Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostHate View Post
    I really can't say that she was "enjoying" any of what she did. At least it didn't strike me like that.

Were her deeds heartless and brutal? - Yes.
    Did she know what she was doing? - Yes.
    Was all of it intentional, knowing the implications? - Yes.
    Was she shown to experience pleasure in doing any of it? - No.

Even in the Teldrassil cinematic - she's not showing any emotions of enjoyment while watching the tree burning. She's like a machine that is devoid of all emotion, only doing what it is supposed to do.
    https://youtu.be/aW_h0qf9vpA?t=81 the looks at 1:22 begs to differ it screams satisfaction, she taking pleasure from it. Sylvanas is a Psychopath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    OH NO, Anduin said what anybody who pays attention already knew.
    She is confused and gullible? Looking to anyone that has power like a lost puppy? He is this important weapon...so he obviously has power

Man...Anduins exposition didn't feel natural at all. But ofc he knows everything why someone else does something... ugh.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    All I see is two villains getting desperate. They lost Denathrius, they lost Muehzala, we are gonna free Primus the Runecarver very soon and the last target is the Jailer with Sylvannas probably being one of the raid bosses. In any case Sylvannas is gonna be confronted by the Alliance and the Horde at some point. I don't see how they can pull that redemption crap. Also nice parallel. Having a runesword now playing Arthas. It's so cute if not pathetic.
    I'm afraid they will pull another Grom on us, forgive her with little cause...because Blizzard writing has gotten that bad...and if they reuse that then Anduin will be or attempt to be made the Lich King 2.0...another Holy man driven to Undeath to rule it in the name of another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Man...Anduins exposition didn't feel natural at all. But ofc he knows everything why someone else does something... ugh.
    Felt almost as if he felt bad for her, and if he feels bad for her...he can forgive her

10+ Year Old Account
    My Little Hordie, Friendship is dark Magic
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

I'm incredulous. Anduin does not belong in this story. Out of all characters, he's the closest to being the M word. He's omniscient, he can read anyone like an open book, he'll psychoanalyse you with the precision the likes of which has never been seen before. The universe itself will bend over backwards to accommodate his way of thinking and prove him right. He's Golden Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I'm convinced Anduin could stand there and breathe for 60 seconds straight with no dialog and an MMO-C post would show up explaining why he's completely ruining the story.
    tbf that doesn't sound like it'll be compelling to show, so yeah, you'd be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Felt almost as if he felt bad for her, and if he feels bad for her...he can forgive her
    He can forgive anyone for anything, it's his whole schtick.

It's not that Anduin is bad. It's that Sylvanas is an emo teenager who cannot deal with her fate. Anyone on his place would realize what's it all about.

That cinematic just proved that she's unstable and stupid, so Anduin just pulled UNO card. Outplayed her like a child.
    I wasn't even shocked, she was used as a toy by the Jailer. All her planning, sneakiness and determination came from someone else. She's just playing the victim card now. Such as unbearable character...

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I'm convinced Anduin could stand there and breathe for 60 seconds straight with no dialog and an MMO-C post would show up explaining why he's completely ruining the story.
    I agree. Anduin has become much more interesting and better character.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-01-03 at 10:58 AM.

So is the knowledge of a "redeemed" villain you all have limited to characters from Harry Potter and Star Wars? Because if you're actually as "intellectually advanced" and "well read" as you're claiming to be you'd know that story arc is as old as time itself....literally.

And I'd hazard a guess that your favorite (and i mean your most beloved) story contains the same, if not more mundane, tropes than WoW's story does....
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Had the same vibe. Anduin 'manning hp' isn't right. It's totally out of 'poor lost puppy orphan please love me' character.

Anduin needs to play along with Sylvannas so he can keep his free will and maybe pull a Brutus when the time comes. Talking high just to become a mindless slave will serve no one (but the jailer)

I actually like this direction. She's gonna be Kerrigan 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    So is the knowledge of a "redeemed" villain you all have limited to characters from Harry Potter and Star Wars? Because if you're actually as "intellectually advanced" and "well read" as you're claiming to be you'd know that story arc is as old as time itself....literally.
    Star wars is as old as time itself ������

- - - Updated - - -

Star wars is as old as time itself

And I'd hazard a guess that your favorite (and i mean your most beloved) story contains the same, if not more mundane, tropes than WoW's story does....
    I brought up most obvious examples, as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    Had the same vibe. Anduin 'manning hp' isn't right. It's totally out of 'poor lost puppy orphan please love me' character.

Anduin needs to play along with Sylvannas so he can keep his free will and maybe pull a Brutus when the time comes. Talking high just to become a mindless slave will serve no one (but the jailer)
    Not sure what you are trying to say.

I think it would be better if he just confronted her about it almost instantly, that he said he realised something while thinking. Instead we pop in to look at them just as he has the epiphany about her motives. It's clear they have been having these meetings multiple times before which obviously makes anyone think about these sort of thing. Yet he just acts annoyed and lost and suddenly get a "ah-ha" moment.

Should just confronted her with something like "I've been thinking and realised something, i know why you are giving me this choice". It's a small change and might be nitpicky.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I agree. Anduin has become much more interesting and better character.
    Only at the expense of everyone else. He is a fucking cancerous growth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its suprising he is meeting charisma requirement to use it.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    I'm incredulous. Anduin does not belong in this story. Out of all characters, he's the closest to being the M word. He's omniscient, he can read anyone like an open book, he'll psychoanalyse you with the precision the likes of which has never been seen before. The universe itself will bend over backwards to accommodate his way of thinking and prove him right. He's Golden Jesus.
    He isn't omniscient ... at all.
    And the rest, there are people like that, however in the times it happens, you can see his brain pieces together the pieces. It happened with Saurfang and happened with Sylvanas.

Honestly, at this point, I do not see a difference between Anduin here feeling there is still hope inside Sylvanas than Luke feeling their is good inside Vader. And Vader's death count is a lot higher than Sylvanas'.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    Prepatch BfA
    Delaryn Summermoon: Sylvannas u are not like that! Why?!
    Sylvannas: BURN!!!!!!!!!

SL
    Anduin: Sylvanas, u are not like that! Why?!
    Sylvannas: take me little lion, take me now!

Come on, Blizzard do it. Finish NE by killing Tyrande or sth.

This more than Sylvanas has no problem taking away Sira, Dalarin or Jaina's brother free aberdy.
    But now with Anduin yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    He isn't omniscient ... at all.
    And the rest, there are people like that, however in the times it happens, you can see his brain pieces together the pieces. It happened with Saurfang and happened with Sylvanas.
    Again the world has to change for Anduin to look a little better.

In the next one, he will explain to Tyrande how to worship Elune or something like that.

I am now fully convinced that the sole remaining purpose of WoW's story is to provide rule34 artists with content.