Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You are looking at buying carries. Most likely PvP carries to get conquest and rating to obtain 220 gear or higher. Then doing some mythic CN.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I suggest going for curve instead.

How do you manage to have a fulltime job with errands and fitness into all this? Fitness after work is what takes a huge dump on my time, and then there are days you're just very tired. 2x a week is maximum for me, but there is so much other stuff to do, to keep your character up to date.

If I could just sit down after work it would be easy, but who does that in 2020?

There are plenty of guilds both Ally and Horde that are CE and raid 5-9 hours a week (2-3 days). You won't be world first, but you'll get CE before the next tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post

Not every job has a set schedule. So while you might be free one Tuesday you're working the next 3. That can make committing to a raid schedule impossible for some.
    This is accurate but OP didnt say "I have a full time job with a schedule that moves around" they just said "I have a full-time job" and most of us will assume, by that, that they work regular 9-5 hours.

In the case you put forth, it's not the full time hours that are the issue, it's the variability of those hours... and if that's the case, OP needs to tailor their expectations ike an adult. Part of being an adult is simply acknowledging that you can't always do everything you want. They can still play WoW and do a lot of endgame stuff... but maybe they can't any longer get CE. And is CE really important? I mean... it's a video game achievement. It doesnt mean you've seen more of the endgame, just that you've done it on t he hardest level.

Quote Originally Posted by CcB View Post
    Why do you need CE?

- - - Updated - - -

The majority of staying healthy is fixing your diet. Unless you'd like to be fit, lean or muscular, for the sex appeal.
    Not even close, maybe you're still 25. And lots and lots of jobs make you sit still. When you're getting close to 35, you're gonna reap all that musclepain (and nervepain cause weak small muscles around your neck/hip etc) of not using your body. But hey, you could always chiropractor your way out of it, but trust me, it never works in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    what is ce?
    Hes talking about Halo: Combat Evolved or Halo: Custom Edition

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    How do you manage to have a fulltime job with errands and fitness into all this? Fitness after work is what takes a huge dump on my time, and then there are days you're just very tired. 2x a week is maximum for me, but there is so much other stuff to do, to keep your character up to date.

If I could just sit down after work it would be easy, but who does that in 2020?
    people with 0 social life/no relationship ?

i mean SL is perfect expansion for them - but for normal players ? its nightmare

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in 2008, I started hardcore raiding...up until around 2012. This was due to the fact of the recession and I wasn't working full time. I've since then been working full time and can't commit to raiding like I'd like to. I've joined guilds and did alt/weekend runs but that seems to never last. M+ seems to work out well for me, as a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by CcB View Post
    This depends on genetics though I know a small snippet of what lower back pain feels like..I'm not looking forward to aging!
    Yes, but "aging" is mostly habits catching up on you. My father is soon 60, and he doesn't have any pain at all, but that's cause he has had a lifelong commitment to exercising his body. And it's not to impress chicks, the benefits are far greater than that.
    Genetics has something to say, and for some, exercise just causes more pain cause of how wrongly they do it. I'm the guy that if I go just a week or two without exercise, I'm feeling it.

I'm just gonna do as little as I can get away with in wow, and see how far the team wants me on the mythic rooster.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    If you have a family/ other responsibilities that may not be the case. If you only have work/wow that may be true.

I love how so many people seem to have this mentality. Would you say that to someone in actual conversation, or would you empathize? If you can't do x then you are bad at y. So lame.
    Right, all the other people having families and working more than 40 hours a week, I wonder how they do it. Probably not by asking their family to respect their "me" time after their due dilligence in family matters. Because it is known that one can't have personal time off when having a family. It is always the case that when you come back from your 8 hour work shift, the other 8-10 hours before going to sleep is fully occupied by family/household stuff. Always... no exceptions. So yes, sarcasm aside, if you come home from work and can't have 3-4 hours for yourself for 2-3 times a week out of the possible 7, you are doing something wrong. If your familiy steals all your time... your family has issues.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2021-01-03 at 10:22 PM.

