Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Eeew, another Sylvanas and Anduin cinematic. Alliance centric expansion confirmed.
    Where is the Horde? Why would a Horde player enjoy this expansion? There's nothing there for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm not yet willing to buy in that this is tantamount to a redemption arc for Sylvanas - that Anduin is able to see something of her former self in her isn't really beyond the pale, especially for someone as generally positive (and naïve) as Anduin often is. But on the heels of that, we *know* some aspect of Sylvanas' former self remains. We see it in War Crimes in the sentiment she expresses towards Vereesa, and we see it again in Dark Mirror where some lingering love for Nathanos is shown. The fact that Sylvanas isn't a completely external evil is what makes her all the more tragic, and all the more monstrous - she's not an otherworldly or inscrutable villain like the Jailer or Sargeras (prior to Chronicle), she's a human monster in the real-world sense of the term.

Sylvanas becoming aware of what she's done and where her choices have inexorably led her isn't redemption; at least not until she takes the next step to make amends for what she's done, something many might say is itself an impossible feat. Anduin is a good vehicle for her to see her own evil projected back at her, as well. In many ways the two characters stand as polar opposites - with even their flaws inverted and made apparent to one another. Anduin is hope personified, even in a case where it approaches the utterly irrational, whereas Sylvanas is the nadir of pragmatism absent any moral quandary or guidance.
    Making amends for her is impossible (as you mentioned) at this point. She just went way too far, by any standards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Eeew, another Sylvanas and Anduin cinematic. Alliance centric expansion confirmed.
    Where is the Horde? Why would a Horde player enjoy this expansion? There's nothing there for them.
    Whole expansion happens because of you guys. You were a perfect tool for Sylvanas to use and she used you like a fiddle. Now we enter the "clean up the shit after horde is done messing things up" phase...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devvra View Post
    Yes, but Faol was Random Killed Person From Lordaeron no. 38292, not the Ranger-General of Silvermoon, who was punished for standing on Arthas' way.

She was made a pawn during unspeakable tortures. Arthas took care for her suffering. He killed her, unmake her, and then made her kill her own people. She witnessed not only the Quel'Thalas fall, he forced her to participate. And even after, Balnazzar was saying that her heart is still elven. Until Wrath of the Lich King, she was mostly sad, sometimes suffering and angry, remembering everything. After that, she commited suicide.

And in the Maw, the story goes full circle, she was going to be tortured yet again.

After that, she was not the same. Not ever again. She was not only twisted by being undead, she was twisted by Arthas and Jailer, inspired to do unspeakable horrors to others. She became Arthas himself when she destroyed Teldrassil and when she made a monster of Delaryn. After Arthas she probably didn't believe that she ever had a choice (of course she had, but that's the other matter), until now.

And now only the death remained. Sylvanas won't make it. Writers are fattening and preparing her for the Midsummer Feast, when she will be sacrificed into some weepy scene when she probably saves Anduin and goes to oblivion forever, but that was her choice and this is her story. All she wanted is to have peace, I do not think she would mind becoming a shish-kebab on Tyrande's glaive. Not anymore.
    You do know that delusion or mental illness only excuse you to a certain point, yes? Mad people who committed mass murder are sentenced same as sane ones. Sometimes they get to spend their sentence in asylum though.
    P.S.
    Finished reading your post... yeah, she might die. But if she lives that will not be a redemption, that will be a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    at this point its just funny btw how blizz keeps rehashing the same content over and over and over again. Now we even got a Frostmourne 2.0, which looks EXACTLY like the old one (down to the spikes on one side).
    Exact... Exact... EXACTLY THE SAME?! What? Aside from the blue glow and the fact that they have runes engraved, they look nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Exact... Exact... EXACTLY THE SAME?! What? Aside from the blue glow and the fact that they have runes engraved, they look nothing alike.
    yeaaah sure

(pics not from me but gets the point across)

the runes
    the blue glow all around it
    a line of spikes pointing upwards on the left side and 2 spikes pointing downwards on the right side
    the blade itself being dark-blue in the middle and only grey on the sides

obviously its not an EXACT copy, bc its a different sword, but are you seriously trying to deny they copied frostmourne as much as they could?
    if so, LOL
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    the runes
    a line of spikes pointing upwards on the left side and 2 spikes pointing downwards on the right side

obviously its not an EXACT copy, bc its a different sword, but are you seriously trying to deny they copied frostmourne as much as they could?
    if so, LOL
    Ye, you know why they look so similar? They use same schematics from Runecarver, same runic magic, same materials. Alexandros is using a pretty much exact copy of corrupted Ashbringer, due to him wielding it when he was alive. Stop overreaction.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-01-03 at 08:05 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye, you know why they look so similar? They use same schematics form Runecarver, same runic magic, same materials. Alexandros is using a pretty much exact copy of corrupted Ashbringer, due to him wielding it when he was alive. Stop overreaction.
    the fact that they gave a lore reason why it looks similar doesnt change anything.
    much like maldraxxus with the scourge, and alexandros with the fake ashbringer, the real reason why this look like that is bc blizz is trying to catch people with cheap nostalgia.
    "oh look remember the scourge? oh look, remember the ashbringer? oh look, remember arthas and frostmourne?? isnt it cool?"
    thats the one and only reason.
    blizz being unoriginal and only capable of rehasing things from the past.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    the fact that they gave a lore reason why it looks similar doesnt change anything.
    much like maldraxxus with the scourge, and alexandros with the fake ashbringer, the real reason why this look like that is bc blizz is trying to catch people with cheap nostalgia.
    "oh look remember the scourge? oh look, remember the ashbringer? oh look, remember arthas and frostmourne?? isnt it cool?"
    thats the one and only reason
    I mean, sure. If that's what you want to believe in. But for me the explanation that same weapon types with same origin can look alike is perfectly reasonable. Artistic cohesion is also a thing.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-01-03 at 08:12 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    yeaaah sure

https://i.imgur.com/6tkBQWq.png

the runes

if so, LOL
    It's pretty obviously inspired by Frostmourne, that much is sure - but it's also not very similar at all. It lacks the same runes as Frostmourne, it has a split blade with a central "power core" more reminiscent of the Ashbringer. It lacks Frostmourne's distinctive cross-guard and the skull that adorns its rain-guard, and of course the length of the blade itself is entirely different. All in all, I'd say the corrupted Shalamayne is more different from Frostmourne than it is similar. The blue glow of the runes and generally around the blade are part and parcel of the anima power now infused into both blades - they both now share the same origin (being mourneblades forged with the influence of the Maw and the Jailer).

