worse than her and are normal venthyr there. Not sure what you're on about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

So I get they turned Shalamayne into a Mourneblade but any idea what the blue stone was?
    Aka SHALAMOUNRE! (Credit goes to some random poster in the comments on youtube)
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    There are people in Revendreth who did far worse than her and are normal venthyr there. Not sure what you're on about.
    Not really. Those people killed more, but they didnt doomed the souls of those poor bastards to be consumed/enslaved/turned into weapons.
    She in fact, committed a crime NEVER before possible, she managed to screw countless people from their afterlives and fed them to the Maw. Before that only Arthas got that treatment.

Sylvanas: Denathrius has been imprisoned.

The Jailer: I missed the part where that's my problem.

This is starting to feel like those DBZ episodes where Freeza and Goku stare at each other for 5 shows, we all know how its gonna end, but they wanna milk the season.