Not sure if there's again the "oh look at me sacrificing all my time to work/family/this/that/combination of them, I just can-not afford the time this game requires, I'm so much better" message hidden here somewhere, but I'll take the bait, whatever it was.
    You can play this game while having a full-time work. Even such that takes more than 9 to 5, Mon to Fri. Even if you have a SO or a family. Even if you have other hobbies on top. Shocking as it may sound, time management and prioritizing things is not something that ceases to exist even if WoW is added in the mix. Nothing in this game is something that can't wait for a week or two, if your schedules won't fit. Unless you play for R14 on classic servers. Pretty much everything else is perfectly doable, and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    Not sure if there's again the "oh look at me sacrificing all my time to work/family/this/that/combination of them, I just can-not afford the time this game requires, I'm so much better" message hidden here somewhere, but I'll take the bait, whatever it was.
    You can play this game while having a full-time work. Even such that takes more than 9 to 5, Mon to Fri. Even if you have a SO or a family. Even if you have other hobbies on top. Shocking as it may sound, time management and prioritizing things is not something that ceases to exist even if WoW is added in the mix. Nothing in this game is something that can't wait for a week or two, if your schedules won't fit. Unless you play for R14 on classic servers. Pretty much everything else is perfectly doable, and then some.
    ye sure ... ofc you can ...

if you want soon to call your SO as EX and be a full time alimony payer.

its cute though how much people love to lie on internet

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Why do you want CE if you can’t commit to a raid team?
    Since WotLK over to BfA u was ez able to raid World 200 with 2x 3h Raidschedule what is possible even if u work.

There is absolut no other Reason to play WoW beside Raids, every other aspect of the game u can have in much better quality in other games.

7+ Year Old Account
    When I was at my most hardcore, raiding wise, I put in, weekly, the fewest number of hours compared to any other time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer is relatively simple. There is the job and there is the raid. Arrange your life around those two things and then find a guild that works with that.

I decided long ago that achievements in a video game aren't worth arranging my life around. I'm not criticizing those that do but you will have to find your own path for that. In the end it's going to generally have to look like this unless you buy your way to a CE. If you do that I'm not sure why you would bother.

Enjoying the raid is the thing. The achievement is secondary.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-01-04 at 07:41 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

As someone who have had your issue for a long time i can definitely relate.
    - I struggled in WoD trying to do more hardcore content just to burn out from fatigue and juggling work, life, and game. Ended up dropping wow.
    - I tried to do it all again in Legion but once again i was hit with IRL responsibilities and couldnt keep up with the grind. By end of legion i was mostly pugging just to have fun from time to time.
    - Before BFA hit i had a different plan. I dropped mythic raiding from my plans. It is just not possible for me to commit, and it is not fair to either raid members, or my family. I joined a more relaxed guild with a lenient attendance policy. Focused mostly on heroic raiding and then people did whatever they wanted with their time (pvp, m+,etc).
    I have never been happier.i can enjoy the raiding scene without the stress it brought with it. and i dont feel like im letting anyone down either in-game or irl.

Ofc this solution might not work for everyone. I work a 12h shift 5 days a week, so my time was already limited. So it worked for me.
    The idea is to consider which parts are important to you, and to set up realistic goals and expectations

10+ Year Old Account
    "Do I want a steady income, a foundation for building a family / independence? Or an achievement in this videogame?"
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I can only give you this advice. You gotta pace your Workload / Time spent ingame yourself. No one else wil do that for you. Thats what people have forgotten becase Legion/BFA encouraged 24/7 play. Peter Hines (Lead Game Designer Bethesda) once said: "If you let them Players will optimize the fun out of a game".

I keep getting this experience myself so I decided for me to retire from mythic raiding.
    Blizzard has done a great job with pacing in terms of player power in sl imho. Throghast 2 Wings Layer 8 Clear and Covenant Quest thats roughly 2-3h a week.
    Last edited by skynet1990; 2021-01-04 at 08:33 AM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    There are CE guilds casual and skilled enough to fit full time working schedules, I've been in two since Legion. That said if you work times that make you unable to commit to most raiding schedules I just can't see how that could work for CE.