Angry Stygia Hyperspawn Farm Will Ruin Shadowlands

There is once again a method of play that will tilt the balance in favour of players willing to abuse the game - I for one hope that Blizz see's this as game breaking and fixes this asap but not only that - BAN the idiots abusing it.

twitch.tv/jpctheman_/clip/IncredulousKnottyLaptopDendiFace?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

Discuss.

there is sod all decent stuff to spend styia on anyway, this wont affect any thing much

Quote Originally Posted by Neo6810 View Post
    There is once again a method of play that will tilt the balance in favour of players willing to abuse the game - I for one hope that Blizz see's this as game breaking and fixes this asap but not only that - BAN the idiots abusing it.

twitch.tv/jpctheman_/clip/IncredulousKnottyLaptopDendiFace?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

Discuss.
    I agree that it should be fixed and that players who exploit it should have some kind of punishment. But to say that it will ruin Shadowlands is a complete overreaction. You can buy sockets and conduit upgrades with stygia. That’s it. Nothing gamebreaking at all. And you still need the rep. People who don’t exploit it will get sockets and conduits pretty fast anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But to say that it will ruin Shadowlands is a complete overreaction.
    clickbait titles even in messages send to your parents for new years eve are par for the course in 2021.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo6810 View Post

Discuss.
    how about you don't spam the same thread across multiple boards?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I've barely even done anything outside of the required in the maw, how is this going to ruin the entire expansion?

Oh Em Gee...someones going to have...like 6 sockets on their blues. Like personally if this is any sort of an actual exploit its a pretty piss poor one. Oh guys we need to go to the maw to farm things till we get another socket for my sidegrade!

If your vision of the game is to stand in one spot and spam one button for hours to get a miniscule reward, then by all means, be my guest. But that won't ruin anything for a normal person. But it's nice to see that the asia grinder crowd has something to do even in modern wow.

This is an exploit clearly, which should be punished.
    Is this something game-breaking tho?
    Hell nah, take these ppl to either pvp or raiding and they will most likely fail, even with the sockets you seem to fear so much. Do you think 16 versa on an item will help them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    This is an exploit clearly, which should be punished.
    Is this something game-breaking tho?
    Hell nah, take these ppl to either pvp or raiding and they will most likely fail, even with the sockets you seem to fear so much. Do you think 16 versa on an item will help them?
    How so? They are just killing mobs that spawn.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    even then its TERRIBLY inefficient..for very VERY little gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You are supposed to get "eye of the jailer" progress whenever you kill an enemy. What those people do, is, killing mobs that blizz forget to add to the list of eye-progress when killed.
    It's pretty obvious that this is not what Blizzard wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaizar View Post
    there is sod all decent stuff to spend styia on anyway, this wont affect any thing much
    Except for full 226 conduits and enough sockets to last you the entire expansion. Which is gonna total around 500k-1mil Stygia depending on how often you upgrade gear each tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    You are supposed to get "eye of the jailer" progress whenever you kill an enemy. What those people do, is, killing mobs that blizz forget to add to the list of eye-progress when killed.
    It's pretty obvious that this is not what Blizzard wants.
    A quick search say it's only the the person that lands the last hit that gets the "threat" And those mobs would only give 6 threat per kill. That would be just short of 100 of them to = 1 rare mob kill.

They could be getting jailer threat, just slow enough to be able to farm for awhile.

I sure hope this is fixed, like the endless AP farm in Suramar in Legion or the endless honor farm on BFA pre-patch. I had friends who did the endless honor farm and got rolled back and a warning even though there wasn't much news about it they got punished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since there is already a longer thread under General: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...in-Shadowlands then closing this one.