Ultimately, this new blade is like an uneven fusing of Frostmourne and Shalamayne - it's distinct from both of its precursors while having echoes of both as well.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Its too late for that with Sylvanas, simple as that
    I mean no; it’s never to late, everyone has a reason why they do things. Why did she go all super evil? It’s part of a story’s job to explore that even with the villains. If they turn around and she becomes good again ok that’s dumb but the way they are exploring her psyche and how she tries to hide her vulnerability is actually well executed so far; something Blizzard has always messed up in my opinion and it always seemed ham fisted

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPOvUQIbP9s
    Aaaand, cut. Scene over. They officially whitewashing Sylvanas by that vomit inducing interaction with Anduin. Lets say it like that - its horrible from every angle. Its like a perfect gem made of pure crap, every side of it shines its own hue of awful.
    1) Anduin still sees "some good" in her, aka the Hope or wahetever.
    2) Arthas-Anduin parallel which i always found really unnecessary, not every Alliance prince should be compared to Arthas. Arthas wasnt even that great of a character (although he IS better then most current characters.)
    3) Whats the point of all that grand talk of "choice" and Anduin placing HIS fate as some kind of "end line" for Evilness when uncountable legions of souls are currently tortured, broken, turned mad or enslaved by the Jailer and Sylvanas. How comes their fates were not evil enough, but if she dares touch him THEN its a Moral Event Horizon?
    4) Jailer looks awful, just saying. Handsome squidward is not imposing and looks silly.
    5) Kerrigan "redemption" story ahoy, here we go. *vomits*
    6) All that was pretty much "foretold" before and people said that it will never happen. Well... I guess it DID happened after all!
    But... It dosent make me happy, it just makes me even more disheartened since the Worst Scenario is THE Scenario we going with.
    Sylvanas kinda reminds me of Vader in a way. She's evil as fuck, has committed endless genocide, but there is SLIGHT mortality in her remaining, whereas her boss is the truly evil one behind the scenes.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait...

Hold on...

SYLVANAS IS JUST DARTH VADER! Fought an evil forces only to succumb to that force, has a fucked up body, and wielder of the "dark side" of the cosmos.

- - - Updated - - -

Only differences being: A. The events are played the same. And B. Anduin ain't her kid.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, all we need for Sylvi to absolutely loose her shit now is to put Arthas in front of her. I was kinda against of bringing him back, but it seems it's inevitable at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Yay, more Sylvanas and King “Turn the other cheek” giving a lawful stupid lecture, oh yeah, just what the Alliance players have been clamouring for...

Face it, *both* factions are tagging along with their emotional journey.
    Last edited by mysticx; 2021-01-03 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Sylvanas kinda reminds me of Vader in a way. She's evil as fuck, has committed endless genocide, but there is SLIGHT mortality in her remaining, whereas her boss is the truly evil one behind the scenes.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait...

Hold on...

SYLVANAS IS JUST DARTH VADER! Fought an evil forces only to succumb to that force, has a fucked up body, and wielder of the "dark side" of the cosmos.

- - - Updated - - -

Only differences being: A. The events are played the same. And B. Anduin ain't her kid.
    I mentioned that on page 10 lol. Anduin is Luke Skywalker. Everything adds up.

yeaaah sure

the runes

if so, LOL
    Good this looks so goofy. Like fanfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkra View Post
    Anduin... I am your mother.

NOOOOOOOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Anduin... I am your mother.

NOOOOOOOO!!!
    The only thing that isn't there is the family bloodlines. Its more based on Sylvanas' morals and how she lived life. If you compare Anakin's life to Vader (who I know is the same person) compare it to Sylvanas... its a bit similar, barring some certain details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Good this looks so goofy. Like fanfiction.
    Oh no, a Mournblade similar to that of Arthas' references similar designs...

Almost as if they're of the same fucking material and crafter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narkra View Post
    Mhm. Only issue is that people's hateboner for Sylvanas is clouding their judgement. Reminder, Blizzard never said she was good. They just said she isn't as 1 dimensional as people think.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Oh no, a Mournblade similar to that of Arthas' references similar designs...

Almost as if they're of the same fucking material and crafter.

- - - Updated - - -

Mhm. Only issue is that people's hateboner for Sylvanas is clouding their judgement. Reminder, Blizzard never said she was good. They just said she isn't as 1 dimensional as people think.
    I agree. Everyone tends to think 1-dimensionally and not looking at the subtleties placed in the cinematics. Everything thats happening--has been generally subtle in one way or another. It may have not been executed as GREAT as we would all like, but consider the grander picture before jumping on bandwagons. I think Blizzard succeeded this time, with how many people hate her. But, again--they should consider more than just what they see in one given cinematic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas keeps changing character each week
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Sylvanas keeps changing character each week
    I feel as though its intentional. She is wondering if this is truly the right way to go about things--she doesn't want to become what the Lich King was. She is slowly realizing that she is also just a weapon for the Jailer, who also orchastrated the LK from Arthas.